collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi stars?  (Read 99950 times)

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
Re: Novi stars?
« Reply #870 on: May 07, 2013, 03:40:53 PM »
Fräulein Kim: I have seen her on eBay Uk, but Im not sure if any of the sellers were in the EU. Also I can't remember her price. Less than 36€ though I think.

Thanks! I have to check that out. :heart:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 07, 2013, 03:43:35 PM »
Gosh, the cyclops girl is cute (reminds me a bit of Futurama, hehe)! And so is the one with four arms.
I'm not crazy for Novi Stars. Once again because they lack articulation.
So here's a question: are their limbs solid or hollow? I heard their heads are. If that was the case with their limbs I could try to add ball joints to them *__*

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 07, 2013, 03:46:05 PM »
The cheapest EU-Seller is from the Netherlands.. still, with s&h she'd cost a whopping €32. No thank you. ;=;

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 07, 2013, 03:48:39 PM »
The cheapest EU-Seller is from the Netherlands.. still, with s&h she'd cost a whopping €32. No thank you. ;=;

Why aren't they hitting Germany already? Same goes for La Dee Da dolls.
I feel betrayed! :lol:

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 07, 2013, 04:01:22 PM »

Or Cutie Pops. :<
Then again.. they'll probably ask €30 for them in store. THEY HAVE GIMMICKS, YOU KNOW?!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #875 on: May 07, 2013, 04:04:43 PM »
Gosh, the cyclops girl is cute (reminds me a bit of Futurama, hehe)! And so is the one with four arms.
So here's a question: are their limbs solid or hollow? I heard their heads are. If that was the case with their limbs I could try to add ball joints to them *__*

I don't know about their limbs, but I know people have put them on jointed bodies. :3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 07, 2013, 04:05:37 PM »
I don't think she is an exclusive, but I haven't actually seen her in any stores- just amazon.  So maybe she was a limited release.  She looks weird enough that maybe stores didn't order her figuring that the little girls wouldn't be keen on her...

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 07, 2013, 04:09:08 PM »

Or Cutie Pops. :<
Then again.. they'll probably ask €30 for them in store. THEY HAVE GIMMICKS, YOU KNOW?!

Yeah, don't get me started on European prices for toys...
Still, I curse this message board every day for getting me into dolls I can't buy in my own country (Moxie Teenz, now Novis... there is no god)! X)

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 07, 2013, 04:14:08 PM »
I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! :<
Part of what is fueling my love for MH is that they are so readily available EVERYWHERE! Even MLP is hard to find nowadays, but I run into the MHs shopping for dog food these days. X')

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 07, 2013, 04:36:57 PM »
Concerning posability:

I still want to know if the limbs are generally hollow or not, but this looks like a great way to get a jointed Novi if you don't care so much about their gimmicks but just like their faces ^^

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 07, 2013, 04:40:12 PM »
Concerning posability:

I still want to know if the limbs are generally hollow or not, but this looks like a great way to get a jointed Novi if you don't care so much about their gimmicks but just like their faces ^^

*seriously considering doing this to Ari & the Cyclops*

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 07, 2013, 07:42:07 PM »

I want to help, but I'm probably not the best source.  Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

All the Novis have different bodies.  Some are hollow, some are liquid filled, some are not hollow, and some are wired :crazy:  I think adding ball joints is almost impossible.  I say "almost" because there are some amazing customizers out there ALWAYS proving me wrong!  Where there is a will there is a way!

Most of the dolls are one piece of plastic with removable arms.  No leg, hip joints.  In fact their thighs are molded together.

I just think adding the joints to some dolls, will be a pain (if not impossible.)  Sorry to be a downer:)  Prove me wrong!  Those are my favorite mods, when someone does the impossible and does it well:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 07, 2013, 08:28:37 PM »
Thank you anyways, justkitter ^^

I found this here:

Novi Stars Body Comparison von My Dolls Are My Models auf Flickr

I knew that some bodies were filled with stuff. I'm not interested in those because I just know that after a few years the liquid turns the insides yellow and then dries out. It's this magic wand/lava lamp idea that looks really cool but isn't made to last ^^#
I was interested if the dolls without "filling" would have hollow limbs. I heard all heads were hollow, that's why I asked.
I'm already thinking about drilling holes into those cuties XD

Anyways, I caved. I put three Novis on my dolly wishlist. Orbit Beach Una and Ari and Mallie Tasker ^^
Let's see if I can get them relying on the lovely Arena people.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 08, 2013, 02:08:08 AM »
Zapper: we have some Moxies here, not sure if they are the teenz or girls, but I can take a look for you if you like. Because Finland us insane pricewise, they might cost about as much as a small car.

EDUT: I just checked, they are the Moxie Gilz, not Teenz. Sorry.

I also curse this board! I love La Dee Das and just orderd two for an undisclosed overprice off eBay. I love them though. They came on monday. To be honest, it wasn't the dolls that were expensive, it ws the ineternational shipping.

The irony of this thread is that we have Novis here, but the pricing is quite mad.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 02:12:42 AM by Nana-Rena »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 08, 2013, 11:26:58 AM »
Concerning posability:

Those are cool-  except that I really like the proportions/shapes of the actual gimmicky bodies :D  - the hands on that picconeemo are a HUGE- lol

Post Merge: May 08, 2013, 11:28:56 AM

Thank you anyways, justkitter ^^

I found this here:

Novi Stars Body Comparison von My Dolls Are My Models auf Flickr

I knew that some bodies were filled with stuff. I'm not interested in those because I just know that after a few years the liquid turns the insides yellow and then dries out. It's this magic wand/lava lamp idea that looks really cool but isn't made to last ^^#
I was interested if the dolls without "filling" would have hollow limbs. I heard all heads were hollow, that's why I asked.
I'm already thinking about drilling holes into those cuties XD

Anyways, I caved. I put three Novis on my dolly wishlist. Orbit Beach Una and Ari and Mallie Tasker ^^
Let's see if I can get them relying on the lovely Arena people.

Orbit beach is a good line to get to avoid the gel-filled legs.  I have been considering how to fill the legs with resin or something so that it doesn't dry out - I know that will happen eventually...

Probably just easier to get a set of Orbit Beach dolls to swap out the bodies for when the need arises...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 11:28:56 AM by Galactica »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal