collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi stars?  (Read 100205 times)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Novi stars?
« Reply #375 on: September 21, 2012, 03:12:14 PM »
I was browsing ebay and found fashion packs for all dolls exept Mae, and I thought it was because her shoes is'nt changable. But then again, they can complement her fashion packs with wigs instead of shoes I say ;)

OOh! What a great idea! I love it!

Offline Private_Bubbles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • I'm Bubbles, Private Bubbles.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #376 on: September 24, 2012, 07:38:21 PM »
Every time I see these dolls I'm so tempted to get one, they're really cute.
I hate how they have their age in light years though, it's like saying I'm 18 kilometres old :P

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 25, 2012, 09:06:23 AM »
Yeah, most toy companies seem to think kids are dumb. Like Hasbro thinking a kid wouldn't know what a seahorse was *facepalm*

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 25, 2012, 10:14:31 AM »
I still love these dolls- their eyes are so beautiful- and their hair and outfits are super cute- MGA did a great job with them :D 

I keep picking up Una Verse and putting her down- she is amazingly cute but the huge bubbles in her legs might indicate that the liquid stuff is drying up...

But I think this could be something that could be fixed if it happened- maybe a syringe filled with liquid (water or something else?)  - and then seal the hole with hot glue....

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 25, 2012, 05:22:55 PM »
I think my husband might have bought one of these for my birthday. I gave him a list of three I liked. Man I hope its Una as she is my favorite, but I also love Alie too.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 26, 2012, 11:36:58 AM »

I keep picking up Una Verse and putting her down- she is amazingly cute but the huge bubbles in her legs might indicate that the liquid stuff is drying up...

I thought that at first about the bubbles in Una's legs as well. I actually searched through about a dozen of them looking for one that was filled a bit more, but when compared they were all pretty much the same. Once I purchased her and played around with the feature, I realized that the air pockets were probably an intentional part of the design. The glitter gets so compacted in her legs that the bubbles are what loosens it up when shaken around. Without them I'm not sure if the snow globe effect would work at all, her legs are just too narrow.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 11:39:31 AM by Mandy85 »

Tagi

« Reply #381 on: October 16, 2012, 06:12:03 PM »
So I bought Elie Lectric today, just to check these gals out. Her clothes were super fraying, and her hair quality is pretty meh.

Can't deny the cuteness though.

Offline PurpleCheeseStick

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Woweeeeeee
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 23, 2012, 01:37:03 PM »
I hate how they have their age in light years though, it's like saying I'm 18 kilometres old :P

This makes me want to hit my head against a wall. I mean kids probably aren't going to notice that that's wrong but now MGA's teaching them that light years is a measure of time and not distance. Imagine how that's going to go over well in school... "Alright class, this week we're learning about space- does anyone here know what light years are used to measure?" "AGE! CAUSE MY NOVI STARS DOLL IS A FEW HUNDRED LIGHT YEARS OLD!" ".... -whole class laughs-"

Okay that probably won't happen but still. That just irks me.

My friends were super super sweet and nice and bought me my first Novi Stars doll as a surprise  :blush: and I'm... On the fence about her? The doll I got was Alie Lectric, and the "blushing" in different colors thing is pretty cool, but I don't get why her legs are the things that are blushing, but maybe that's cause she's an alien. I think my biggest pet peeve is that her legs can't move at all so her poses are VERY limited, so she's not going to do much more than sit on my desk, look pretty and collect dust I suppose. Kind of disappointed about that.

Other than that though I really love her, I think her hairbow's adorable  :lovey:
:happy: :rainbow: G2 Maniac! :rainbow: :enthralled:

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 28, 2012, 09:02:26 AM »
I am trying so hard to resist these dolls. They're incredibly cute but I don't think I have room or money right now for them! I couldn't sleep last night so I spent hours on mobile Flickr ogling them… I really like Nita Light and I saw a few people that successfully gave her a small BJD body that really seemed to complement her… made her even cuter. :blush: I'm not sure the resisting will go on much longer.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 28, 2012, 04:59:17 PM »
Oooh!  I wanna see!  I need more reasons to buy these gals (or at least put them on my wishlist :lol:)  I've been on the fence WAY too long:)  Got pics or links?
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

ElusiveLily

« Reply #385 on: October 28, 2012, 05:35:49 PM »
Well, I bought one. I just got a new job, and I got my first paycheck this past Friday so...I took a trip to Target. It's an amazing feeling having more money than you know what to do with. I picked up three MH dolls and had a quick glance at the Novi Stars dolls. I just couldn't resist. She's still in her packaging. I've been working so much, I haven't had the chance to sit down and open her.

papier

« Reply #386 on: November 03, 2012, 02:56:39 PM »
I bought Mae Talleck today - she had £5 off so I thought 'why not'. She's very cute, but is it just my particular girl, or is her stand completely useless? She can't slot both skates in no matter what I do. I've tried turning it around too, jsyk. :)

Offline rayedelsol

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #387 on: November 03, 2012, 05:05:38 PM »
I already have an Una Verse doll, but her hair is crazy. While at TRU the other day I found one with PERFECT hair. I mean the two blues were perfectly separated and she had these amazing ringlet-type curls....   :( I wanted to pick her up so bad, but I cannot justify having two of the exact same doll.... Just needed to vent. Thanks

Offline klein

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #388 on: November 03, 2012, 07:55:14 PM »
After toying with the idea of getting one for months, I finally bought Una Verse yesterday when I found her on sale at TRU. I like the style of the doll but was kind of disappointed at her level of articulation.

I think I may get Ari Roma eventually and just be happy with the pair, if they were more articulated I would probably get more of them.

Tagi

« Reply #389 on: November 13, 2012, 07:35:18 PM »
...Ari Roma smells soooo good. Anyone have any idea how long she will keep her scent for?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal