collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi stars?  (Read 100050 times)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Novi stars?
« Reply #360 on: September 06, 2012, 11:50:19 AM »
If I purchased a second one (after my sweet Una) it would be Ari. I love glitter, haha. I'd actually not mind if it got everywhere, as long as enough stayed on Ari to keep her looking minty. XD Random sparkles everywhere! And her puffy purple hair is really neat. The other three girls have a lot more things about them I don't like. (Alie's color, Nita's clothes, Mae's lack of clothes...)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 06, 2012, 08:18:20 PM »
Did anyone see the live-action music video for this? It was quite.....awful. XD

Where are you guys finding the webisodes?
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 07, 2012, 12:06:59 AM »
:haha: The live-action music video IS awful! They didn't translate the super cute designs to human proportions very well at all :yucky:

I've been watching the videos through their official site but I'm pretty sure Novi Stars has an official YouTube channel too.
:fox:

Folly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #363 on: September 09, 2012, 07:23:31 PM »
Ooops.... I went to walmart today and the whole time I was in the car I kept telling myself "if they've stocked new toys I won't get any"

Well ummmmmmmmmm

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

COSSMMICCCC by FollyLolly, on Flickr

Whoops!  :blush:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:03:47 PM by Folly »

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #364 on: September 16, 2012, 06:05:52 AM »
Has anyone started making fashions for these girls yet? I saw these on Flickr and was impressed. I can't wrap my head around tiny Monster High clothes, much less for these little gals!

Untitled by MeLoveGangrels, on Flickr

Untitled by MeLoveGangrels, on Flickr

Folly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #365 on: September 16, 2012, 11:34:48 AM »
I'm PLANNING on making Mae a Miku cosplay, but first I need to get my plushie commissions out of the way and make a new outfit for Fen XD but I hear you, they're tiny!!!  I have no idea how I'm gonna put it together :x

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 17, 2012, 08:52:50 PM »
I'm so drooling over Allie right now. I love the traditional green alien look!

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline Princess_Luvlee

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 20, 2012, 08:46:33 PM »
Sadly this is another line MGA is mismanaging. The box/headband & concept are all great & the music ad elaborate (tho not my cup of TV...it screams Bratz commercial still) but even with GID features, glitter & waterfilled space themed cuties I'm def not buying after reading the thorough review on this blog

annd, she has a great review of the MH CAM Lab, BTB

http://my-plastic-fantasy.blogspot.com/2012/08/toy-thursday-novi-star-mae-tallick.html

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 20, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »
"MGA released a new line of dolls this month: Novi Stars. I can't help but think MGA are still trying to edge in on the Monster High corner of the doll market, after Bratzillaz kind of failed to take off. I am 100% ok with MGA trying to come up with new, quirky dollies - and I loved the idea of an alien range. I mean, look! They're awesome! "

I got kind of irked when reading that.. Who says the Bratzillaz failed? I work in a retail store and ring them up ALL the time and their commercials are spammed on kids tv programming. It's not like Novi Stars were put together just to replace Bratzillaz. They came out at like.. the same time. This is why I tend to stay away from people who do reviews.. They are so judgmental and think they are always right.

I'm going to read the rest of the review out of curiosity but I'm so sick of every single doll line that comes out being compared to Monster High.. It's really starting to annoy me and not love my Monster High girls anymore.  :huh:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #369 on: September 21, 2012, 04:27:12 AM »
She definitely isn't versed enough in the line to make such jumping conclusions. She is talking about Mae's wig and saying things like " the hair is actually a wig - which is cool, in theory, because you can swap them from doll to doll." or "I think this one is probably the most problematic wig for being messy - but even the others might not stay on, if this wig system is anything to go by." Mae is the only doll with a wig....

I really love my Novi Stars dolls, though, so I wouldn't agree with most of this article.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 21, 2012, 07:59:29 AM »
She probably got the idea that Bratzillaz weren't doing well because there is not the amount of internet buzz for them that there is for Monster High. Of course the reason Monster High has the amount of internet buzz is because all the adult collectors. It seems Bratzillaz don't have the same kind of impact with adult collectors but that doesn't mean they are not selling well with their target demographic of ....you know...kids. Some doll collectors tend to forget that we are not their main audience.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #371 on: September 21, 2012, 08:08:27 AM »
Wow, I really like them in custom fashions!  (apologies for being so random :P)  The stock clothing is kinda "meh" for me, but they grow up a lot in some different outfits.

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 21, 2012, 09:04:41 AM »
I just realised this is a great color match:

One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline karrie91

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 21, 2012, 10:07:11 AM »
I just realised this is a great color match:

LOVE this!!!! Your pony looks amazing with her curls by the way! I need to get my second Novi Star soon for sure.

As for the comments on the review.. I also noticed she thought that the wigs could be swapped. Unfortunately, not all of them wear wigs. I guess what irks me the most is she says toys are failing because collectors don't want them. But the thing is.. they weren't made to be collected by adults.. they were made for kids. And trust me.. at least around here.. kids are buying the Bratzillaz up. And the Novi Stars. They're pretty hot right now. Now I wish the Winx dolls weren't doing so good so I could hunt them down more! :P

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 21, 2012, 11:47:13 AM »
aw, thank you <3

I thought about the wig-thing lost night. I was browsing ebay and found fashion packs for all dolls exept Mae, and I thought it was because her shoes is'nt changable. But then again, they can complement her fashion packs with wigs instead of shoes I say ;)

And it does'nt sounds like whoever wrote that review had done much research, it sounds just like opinions and not research. :/

And I really hope they release more dolls with more poses in the future :) They really have me on a nostalgy trip back to Moondreamers <3
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal