collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So... who were your first 'new' ponies?  (Read 1912 times)

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
Re: So... who were your first 'new' ponies?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 09:48:19 AM »
Mine were the 2003 ponies that came 2 in a pack? It was Sparkleworks, Minty, Starswirl, and Autumn Skye I think. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 09:51:13 AM »
I can remember finding Braided Beauty in this little antique store in the old mall here. I never had any of the gimmick ponies as a kid and never really realized Hasbro did so many different things with ponies! I fell in love with B.B's colors and long hair and had to take her home. The sad thing is this store also had boy ponies I just didn't understand that they were boys back then (I only knew of Lucky) so I left them behind!  :cry:

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 10:00:51 AM »
I bought a mommy for my childhood baby AJ ^__^ I also bought a baby Bowtie and mommy for her too.
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 10:04:26 AM »
My first childhood pony and first collecting pony are the same - Surprise.  :)

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 10:10:09 AM »
Hard to say since I never really stopped collecting them. I think the first one I got with the intent to collect and not play with was Fizzy, which my cousin gave me in the mid or late 90s because she has two of her. But I don't entirely remember now.

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 10:25:28 AM »
Well I've always had Streaky with me even though she wasn't always on display. And I am so excited to recover my little childhood herd at the end of the month when I go visit my hometown. I hope to do a brag thread when I get them all safely home!

The first pony I got was actually a few months ago. I'd been watching FiM and searching on eBay randomly one day for Fluttershys or Pinkie Pies, I was hit with nostalgia when I saw all those ponies I used to love watching on the show. Fizzy, a long time childhood favorite, was my first buy followed by Locket and Moondancer. My herd has grown considerably and I was surprised at how many G3 ponies I liked (beachy, tropical, ocean themed ones). I've also been working on getting the G1 ponies that were out before I was born. Streaky is my oldest pony and she's older than I am! Oddly, I still haven't gotten a Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie except for the blind bag Pinkie Pie. I'm sure sooner or later I will crack and buy one of the numerous Fashion Style Pinkies at Target. I can't decide which Fluttershy I like and I'm not really planning on getting multiples of any pony.
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Offline TheGreatSpid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 10:54:37 AM »
Oh! I love these kind of threads!!

I decided to start collecting back when MLP was re-introduced back in 2003. I cant recall exactly which one it was, since I was buying a whole bunch for both myself and my sister (who was seven at the time ... which was a perfect reason for me to come back into the pony world). But I would have to say it was one of those two packs, with Autumn Skye and Sparkle Works? mostly likely one of those two.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 11:12:42 AM »
They were Stripes and Nectar...I wasn't collecting yet, but I was close.  I got them at a thrift shop and was going to sell them, but I couldn't bring myself to.  XD

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

LuckySwirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 11:42:53 AM »
I mostly just collected whatever I found at tag sales and flea markets, but the one I actively sought out was Applejack... I wanted that pony so badly as a kid but never got her (I didn't realize at the time that she was years out of date, LOL). The first ones I added that were flea market finds were a FF Blossom and Dainty Dahlia :) I'd never seen or heard of Perfume Puff ponies before that so I thought I had a serious frizz problem on my hands  :lol:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 03:16:51 PM »
My first childhood pony and first collecting pony are the same - Surprise.  :)

Lol Evie this is me too! Scary simpatico!

But for me it was Cotton Candy...my first childhood pony and the first pony when I started collecting.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 03:19:00 PM »
G3 Moondancer, who was a gift from my best friend and Silver Glow got me into collecting (I bought Silver Glow as. Friend for Merriweather.). My first g1 ponies were, I honk, Posey and Lickety Split.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 03:42:17 PM »
The very first pony in my collection was Whizzer which I bought from eBay in 2005 - a pretty random choice considering that I did not own her or even know about the TE ponies as a kid!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 06:04:22 PM »
I think it was when I bought medley for the first time. I then started going after just the first years. Honestly I never really realized I was going year by year. Though sometimes Im still random when I buy ponies.

sugar_apple

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 06:39:14 PM »
The first addition to my childhood collection was Pony Bride - though I actually found her in a flea market years before I started properly collecting ponies, I guess I was 'feeling nostalgic' or something, and was happy to find something that reminds me of my childhood - and she only cost 50 cents anyway   :P
The first pony I got after I REALLY started collecting was Blossom, I think.
My first G4 pony was Blossomforth (gee, many blossoms) and promised myself it would be the only one... yeah right  :rolleyes:
I don't have a specific 'plan' as to what ponies I get... just what I can find and fancy at the moment basically

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 06:44:34 PM »
Hmmm...well when I was a child I got the first 6 MLP's (minty, bluebell, butterscotch, cotton candy, snuzzle, and blossom) along with Sundance and Baby Moondancer all for Christmas. I was 5 or 6 years old and they were the start to a huge collection that I unfortunately gave away. Good news is that I kept 11 of them including the first 6 above and baby moondancer.
As an adult the first pony I picked up that got me back into collecting was G4 Applejack :) Lets just say it has been an addiction ever since lol!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal