collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89422 times)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update & Week 5 Challenge pg 68.
« Reply #1080 on: July 22, 2012, 11:55:42 PM »
I love coming here and reading everyone's updates.  Big qudos to those who are giving up soda drinks.  They are so addictive and SO bad for you.  I used to love coke but about 8 years ago I made the decision to give it up.  It was sooo hard at first but now when I am thirsty all I crave is water.

Crowning_Glory13, I am interested to read about your cabbage soup diet.  It wouldn't suit me because I would DIE without carbs but I am really interested to follow your progress.

I am coming down with a cold so I scaled my exercise back to just 30 mins walking on the flat today as that is all I felt up to.  I've eaten super well to cover for any difference.  2 points today.

Also, after the scales not shifting for quite some time, it seems I have lost 1kg in 3 days!  I am now at a grand total of 9.5kgs :frolic:

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: July 23, 2012, 03:37:22 AM »
Bleh, sorry I've not posted in so long! I've been thinking about my 5 things, and am going to put them in my notebook/food diary. Exercise is still hit and miss, but I'm managing to stay within my food totals :)
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline hlbmlp

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: July 23, 2012, 08:05:49 AM »
ok! 1pt for sat  and zippo for yesterday.....  grad parties kill me!  :/  so 21! woo.  I had given up mostly on mt dew back in the last go at this, but current circumstances and it being my comfort drink, it has not been good at all!  :/  sadface!  So im trying to drink sparingly, and finish whats already at the house.... and then try to only drink it when not at home... because if it's here i could drown in it.... well... at least it's better than booze! ^_^  lol    so i ve been working with my 10 lb weight!!! woo !!! ^_^  and if it wasnt so hot out id be using my ankle weights,  but they are not worth it in this heat! :/ 

gonna do the 5 changes ... better late than never! ^_^

1.  I dont munch while tv or computering.
2.  feel stronger
3.  more energy
4.  Fit into pants!!! ^_^
5.  I actually WANT to exercise and eat right!!!!!  No more forcing....for the most part... ^_^   WOO
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #1083 on: July 23, 2012, 08:28:01 AM »
Kiwimlp - as for the diet it can be hard....I LOVE crabs too. But you are only on the diet for a week. I have shed 7-10 pounds on it. I had not shed as much this time, but I think that is due to giving up a bit early. I had 3 days to go...but I had a cookie...yeah I know its not a big deal but it just made me crash the rest of the diet. I have a hard time eating the soup as it is summer. A bit too hot for soup. So I have a lot of soup left. So I am still on the diet but it has changed. For 2 meals I eat soup. I can pick one meal to be what I want. Hubby wanted to eggs for breakfast...so my non soup meal was breakfast. Sunday there was pasta I wanted. So lunch was my free meal. It has helped out a lot. I can eat any fruit or veggie I want. I did have part of a desert on Monday with my hubby. With starting this diet...I have noticed it does not take me much to get full. So my portion control has improved:) Its not easy but it is well worth it.

I have reached my mini goal of 135!!!! but I can not celebrate until I have maintained it for 7 days. I have travel and a birthday party to attend so holding it might be hard to keep. I have made a promise to myself that I would not go over 135 again. When ever I am over I just feel so horrible about myself. I finally can wear a pair of jeans I haven't been able to for years!

I am glad to see how people are progressing:) There is always going to be a hill to climb and a fall to break, but many celebrations in your future:)

SurfStar...take care of school and everything first:) We are here to understand and support you:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #1084 on: July 23, 2012, 09:05:59 AM »
Official Update

Woo! As of right now we are about 1/2 through this challenge. I can see that most of you are doing well even though there have been some ups and downs over the past few weeks. Ultimately I want each of you to know this:

I am so proud of each of you for keeping up with this and doing what you can to become healthier, more positive individuals about yourself, your habits, and your life![/color]

Each of you brings something unique and wonderful to this thread and I think that as a team we have been wonderfully supportive of each other and flexible in helping each other over the rough times. I cannot say enough how much I appreciate what each and every single one of you do!

You are all amazing

With that being said I want each of you to know that I am generally always available! My weekends are always a little hectic but during the week I am usually able to catch up. I am still running a bit behind from everything, but I should be 100% back on track this week.

Also remember, there was no week 4 challenge since I was out of town and ultimately decided that by the time I'd caught up (Wednesday) that it would just be better to wait for week 5 and give all of us a chance to recharge.

Week 6 Challenge

For this week, it goes a little bit with last week. While I still would like you to focus on something positive this challenge has two parts:

Part 1:
Each day, pick out one positive thing that you feel you contributed to OR about yourself.

For Example: Smiling or helping out another person in some way, realizing that 6 weeks ago you would have reached for a candy bar and now you really want fruit. It can either be focused on your healthy lifestyle OR just catching yourself being positive.

Part 2:
Take some time to look back over the last 6 weeks, ask yourself and evaluate how well your goals and plans have worked for you. Have you learned to be a little flexible and make different choices? Are you happy with how things are working out? Do you see the need for some changes in the next 6 weeks? Take some time this week to evaluate what is and what might not be working so well for you right now.

And onto the page replies :)

Page 69

I can't quote as I'm on my silly phone (it's 5am here, have been worrying myself to insanity all night long) but I'm really appreciative for the replies, SurfStar.

Bc I'm silly and forget to update my plan on here, as of the last fortnight I've only been recording points on a supplement basis. four a day, 0.5 points per drink. It makes things simpler.

On a side (unrelated) note, have to express my love for my blankets XD Hmm, maybe that's something I could reward myself with eventually -has found MLP blanket on evilbay-

edit: wow, I'm stupid when I'm sleep deprived XD
Clinic is soon.. will be going within the next hour, positively very nervous. :yikes: Will update on here as soon as I can.. I'm really hoping it's not the dreaded 'I' word. To think of a good thing in all of this.. at least it'll be over soon, and also it might help me find a better track.

You're welcome BrightSide. I enjoy replying to each of you. I think that it's really helped me stay engaged and motivated with this. :hug: I know what you mean about wanting to keep things simple. As long as you are keeping up with your plan that's what matters to me. If I had each of you post your plans all the time you updated, this thread would be even crazier than it is now!

Yeah, quoting on my phone is a pain in the rear to. I think everyone gets a little wacky when they are sleep deprived! :hug: I too also hope that this gets you back towards a better track for you and your health.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:25:45 AM by SurfStar »

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
I weighed myself the other day and I literally have not budged.  I guess it shouldn't be surprising since I was not able to exercise much before surgery and not at all now, but still.  *sigh*  I guess it's good that I haven't GAINED weight though, considering that the most activity I have in a day is getting from the couch to the bathroom a few times a day.  :P

Weekly Challenge:

Part 1:
I have done well with both of my surgeries.  I am as mobile as you could expect at this point and I have been very good about getting all of my suggested time (usually more) on the machine that moves my leg for me.  I go back in to the doctor on Thursday to have my stitches out and I expect that my surgeon will tell me that I am doing very well.  I'll start my PT sometime after next week and that's when the real fun beings.

Part 2:
Some of my plans have worked very well.  I have been pretty good about my exercise, taking long walks with my dogs and busting my butt (literally) at PT before my second surgery.  Since surgery, I have had to be very careful about any activity (if I overdo it at this point, I could end up with a permanent limp), but I have been very good about my stretches and using my CPM (the machine that moves my leg for me).

The changes in my diet have been harder.  Several times when I have gone out with my husband, I've ordered a salad instead of a burger.  Or if I splurge on something less healthy, I set aside half to take home in an attempt to control portions.  But the last couple weeks have been harder, since I'm not in any shape to cook my own food.  The hubby specializes in frozen meals, which are easy (he doesn't really know how to cook a fresh meal unless it's on a grill) but high in sodium.  We have chicken nuggets and fries at least twice a week.  I sleep a lot, which means that I usually only end up eating 2 meals in a day, so I've done ok calorie-wise.  But it still doesn't feel healthy.  In about 3 weeks, I should be mobile enough around the home to start cooking again.  I am really going to try to focus on fresh food, lots of veggies, and I am debating cutting out all (or at least most) gluten from my diet for a while.  My tummy has been unstable for a few years and I tend to get bizarre mystery abdominal pain (been to the hospital for it before because I was afraid it was my appendix after calling the nurse hotline on the back of my insurance card).  I'm beginning to wonder if I have a bit of a gluten intolerance, so I'm going to try that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Yay for a new challenge, but I am so sad to hear we are at the half way point of Healthy Habits.  I'm really enjoying the support of this thread- and I know I won't be done with my weight loss once it's over.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
Yay for a new challenge, but I am so sad to hear we are at the half way point of Healthy Habits.  I'm really enjoying the support of this thread- and I know I won't be done with my weight loss once it's over.

Same here! I've enjoyed the support! This week is the last week of my online class which means starting next week, I can get back on track with my exercise!
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Candy_Bang

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Have a happy, colourful day! <3
    • View Profile
    • Looking for WaePonies on Facebook?
I'm still alive :P Will try the challenges tomorrow.
I'm in search of my childhood Princess Serena/ Aquamarine with blue and gold tinsel. Have you seen her? <3

WIP Wish List here: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,298148.msg227145.html#msg227145

WaePonies! Please like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WaePonies

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Even with all the wonderful support I've not been doing well  :huh: Despite keeping track of what I eat and consciously trying to assess why I'm eating and make better choices, I've gained weight and my eating habits are as out of control as ever. A lot of this is linked to my worsening depression and I've made a doctors appointment next week to try and get some help. I wish food wasn't always such a huge deal, that I could just eat when I was hungry and every meal wouldn't be this huge deal.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Positive....i push my students to strive for perfection...hard teacher sometimes but always with kindness.

Only 1 point today. I had 2 cookies at the bank...i am not so upset because they are free but i should have only had one:p

My cravings are stronger then ever...but the diet is helping me a lot.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Well said! I agree, it's been such a good kickstart for me. :satisfied:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
I have done well for most of this weekend.. There was one day this week that I only received 1 point as I wasn't able to exercise. This weekend I somehow missed keeping track of Friday and Saturday- I must have been in la la land. I know I got 1 point on Saturday, but unsure about Friday. Sunday was a 2 point day.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
As an additional update, I am going to try to start cutting out wheat ASAP.  The hubby ordered pizza tonight and I ate a couple of his crusts, that's all.  Within 30 minutes my stomach knotted up and I'm super gassy (sorry tmi).  I definitely think that my tummy is trying to tell me something.  So I'm adding that to my list.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
My positive for the day:  I looked at a new pair of boots that would look great with skinny jeans. I did not buy them but I have promised myself that WHEN I am slim I will buy a pair for myself that I love.

1 point for exercise (walk on the flat again due to a cold) and 1 point for eating.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal