collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89295 times)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Awwww all of you sound so cute! <3 I often wish I was a little shorter. Haha :P I'm 5'6 myself and I often feel so much taller than a lot of people xD I have a short person body on long, not so slender legs xD
I'm 5'8 and compared to pretty much ALL of my friends I am a giant XD Only one friend is my height, the rest are like 5'0-5'4 at the tallest. I think it does help me carry my weight a lot better though. I have really long slender legs and a long torso, so it takes a lot of weight for me to actually start looking overweight. Unfortunately I'm at that point now, still looking rather pear shaped.

Ahhh I would love to have a long torso! It sounds like you have a killer body shape :) And seeing pictures of you, I can definitely say you don't look overweight at all! You look great! :D
aww thanks Monster  :hug: My un-buttonable size 14 pants disagree unfortunately! I think all the pictures of me are rather old, as I have been avoiding them like the plague since I gained weight.

My ideal weight is around 150 lbs. I was about that here (I'm in the gray). This was about 3 years ago, but I've more or less been able to maintain that weight or very close to that up until about a year ago.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Theennnn at my friend's party the other week her mom managed to snap some photos. This is me now, 45 lbs later :( I can't help but compare myself to my friend next to me, and just feel so depressed that I let it get this bad. I just look so short and stumpy and round :/ I have no problem with curves, I have large breasts and hips and shoulders, so I will never be a stick, but this is not what I want to look like.

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
I envy all of you who like your legs!  At 5ft 2" mine are nothing to write home about.  My boobs on the other hand... lol

Oh, girl! I'm SO with you, but you've got 2" on me. Those 2" really do make a difference! Lol I'm almost taller lying down :silly:

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Theennnn at my friend's party the other week her mom managed to snap some photos. This is me now, 45 lbs later :( I can't help but compare myself to my friend next to me, and just feel so depressed that I let it get this bad. I just look so short and stumpy and round :/ I have no problem with curves, I have large breasts and hips and shoulders, so I will never be a stick, but this is not what I want to look like.

Most of us are here for the same reason, so don't feel like you're alone! I went home back in October to visit family. My sister snapped some photos of me and some family members and sent them to me in the mail so I could frame them and cherish them. I did NOT want to frame these photos when they got to me. I look awful and I felt really ashamed of myself. I ended up framing them and putting them up and my uses for them are two-fold. I use them to cherish my memories with my family and I use them to tell myself that the next time I see them, I'll get photos of us together that I'm proud of.

My husband is military so he is very physically fit. We don't take photos together. Ever. Got some last summer and again ... I felt so ashamed and disgusting when I saw them. I look like a troll when I stand next to him and it makes me feel ashamed that he treats me like I'm so beautiful and I know people who are looking in from the outside don't see that. I don't care for the opinions of strangers, but I want to be able to stand tall next to my husband and I want people to envy me, not say in their heads, "How did she convince him to marry her?"

Long rant to say, I think most of us know where you're coming from, Love. That's why you are here! It's time to leave that negative behind you and focus on all the positive still ahead. You're not happy, that's a problem. So now you are doing something about it and that's what counts. So many people just complain endlessly, but then they won't make the effort to change what they're not happy with. Keep going and you'll get right where you want to be. I believe in you!

"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
Aw, everyone's so tiny! ^.^ It's so funny that I'm one of the youngest, yet I'm 5ft 7.. it's all leg though - my legs are ridiculously long.. I should've been a few inches taller, but illness stunted growth a little. I've not grown since I was 12 XD Was hilarious at primary school.. I towered over most of the teachers (was 5ft6 at age 11!).

Had a good day today!! Yay! I've been inspired, which helps. My dietician wasn't thrilled with me, but she's helping me in the right direction (as always) and said some very useful things. ^.^ Also, I found out that two people I know in the hospital also have EDs! :whoa:

One of the cardiac nurses who was assigned to my Gran (she was so wonderful.. Gran teared up when she was transferred today!) has anorexia, and I'm guessing Gran had told her because she put her arm around me and whispered 'take care' when we were leaving. She has two young babies ^.^ which is something amazing to hear for me, because it shows me that my dreams really are achievable even with this. :happy: And the Costa barrista I'm friendly with caught the same bus as me, and we both found out about each others' disorders! XD We have so much in common, it's amazing to feel like there's someone to relate to. :D

So I'm feeling better in the knowledge that I do have hope, and I really do have reason to keep going. I'm considering applying for voluntary work at our local Children's Hospital and possibly at the Hospital itself for a work placement, and I'm finding more reasons to keep my chin up. Tonight, I'm going to try my darn hardest.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 09:13:23 AM by BrightSide »
Fight like a girl..

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
aww thanks Monster  :hug: My un-buttonable size 14 pants disagree unfortunately! I think all the pictures of me are rather old, as I have been avoiding them like the plague since I gained weight.

My ideal weight is around 150 lbs. I was about that here (I'm in the gray). This was about 3 years ago, but I've more or less been able to maintain that weight or very close to that up until about a year ago.

Sweetheart, I have been in the same boat as you. Try as hard as you can to not compare yourself to your friends, even though I know that is so hard! I am so guilty of doing it constantly and it is such a poisonous way to think. Know you are gorgeous no matter what and you are taking the right steps in the right direction to get where you need to be! :hug: We are all here to back you up and encourage you! :heart: If you ever want someone to chat with I'm always here ;D

"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Haha I will have to keep this in mind! It will definitely help me keep determined during my work outs! :heart:

And that's awesome, BrightSide! I know how awesome it can be to find others who you can relate to :) Maybe you can form a small support group of your own with the new people you've met and you can all help each other along and keep each other motivated! :heart:
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Candy_Bang

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Have a happy, colourful day! <3
    • View Profile
    • Looking for WaePonies on Facebook?
BrightSide: It's awrsome to hear things are getting better for you. Good luck  :tackleglomp:
I'm in search of my childhood Princess Serena/ Aquamarine with blue and gold tinsel. Have you seen her? <3

WIP Wish List here: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,298148.msg227145.html#msg227145

WaePonies! Please like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WaePonies

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
Sorry I haven't been posting, I don't even want to get into the craziness I've been dealing with. I'll try my best to participate on the weekend though. :)

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
Good luck Brighty darlin!  And I stand at 5'6"  xD 

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Thanks you two :hug: I try not to let it get me down since that won't get me anywhere. I've been really good about not putting myself down lately. If I slip up so be it, I won't berate myself for it any more.  I KNOW I can do it, after all I was that weight for years without having to struggle too much to maintain it, it's just a lonnng road back there after such a huge weight gain. I get impatient and think I want to look good again right now!! It's frustrating as well because at this point none of my clothes fit, and most of the things I can manage to still squeeze into aren't very flattering. (muffin top!).

It doesn't help that my friends are all those magical people who can down fast food and giant sodas ever day and somehow weigh 120 lbs XD

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile

It doesn't help that my friends are all those magical people who can down fast food and giant sodas ever day and somehow weigh 120 lbs XD

I hear you! My sister in law has 2(!) children and *might* weight 110 pounds, but only because she's tall.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Posted by MonstarNomNom:
And major congrats on your weightless Kiwi!! You're doing great!

Thank you!  :hug:

Posted by renee_chan:
I weighed in today and apparently I've gained back 2 pounds 0_o! WTH? I'm exercising, eating healthy... what gives? It's very frustrating. Yesterday was a 2 point day! And let's see if I can come up with three things: 1) I look waaay younger than I am. 2) I am compassionate. 3) I really don't care what other people think or say about me. A friend of mine was overheard telling another friend that I was just so nerdy. I felt all warm and fuzzy from the compliment, lol!

There is nothing worse than doing everything right and not seeing results. I found back when I first started this diet (I started about 5 weeks prior to this thread) my weightloss was really slow.  I cut out just a couple more items and it seems to have made a huge difference.  Either that or you could be retaining fluid. 

Posted by LeighAnnApanites:
Oh, girl! I'm SO with you, but you've got 2" on me. Those 2" really do make a difference! Lol I'm almost taller lying down

If anyone understands the importance of 2" it's us shorties!  2" heels can make all the difference.  At least we can class ourself in the 'cute' catagory :)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
LOL shorties. My husband tells people his wife is "fun-sized".  :lol:

3 Things:
  • I'm fun!
  • I have pretty olive-colored skin.
  • I have an exciting sense of humor (according to my husband).

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
2 point day! Did a walk ate well..i have to take it easy after my heart thingy...but new motivation....they are doing the play little shop horrors at our community theater and i want Audry...i do not have too but i want to slim down to be closer to being type casted into the role...i can sing and talk like her from the movie sooo bump up the workout:)

Highs for today i can do voices...audry ralf wigum from simpsons and gir from invader zim...
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Yay! Another 2 pointer day for me! Walked/jogged around the park in 102 degree weather! So proud of myself! Lol Which now brings me to 24 if I have been counting right! :P 3 more good things if I can find more x3

- I have an amazing other half who loves me and encourages me every day. Yes I consider this a huge positive about myself. :heart:
- I am a very well rounded, open minded person.
- I have very white, bright teeth. Lol
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
And my positive things for today are:

• I'm not afraid to try new things
  • My hair is long and pretty healthy
  • I am good at writing and have received some recognition for my creative writing in the past.

Yay~ And that wraps up this weeks challenge! It was a little harder at some points than I expected, but I really enjoyed it.  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal