collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89252 times)

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
SurfStar: wow, thank you lovely :hug: You're too kind.. Yesterday was awfully difficult, but it was something different and that is something. It's not the heat here.. it's ever so windy! We've had constant rain also.

Unfortunately, my tummy's not been very well today. :c I found in the hospital I ended up being sick for a while, it's possibly related to what's in the Ensures I think, as it happened when I started taking them / they were increased. No purging.. my body's done that for me. :/ wow. Not fun..

Today I've had 2 Ensures, cereal and a brief walk (when the weather ceased). I am very frustrated because my ex bailed on me when we were supposed to go to the gym (and another friend bailed on me also..), and I've not been able to exercise as much as I like, but I'm very much considering putting the Wii Fit on later. I've discovered some games we lost, so perfect opportunity to try them!
Fight like a girl..

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
mono makes you tired inflates your spleen and drains you of enrgy for up to months at atime :( i was stuped in high shool and drank after my friends at lunch

:hug: I'm sorry, that sucks. Is there anything they can do to make it go away permanently?

I don't think you were stupid, just young. A lot of people do that, I know that I did when I was in high school. I didn't even think about it. So it was just an unlucky thing :hug:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
:hug: thanks so much for replying. ^_^

Of course! :hug:

Thanks for your reply, Surfstar. This thread really helps my motivation because I want to be able to get my 2 points every dan (even though sometimes I fall short).  Today I stuck to my eating plan.  I also did all of the housework, shifted the horses's into another paddock (lots of work shifting electric tape back and forth), and then shifted the sheep.  So that puts me back on track with 2 points for the day :)

Oosh. Yeah, moving livestock can be such a chore! Sounds like you had an awesomely productive day.

:hug: You guys help me stay motivated too. I'm a believer in leading by example, so even when I don't always feel like doing something, I try a little bit harder :)

Awwww, it's no problem! I wanted to contribute somehow :3 I figured we needed a pony to associate with all of our hard work and dedication to healthy habits! :)

And yesterday wasn't great for me so I'm only giving myself a point. I did my leg exercises but I don't think that's enough for a point x3 Today I probably won't get any because my boyfriend and I have to go to a family thing x3  I've been on two different scales. My new one says I'm 148 and my boyfriend's says I'm still 155, so I don't know what to think I am right now x-x I wanna believe I'm 148 but at the same time that seems far fetched D; Dumb scales :/

Scales are only as effective as they have been calibrated! I find that unless it's been calibrated recently I don't trust what they say. I'd say you're probably closer to the 148 myself, just because that one has been calibrated more recently.

:hug: Hopefully you have fun at your family thing :)

I picked up my tape measure at Wal-mart for about $1 I think. It's been amazing to have around.

Yesterday was a 2 point day! I feel like I'm doing really well. I've started taking my measurements as of this morning. Monstar, I think scales can be pretty unreliable, so maybe try taking you measurements every few weeks. The tape measure does not lie. My tummy is looking a little bit more toned. I don't know if it's all in my head or what, but I swear I see and feel a difference.

Sometimes I think measurements are better than weight. Since muscle can weight more the scales might not budge but you would see a difference in those inches. I think this is why I only try and weigh myself once a week just so I don't get obsessed with that number.

I was going to write that I've found a few things hard but actually overall I'm doing OK.

The hardest thing for me at the moment is the EFT twice a day, although yesterday I didn't do my 30mins exercising either. I probably did enough standing up between working and some chores at home, but I'd like to do more.

The EFT, I can't really be bothered. I used to do it every time I was on the loo cos you know, there isn't a right lot else you can be doing. :blush: I want to get back into that and it actually worked quite well. I have an app on my phone which lists the process so until I have it totally remembered again, I can refer to that.

I did end up trying my chicken thing as well. I decided that I really wanted it so used half a bag of the flavouring and it was tasty. Plus I had to use up the chicken breasts that I'd gotten out of the freezer so it worked well.

Post Merge: June 23, 2012, 07:30:37 AM

Thinking about it, I'm doing really well on the not comfort eating and I've also stopped snacking as much. Partly that's down to all day meetings, but I don't have bags of sweets to reach for these days and if I do, it's just after a meal.

I haven't once gone out and bought myself (or made) a treat because the cravings haven't been there. :)

:hug: That is awesome! I'm glad to see that some things are coming along well. I think that you're doing the right thing in gradually getting to where you want to be!

:cheer: I'm glad that you feel you're doing OK overall, that's the best picture to go by.

Checking in for the week, I am at 9 points so far. I had 2 1-point days and one zero point day when I was a slug. Other than that day I have been doing surprisingly well at not snacking and eating junk, and drinking more water. I need to plan my non-run dance days better, so I have a scheduled time for it. Running is going great and I feel better than I did before going on this plan. Haven't weighed myself yet, but I may wait 'til next week because I know whenever I start a routine I tend to gain muscle weight first and it's disheartening.

Does trying a new veggie count as trying something new? I didn't like it, but I tried it? Edit: I tried Tai Chi today and loved it! I think I will buy the DVD.

Thanks again, Surfstar. You are so amazing!!

I think trying a new veggie definitely counts! No, you definitely don't have to like it, just say that you tried it! :hug: Glad to see that you're doing so well!

It's been a couple of days. I've been moving about outside since the weather has been nice. I've been on track so far. Yesterday was a 4 point day for me! (I think I got the points right) I ended up finishing the challenge with... tea. Lots, and lots of tea XD Trying to cut out soda, i've been looking for something that is new and healthy to drink. My good friend loves tea and has a collection of the stuff. Out of seven different teas we have found.... that I like none of it XD But, I tried.

Mmmm. Tea. It's one of my very favorite things! I'm glad that you at least tried it though. I find that I prefer light, fruit flavored teas (white or green). Also have to be careful to not oversteep or it gets bitter quickly. At least you're working on finding an alternative.

An awesome thing a friend introduced me to is taking a diet ginger ale and flavoring it some with fruit juices (we mainly use apple) and it makes for a nifty fruit flavored spritzer. Lower in calories for certain, just be sure to read the labels on everything!

@SurfStar

I totally didn't smack myself with them.... >.>  twice....  <.<  and when I smacked my elbow/funny bone...I kinda dropped it on my toe.  xD  It was so bad....Sensei just stopped and started laughing at me.  Kinda like when I was working with my best friend Ellie, with bo against bo (staff) and she bonked me in the head, it ricocheted off my head and hit hers too!  xDD 

I am trying to make sure I get more water in my system today....I slept super late but I am dancing around and cleaning house with Jason, so we are having fun.

As long as you are having fun! That's definitely what counts.

You know what they say, practice makes perfect. Though maybe in the interests of not bruising yourself all over you could switch to a different weapon?

Oh man! I wish I would have seen this earlier...Would it be alright if I joined as well? It's late in the game, but having some motivation and support in exercising sounds great.

I used to have two jobs and go to college, but after I got my BA, I went to tech college, lost one job, and now only work one day a week. My classes are 4 hours long without a break, just sitting the entire time. I feel so lethargic lately and just can't find anyone to exercise with...I park way out in the parking lots wherever I go to try and increase the walking time, but that's really just not cutting it. :( Because I'm in the south and live with my grandmother, we aren't eating the healthiest, either. Lots of bacon (and I mean LOTS), fried everything, copious amounts of sweet tea (gotta love the south), coffee, and koolaid. Today, I'll try to jump on my sister's trampoline for 15 minutes and walk around the neighborhood a few times. You guys are inspiring!  :P

You are most certainly welcome to come here, post for some support and get new ideas =) I don't mind having you on board. Though since you missed the official sign-ups, you wouldn't be eligible for the prize box at the end.

We definitely won't turn anyone away that just wants to be a part of the supportive community. :hug:

I know exactly what you mean about the south! We were stationed in Savannah and my husband STILL drinks copious amounts of sweet tea. Just do what you can =)

SurfStar: wow, thank you lovely :hug: You're too kind.. Yesterday was awfully difficult, but it was something different and that is something. It's not the heat here.. it's ever so windy! We've had constant rain also.

Unfortunately, my tummy's not been very well today. :c I found in the hospital I ended up being sick for a while, it's possibly related to what's in the Ensures I think, as it happened when I started taking them / they were increased. No purging.. my body's done that for me. :/ wow. Not fun..

Today I've had 2 Ensures, cereal and a brief walk (when the weather ceased). I am very frustrated because my ex bailed on me when we were supposed to go to the gym (and another friend bailed on me also..), and I've not been able to exercise as much as I like, but I'm very much considering putting the Wii Fit on later. I've discovered some games we lost, so perfect opportunity to try them!

:hug: I'll trade you? You can have some of my heat and I'll take some of your wind and rain?

Mmm. I'd maybe talk to your dietician about that, if they are going to be making you sick that defeats the purpose of them to begin with. :hug:

I think trying the Wii Fit sounds like a great idea! I hate it when friends flake out (especially at the last minute)

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
not that i know of but this is only the second time its hit me this hard first time was in high school i can live with it i just have to watch who i share drinks with it i gave it to my ex my current bf knows he will get it some time its a virus the only time it can effect anything is if it hits you full forche you might have to stay home form work or school for months

Post Merge: June 23, 2012, 01:00:13 PM

and id take some rain no wind tho

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
Totally go with the 148, it's more about what you think about it than the actual number, at least when it comes to motivation! Or just split the difference if it's really hard to believe that the best case scenario might be true. I was on the wii fit the other day and it showed my weight at something like 158, which is SO far off . . . took me a while to figure out, duh, I had the balance board set up on the carpet. I'd be so so happy to see 155  :straw:

And I think you deserve your point for your leg exercises. Hey, you did them didn't you?

Awwww, it's no problem! I wanted to contribute somehow :3 I figured we needed a pony to associate with all of our hard work and dedication to healthy habits! :)

And yesterday wasn't great for me so I'm only giving myself a point. I did my leg exercises but I don't think that's enough for a point x3 Today I probably won't get any because my boyfriend and I have to go to a family thing x3  I've been on two different scales. My new one says I'm 148 and my boyfriend's says I'm still 155, so I don't know what to think I am right now x-x I wanna believe I'm 148 but at the same time that seems far fetched D; Dumb scales :/

rayechu

• Trade Count: (0)
gah it's been a few days. I think I left off on the 18th?

June 19- healthy eating + walking + cycling for 35 minutes
June 20- healthy eating + 30 minutes cycling
June 21- Healthy eating + walking + cycling for 40 minutes
June 22- 1 pt I had soda so no food point but I did walk 25 mins to work and 25 mins back.

This week is a little "off" because I forgot to do this in the morning
Starting Stats
Weight: 224.8 - 222.6 =-2.6lbs
Bust: 45-44.5 =-.5
Waist: 42-45?= +3 (error?)
Hips: 49-48=-1
Thighs: 29-29.5 =+.5 (muscle or error?)
Arm: 14-13= -1

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
gah it's been a few days. I think I left off on the 18th?

June 19- healthy eating + walking + cycling for 35 minutes
June 20- healthy eating + 30 minutes cycling
June 21- Healthy eating + walking + cycling for 40 minutes
June 22- 1 pt I had soda so no food point but I did walk 25 mins to work and 25 mins back.

This week is a little "off" because I forgot to do this in the morning
Starting Stats
Weight: 224.8 - 222.6 =-2.6lbs
Bust: 45-44.5 =-.5
Waist: 42-45?= +3 (error?)
Hips: 49-48=-1
Thighs: 29-29.5 =+.5 (muscle or error?)
Arm: 14-13= -1

Wow! You're killin' it!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

rayechu

• Trade Count: (0)
Thanks, but I'm feeling so sleepy and not motivated today.

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Thanks, but I'm feeling so sleepy and not motivated today.

Me too. I am having a distinct case of the 'lazies' :)

:hugs: You're doing great!

Post Merge: June 23, 2012, 02:38:15 PM

not that i know of but this is only the second time its hit me this hard first time was in high school i can live with it i just have to watch who i share drinks with it i gave it to my ex my current bf knows he will get it some time its a virus the only time it can effect anything is if it hits you full forche you might have to stay home form work or school for months

Post Merge: June 23, 2012, 01:00:13 PM

and id take some rain no wind tho

:hug: Gosh. Well I hope it gets better soon.

Post Merge: June 23, 2012, 02:39:26 PM

Totally go with the 148, it's more about what you think about it than the actual number, at least when it comes to motivation! Or just split the difference if it's really hard to believe that the best case scenario might be true. I was on the wii fit the other day and it showed my weight at something like 158, which is SO far off . . . took me a while to figure out, duh, I had the balance board set up on the carpet. I'd be so so happy to see 155  :straw:

:hug: You'll get there! I know what you mean, my balance board can be SO touchy. I have to have it 'just' right or it stops responding. Especially during certain exercises. Great idea, but at times more frustrating than helpful!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 02:39:26 PM by SurfStar »

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
lol I would love to change, Surf, but it's one I have to have for testing next  time...true it's two years away, but it's something i have to learn.  Maybe it'll get easier once I get further along...it just feels so strange, LOL!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
well weighted in today, lost 2 pounds! but some of that is water weight I'm sure. I'm negative on food at the moment but for a very good reason, tonight is a 4 hour skate session! I'm over eating about 200 calories so I have energy tonight to skate for that long.  I've kept my calorie count within parameters today up til dinner. Not sure how to give points for this today... I'll tally points after skating tonight :D
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Ooooi would love skating...2 points for me low cal and had to clean more carpets whew. I did adujust....i bought an extra snack but it was more my lunch...this on was not like my normal candy binge...it was sushi yum...so my adjustment is only letting me get my extras if it is a meal..so candy bad but something to call lunch is ok...working this goal for 3 weeks then working to make it happen only once a month at most:) sometimes you have to change things to get it to fit right...slowly you can make:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
Ooooi would love skating...2 points for me low cal and had to clean more carpets whew. I did adujust....i bought an extra snack but it was more my lunch...this on was not like my normal candy binge...it was sushi yum...so my adjustment is only letting me get my extras if it is a meal..so candy bad but something to call lunch is ok...working this goal for 3 weeks then working to make it happen only once a month at most:) sometimes you have to change things to get it to fit right...slowly you can make:)
   rinktime.com to find a rink near you! I've been skating since preschool :D I love to do it, I miss roller derby because I was skating 3x a week at 2 hrs a workout but those were workouts! drills and sit ups... suicide runs 0.o it was so hard and fun! It really does help to have a group support you in working out. I'm just trying to get out to rinks in general I miss it so, and I try to skate the entire session and get my money's worth ;)
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
A quick update because I keep forgetting to say anythign! I'm sticking within my points range on WW for my food, and I've lost three pounds already! <3 I know you always lose a lot to start, but still I'm excited. I'm also sticking with my workout dancing schedule. I managed to accomplish the challenge this week and try something new to eat (I won't tell you guys what it is, because everyone would laugh). It was interesting though. I feel accomplished. :frolic: :frolic:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Aw c'mon, inquiring mind wanna know!  XD  It's hard for me to try new things...I've tried so many!  D:  I think I fail this week's challenge.  :c  It's a fun one, too.  Are we allowed to do the challenges late?

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Before I went veg, I ate sushi a lot and my mom and I got octopus sometimes. It's good, but chewy! And you have to get past the feeling of the suckers on your tongue. XD

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal