collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89391 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
sorry about my short post yesterday...I was so busy but I use the posts for a second record in case I loose the first one:)

Still trying the new tea...yesterday and today I have noticed my stomach being a little grumbly...but I have noticed my bloating went down...it happens a lot to me. Even with my stomach talking I feel lighter...I have not had time to check the scale but feeling lighter has made me feel more confident.

My positive for the day was noticing a pair of pants felt better to wear. They were not supper tight...they just felt awkward. Now they feel just fine:) A little tight but good. My mood has helped with pointing out a positive. I am trying to expand and every time I am near a mirror I think of my positive or say it out loud.

Something that I did with the last round. I wore ankle weights to work. I have to wear pants so they were hidden. It really toned up...and I started with very light weights and worked my way up. This might be a good boost to a walk:) I did try arm ones at work but they are harder to hide:P But they are great to add in a walk...or a water bottle:)

Above all go with what you can do. When I started the first round it was hard...I beat myself up a lot and felt like it was hopeless and not worth it...but psyknife really was there for us and so is SurfStar...and then you will all find out we are hear for you. The best thing I took from the first round was being a bit more active...I still need help but thats why I am in round two:) Many of use myself included changed our plans as we went a long...but as long as you keep trying and work at even a little thing you will be happier and other things you want to change will become easier:)

Sorry so long...I just wanted eveyone to know that are have our support:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Hang in there, TexasGal--you'll get there!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Yesterday was a 2-pointer.  I used my elliptical for the high end of my goal time & my caloric intake was great (despite being summoned for Jury Duty :razz: & wanting to binge out of feelings of bitterness. I didn't though! I figured I'm overdue). Today my husb asked me out on a date for this weekend (aww) & I accepted on the condition that if we go out to eat, it'll be somewhere healthy. So here's to hoping he doesn't sabbotage me! Lolll :lol:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
So I'm checking in and I'm a little disappointed in myself this week. Not awfully, I haven't been terrible this week, but I haven't been where I want to be, either. The 16th and the 19th I got 2 points, every other day I got just one. I seem to be able to either eat well or get some exercise in, but both is challenging. I have completely failed at planning meals ahead of time, and that is a big, big obstacle that I must over come. Yesterday, my family went to the beach and I got LOTS of exercise, but had fast food. Although, to give myself credit, I did take one meal and have it for lunch and dinner, but it's still not good. I have been very conscious of what I'm eating and doing, and I have drunk more water (some is more than none! lol) this week, so I'm trying not to be too hard on myself, but I know I can do better than this, and will have to if I'm going to meet my goals.

I'm actually pretty bummed right now, but I know that will change too. in the meantime . . . sigh

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
Today..

I've had two supplements so far, which gives me 1 point. I'll be having another at 9. And.. I managed a small chocolate bar. Wow. 3 point day.

I hate chocolate. My best friend gave it to me.. I'd have felt awful to refuse because she has food issues too and I couldn't trigger her, so I had to. And I felt really bad and started panicking :sad: So I had to exercise immediately.. Long and hard cardio workout. It was either that or purging. :c But I feel better now.

I'm going to say this was my attempt at the challenge, because the weather is so awful here I'm not able to go skipping! I tried my new rope out though and it's fantastic. :D

Challenge notes: I felt horrible and guilty and couldn't breathe well. But now I know not to have it, which is a positive out of this. And I pushed myself.. and chose a healthier option, because exercise is the lesser of two evils as purging is not so lovely. Although it was extremely difficult I managed to give it a go, and that was the point of this challenge to me. The experience was daunting and I wouldn't do it again. :')

« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 12:45:21 PM by BrightSide »
Fight like a girl..

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Hey!  Glad to hear from you.  :hug:  That's awesome that you managed the supplements...that's a good start!

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline tornadoe

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
I've lost over a stone in six weeks.

Let your heart guide you. It whispers so listen cloesly..

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
Brightside, if it didn't sound patronizing, I'd say I was really, really proud of you. Instead I'll say I'm super duper impressed. You're obviously giving this challenge your all, and doing a great job. Changing is really difficult, and it always takes time. But baby steps and not giving up will get the job done! You are very courageous.

tornadoe - way to go! I'm rather jealous! lol

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
Ok, so I went with my mom to her dietitian...it went better than I thought it would.  I am at 170 lbs, but I am really lacking on drinking water...like, she was alarmed when she saw how dehydrated I was.  I'm not super far off in bmi or body fat, just a little above what I should be.  I can get back to that without a ton of trouble, and I was thinking that I would do something a little different.  I want to do Special K and their bars for a meal and snacks (if I can afford it) and Muscle Milk with Kefir for another meal to help build my muscles again, and a healthy meal for dinner....I am trying to get to eating less calories but better food for me when I can.   I know I can do this, I just have a lot against me...uphill climb! 

Also...I still hate tonfas.  xD   

ZettaMomo

• Trade Count: (0)
Today while I was out walking there was a piece of glass that ended up going through my sandal and jabbing me in the foot. I check it a few times and it looks like there is no glass in there, but my parents and grandmother are kinda worried and don't want me to be on my feet much.
I'll have to do light exercises or stop for a day or two so it can heal properly.

Otherwise both yesterday and today were two pointers. I've been getting lots of exercise and keeping myself under my calorie goals.

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
OK, so 2 points for Thursday (followed my nutirion plan, and exercized).  But no points for Friday.  Blew my nurtition plan completly, admitedly I planned to do so, by going to see BRAVE at the theater (mmm, popcorn LOADED with fake butter, rasinettes, butterfinger bites, nerds, double sized frozen coke I was so so very very bad!!!!).  The calories pucshed me just over my daily intake allowence, though the rest of the day I ate correctly.  Also, no exercize today. 

I totally planend to blow my diet at the movies today.  Partly b/c I never go to the movies anymore, partly b/c I really do love a frozen coke and fake-butter popcorn.  What's ironic though is I ate about a small serviong of my medium popcorn (b/c the 8 yr old at most of it), I really didn't eat  LOT (by my old standards) of the candy.  I had 2 servings of butterfinger bites, 1 serving of raisenettes, and 2 servings of nerds.  Servings, NOT boxes.  Yes it's a lot, but it also isn't.  And I got a tummyache!!!!! lol still do actually much later.  Came home and craved fruit and a healthy sandwich and water so badly.  This shows me how far I have come though for so many reasons.  Firstly, I STOPPED eating when I was full.  Secondly, my tummy hurt after eating all this junk.  AND I was craving healthy foods after too!!!!  This is such progress for me!  It may not sound like  alot of progress but it really is.

Total eaten today: 2 granola bars, 1 8oz Apple juice, 3 bottels of water, 1 bologna sandwich, somewhere between 5 and 6 servings of strawberries and cantelope, 1 jumbo frozen coke (32 oz), 2 servings butterfinger bites, 1 serving of raisinettes, 2 servings of nerds, and 21 oz of 1% milk (with sandwich).  What a day!!!!! lol

BTW Brave was really a good movie!
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Ponytails, congrats!  : D  And at first I thought your post said you were going to DIE at the movies.  :lmao:

2 points for me today!  Ate well and did yard work.  And I will probably do some cleaning, too.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
2 points today:) shampoo carpets practiced piano and kept my cals low:) a stretch before bed and a pat on the back...be proud you have tried another day:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
1-point day for Yuru. I was going to get my 2 points, but I decidedly lost one when I ate too much too fast at dinner and made myself sick.  >_<

S'okay, though. Brush it off and go for 2 points again tomorrow. Hopefully this stomach ache doesn't keep me up late. Lol!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Oh dear... two steps forward, one step back  :(  I've been (had been) doing really well with my workouts, and not doing too badly with the food temptations, but I've become quite sick with a really bad cold  :cry:  So I haven't exercised for two days and I don't think today will be any different. Just totally not up to it, and the generally feeling miserable led to a bad attitude whereby I splurged on some comfort food yesterday  :lookround:

However, a lack of appetite today has meant I've eaten basically nothing other than fruit and a couple of bits of toast, so guess I can award myself a point there!  XD  I'll get back on track. I really was quite motivated until this cold took hold! I think I'd rather rest my body to get better than make myself worse by adding to my current exhaustion. Being sick sucks!

Congrats to all of you - it's impressive to hear other people's progress and determination. Thoughts go out to you, Brightside - you're doing really well  :hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal