collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89254 times)

rayechu

• Trade Count: (0)
2 point day today
Breakfast: apple & peanut butter
Lunch: Soup, strawberries
snack: peach
dinner: my yummy couscous dinner again, watermelon, strawberries

Exercise: 35 minutes on the cycle. I feel like I could do more but my knee feels a little funny fro sitting weird at work all day. I figure I'm still good as I also walked the 25 minute walk to work.

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
got my two points for today... if I don't eat anything else tonight.. I'm still within calorie range if I have a low carb snack. Ughh.. anyone else have endless hunger when they are on their cycle?

Why hello there. Yes, yes I do. I can eat, know I'm not hungry..... but still totally want to munch on something. I've taken to chewing gum just so I can get past the feeling. It's so annoying. Always "comfort" foods too... which for me are desserts! One of these days I'm going to try and retrain myself to think of veggies as comfort food.

Post Merge: June 19, 2012, 08:34:23 PM

2 point day today
Breakfast: apple & peanut butter
Lunch: Soup, strawberries
snack: peach
dinner: my yummy couscous dinner again, watermelon, strawberries

Exercise: 35 minutes on the cycle. I feel like I could do more but my knee feels a little funny fro sitting weird at work all day. I figure I'm still good as I also walked the 25 minute walk to work.

:heart: You ate all of my favorite fruits today! :)

>.> One of my favorite snacks is an apple with peanut butter. Right now it's a tad inconvenient since I have to cut them up super small (braces).

Post Merge: June 19, 2012, 08:35:20 PM

2 point each for today and yesterday!  I'm not doing as much exercise as I'd like BUT I'm still DOING it . . . walking mostly but yesterday I spent 20 mins of my teaching session on the trampoline with the 3 year old I've been working with.  That totally counts, what a cardio workout that was!

I can only imagine! It sounds like you had fun and it's awesome that you're doing things! :) You'll get to where you want to be.

Life is about the journey, not the destination!

Post Merge: June 19, 2012, 08:35:59 PM

:hugs: You guys are all doing so awesome! Great job and DO keep up the amazing work!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 08:35:59 PM by SurfStar »

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
The speed slides!  yes I LOVE those.  None at this park, unfortunately.  I wanna go check out the Schlitterbahn though...it's a REALLY cool waterpark.  And yes it's a short trip for me, too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

rayechu

• Trade Count: (0)
Unfortunately I've been watching documentaries while exercising and this french one basically said they found 300 different toxic chemicals in the umbilical blood of newborn babies. I guess I'm going to be eating more organic from now on too.

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
Ok, had salad for lunch today, a couple tortillas with some turkey and string cheese, worked out at karate pretty hard, came home and did some ab workouts, and packed up a healthy lunch for tomorrow.  My new thing this week is the tonfas, a weapon in karate that looks beautiful and easy, but it is a nightmare to use.  >.<  Poor Sensei had to stand there and go over it all little by little with me. 

My problem, I know, is not eating the wrong things, or even too much of anything, but the steroids I was on to combat my multiple sinus infections.  I put on 5lbs with each shot and pack I got, and I had 4-5 over the last 6 months.  >.<  I'm feeling kinda low today about myself, because when I look in the mirror, I feel so...round.  >.<  I know I'm not huge, but it's driving me nuts cause I looked so good last summer and now I look awful (I think).  I'm sorry for the small rant...I've just had a bad day for feeling like I was doing ok.

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
Unfortunately I've been watching documentaries while exercising and this french one basically said they found 300 different toxic chemicals in the umbilical blood of newborn babies. I guess I'm going to be eating more organic from now on too.

:shocked: thats a lot of toxins! Though I am not surprised, I am however curious of what the name of the documentary is?
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
Only a one point day for me today. I caught my ankle in a pothole yesterday while walking in the evening, so I had to stay off of it today or else risk making it worse >__> Tried to do some sit-ups to fill in, but it just wasn't working. Managed to keep to my new diet though, which was a lot harder today since I was housebound, lol. Hopefully tomorrow I can get back out and moving. And I think for the challenge this week I'm going to have my friend cook dinner for me. Her food choices are always way towards the healthy end, and typically things that make me go bleh, so I'll see what kind of new things she could make for me to try, lol

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Quote by Surfstar:
Quote from: kiwimlp on Yesterday at 11:17:08 AM

I didn't have such a great day today.  I went for a town walk for about 40 minutes but then I got back to work and at about 4pm I got the chocolate munchies.  I had a handfull of M&Ms as well as 4 chocolate thins.  Darn

Oh well, one point for exercise.  I will pick things back up again tomorrow.

:hugs: Back in the saddle tomorrow! Perfect attitude about it =)

Thanks Surfstar.  I did much better today.  To make up for yesterday a bit I did a really steep walk at lunchtime that got me huffing and puffing lots, lol.  I also ate well and I tried something new as per the weekly challenge.  I bought some strawberry fruit wraps that are low fat and surprisingly yummy.  I plan to keep them on hand to eat in places where fruit is just too messy (apple cores and banana skins are a pita).  So today was a three pointer for me :D

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Hmmm I got 3/4 points the last few days. I didn't stick with my eating since we went out today I kinda fell off a bit. We're keeping up with exercise though! Now I just need to decide what to do to accomplish this weeks challenge.  >_<
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Oh man. My husband just arrived home with a bag of pineapple lumps for me. :(  Sometimes I don't know if he's just thoughtless or if he's trying to sabotage my efforts. Anyway, I shoved the bag to the back of the cupboard.  *sigh*

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
I cannot give myself points today or yesterday. This is getting off to an embarrassing start!
Definitely fixing things tomorrow.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Well, I didn't have a great day on Monday. My mother decided to make no-bake cookies for my husband, and I really have no willpower with sweets! So I went over my calorie limit by 260 calories  :cry: So no point there. I was also so sore from the previous days that I wanted to let my muscles heal for a day, so I get 0 points for exercising on Monday also. So Monday = 0 points.

On Tuesday that dang pretzel my husband talked me into eating bounced my calories WAY over what I was supposed to have. Do you realize that one of those soft pretzels have 483 calories in it?!!! I guess I should have looked before I ate it. Gracious!!! Anyway Tuesday is a 0 points on my calorie intake.

I got 45 minutes of exercise in though - WOOHOO!!! 30 minutes of back streangthening Yoga (which I love though I feel like an awkward hippo) and 15 minutes of Zumba - which meets the Weekly Challenge!... I still felt like an awkward hippo, but that is some good exercises!

@Bright - I am so sorry you are struggling. I can't imagine having the problems you do... You sound strong though and with our support I am certain you can do this!

@Surfstar - I love my name also!!! I adore Star Trek and the Tribbles are my alltime favorite alien/animal - I have little ones here and there throughout the house... One day I am going to have one of the real ones that they sell throug thinkgeek.com .

@stopxmotion - You'll get into the swing of it! I am sure tomorrow will be better.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Yesterday was a 3 point day! I ate well, did 45 minutes of pilates, the 20 minutes of goofing off on the trampoline. My whole body is sore today, but it's the kind of sore that feel kind of good, if that makes any sense.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Good day so far! I cut down my breakfast, spent half an hour on the Wii Fit, jogged Rogan around the block and I'm gonna have a handful of Gluten-free pasta for lunch :)

I've been feeling a bit stodgy for a few days though, and havn't been waking up with a (relavtively) flat stomach like I usually do. Gonna see if the pharmacy down the road have any gentle laxatives ._.'
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
Aw, awesome teasers, SurfStar!  ^.^ It's so exciting!

I'm rather worried as I've lost even more weight, and tomorrow is weigh in day. But at least I can keep up my happy levels with exercise, thinking of hitting the trampete and hoop again later: our garage is currently used as a 'crap room', so I keep all of my stuff in there so I can work out whatever the weather is like!

I've already earned 1 point today for both my 9 and 12 supplements. Today will be a 2 pointer, as I'll be exercising and having cereal later.

Also, shameless plug:

Please Join the MLP Arena MyFitnessPal Group!
Track your food, exercise and your goals with us! There's also a little board to post tips and things..

Fight like a girl..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal