collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Why are there so few G4 babies?  (Read 3262 times)

keikokukien

• Trade Count: (0)
Why are there so few G4 babies?
« on: May 30, 2012, 08:21:04 PM »
So, when I decided to start collecting the G4 line, I was SUPER excited to see more "baby" or "filly" ponies. The odd thing is that Hasbro seems to have stopped with just the CMCs (Scootaloo, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle) and Star Dreams (Who is super hard to get, sadly... :huh: ). Is anybody else a little disappointed that this year, there still don't seem to be any new baby ponies?

I would have thought maybe at least three new ones a year or something similar...^^; And after all the CMC episodes in the series, they have some really cool designs to pull from. Of course, it's awesome that we are getting Granny Smith and some boy ponies this year (YAY!! :D) I just wish there were more of the adorable G4 babies to collect.

Does anyone else here wish that Hasbro would make a few more baby ponies? If they did, what fillies would you like to see? Personally, I'd love some art/music themed sets in the future, but it would also be cool to have a Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon brushable with some cute accessories. (Or Twist! A pony with glasses! :D )

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
Re: Why are there so few G4 babies?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 08:29:52 PM »
Eh, give it time. Babies always have come later in every line. At least we have some so far! I'm sure that means there will be more, especially given that they've already made a random baby not from the show.

Personally I'd like to see ANY baby who actually has a symbol! I'm not much of a fan of blank-flanks. The symbol is half the fun...
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

antlercat

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 08:30:08 PM »
Would love to have a Diamond Tiara, admittedly. :D
And some of the other more unique baby ponies, such as Twist as you mentioned, or Featherweight would be awesome to see.
Snips and Snails, too.

I won't hold my breath, though.
Baby versions of the mane 6 would be cute, in the same vein as the babies from G1, but then that may pose questions about their fathers, haha.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 08:37:45 PM »
...because G4 has only been around a couple years.... I do want to see more eventually though and I hope they still decide to release those 3 flower girl ones that were at toy fair. I'd love to see some that have cutie marks. The set  with Star Dreams I hope will hit stores or hasbrotoshop soon too.

keikokukien

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 08:38:57 PM »
Baby versions of the mane 6 would be cute, in the same vein as the babies from G1, but then that may pose questions about their fathers, haha.

Haha! XD Well, maybe they could market that set as a "trip to the past" or something. It would be interesting to see. They have...magical fathers. XD ; Ooh Featherweight would be cool!

PinkRosedust: Ah, good point. Hasbro reuses alot of moulds...so hopefully Star Dreams is a good sign of things to come. XD And yes! Totally agree. While I find the story behind "blank-flanks" cute, the symbols kinda made the ponies. Like the G1 babies.

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 08:43:29 PM »
I so want a baby with a symbol!!!  Ok, I want lots of them, haha.  I love the baby ponies!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Pinecone

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 08:44:56 PM »
The trouble with Snips and Snails, cute as they are, is that they have very different body types from the standard copy and paste thing the show does. Of course, they could always make them show-inaccurate I guess, but they don't have many boy pony options as is. Although people seem to like the G1 (?) baby boy ponies enough.

I would like to see more baby ponies!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 08:48:08 PM »
I just wish the non-CMC ponies, like the slumber party one, had symbols / cutie marks!

I think that Hasbro mostly puts out the CMCs because they want to match the show.  But yeah, more baby ponies would be grrrrrrreat!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 09:15:09 PM »
I would love more babies too!

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 09:37:26 PM »
Since G4s are so small already and the filly characters are even smaller just how small would babies like the ones of Mr and Mrs Cake have to be?

Not that I wouldn't want them. I love the Cake family.

Pinecone

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 09:40:01 PM »
Size of the bag ponies? Out of curiosity, what is the size of Spike compared to the child ponies? I know he's smaller than them in the show.

(Good god, a proportional-sized just-hatched Spike toy would probably be the size of a pea!)

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 09:44:32 PM »
I definitely would love many more G4 baby ponies. They're so tiny compared to previous gens and that make's them all the cuter for me.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 09:48:01 PM »
i would venture to say actualy on the cake twins as being roughly about the size of the only version we have of spike..seems like a fair size for them

as for blank flanks...thats the reason i love the cmc's.....however a filly twilly and dashie...ugh fall over from the cuteness but dashies hair would HAVE to be butched back all tom boy like to get the full effect

as soon as i saw cherlee school set i was like umm where the rest of the school and wheres the rest of the fillys?...even in toy inacuracy id like to see some more if nothing else atleast those who have spoken in the show

Bag of Magic Food

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 09:49:11 PM »
Since G4s are so small already and the filly characters are even smaller just how small would babies like the ones of Mr and Mrs Cake have to be?
Perhaps they would be giant "So Soft" talking dolls?   ^.^

Hey, if they made a new shape just for Spike, maybe they'll redesign the next ponies of that size to look more like the babies of Season 2 of the show.

Pinecone

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 09:52:14 PM »
I actually thought the "So Soft" Spike plush looked more ponyish than the ponies!  :happy:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal