collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Why are there so few G4 babies?  (Read 3261 times)

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why are there so few G4 babies?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 05:55:07 PM »
Ooh, I would love to see more.

Sadly I'm losing interest in the G4 line. They're so bland and sameface compared to the older generations. T____T
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2012, 06:19:07 PM »
There aren't any babies! The CMC and the other little ponies are just kids! A baby would be like Pound or Pumpkin Cake. I want more tiny (brushable) ponies in general!! So cute and little!

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 08:10:15 PM »
There aren't any babies! The CMC and the other little ponies are just kids! A baby would be like Pound or Pumpkin Cake. I want more tiny (brushable) ponies in general!! So cute and little!

Well, people generally think of 'kid' ponies as baby ponies because in G1, the little ponies were always called babies (and that's what they were in subsequent generations, too). Even after they came out with Newborns and even Teeny Tinies, they were all still babies. So that's kind of the mindset we have now in reference to the toys...it's just awkward sounding calling them Kid ponies...
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 08:12:32 PM »
Actually, there's three flower fillies for the wedding line. Which is weird, since the CMC were the flower fillies in the show.
And they also have a set where they're flower fillies.
I dunno, but these no-name flower fillies were seen at the Toy Fair and are monochromatic.

that was indeed the CMC as flower fillys....so..take the CMC set toss some flower outfits on em re-box em for the wedding=instant profit without need of new product.;..im totaly going to grab it cause they were ADORABLE ..but to me the CMC is what being a kid is all about..not knowing who you are what your going to be etc etc etc..and thus why i love them being blank flanks

keikokukien

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 09:32:41 PM »
..but to me the CMC is what being a kid is all about..not knowing who you are what your going to be etc etc etc..and thus why i love them being blank flanks

Ah, put that way, it makes you want to smile. :) That's so true. I think you just changed my view on the whole 'blank-flank' vs. cutie marks debate, at least for this generation. I still wish there was more variety...but maybe like many members have said already, Hasbro just needs time.

Wow. There are some awesome ideas here! The stickers and glow in the dark/color change ideas would be cool to collect and I'm sure kids would like the novelty. Omgosh, glow-in-the-dark babies *_* That just sounds so cute!

Well, people generally think of 'kid' ponies as baby ponies because in G1, the little ponies were always called babies (and that's what they were in subsequent generations, too). Even after they came out with Newborns and even Teeny Tinies, they were all still babies. So that's kind of the mindset we have now in reference to the toys...it's just awkward sounding calling them Kid ponies...

Thank you, PinkRosedust! That's a good description. To me, the teeny tiny ponies were the real babies, but I was born a few years after the show came out and it influenced my views on the toy line alot. The show had the "baby" or young adult(?) ponies in a nursery, but also adventuring and things, so I used to think they were like the older baby ponies, but still baby ponies. This gen is kind of hard to pinpoint.

The baby Cakes would be super cute, either way. :3

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2012, 09:56:09 PM »
I think the baby ponies are soooo cute and I would love to see more! I just wish they had symbols, they look a bit bare without them :P The G3 line didn't have a whole lot of babies compared to the amount of adult ponies. And it seems like most of the G3 babies were Target exclusives so they were harder to get ahold of.
My Wish List

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2012, 10:11:16 PM »
Where are my Flower Fillies?   The set I have been looking forward to most is the one they had on preview at the toy fair with the 3 little unicorns.  We have seen signs of other wedding stuff, but not these guys. I hope they do still come out! Granted I do like their little outfits, but I do not need another identical Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle to the ones I already have.

One day they need to make baby (or filly, for the folks being super technical out there :P  I really think baby is just a blanket term for a smaller size pony toy) versions of the main 6 ponies. I would love a mini Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, etc.

I think it would be a fantastic idea if they did Big and little sister ponies. I just want to see more babies!

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2012, 10:54:45 PM »
id be all over filly versions of the mane 6......and really....with the CMC all youd need is 2 sets of them to make the mane 6.......tempting isnt it

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal