collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Childhood Ponies  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Blythe plastic surgeon =^-^=
    • View Profile
Re: Childhood Ponies
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 01:26:17 AM »
My early childhood ones where Flutterbye and Rockin' beat Half Note. When I was ten I bought myself two more, Baby Meadowsweet and Baby Susie & Spot ^^. I still have them thankfully.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Blythe customising blog, commissions open: http://beesdreamland.com/

Xaniss

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 04:05:29 AM »
This is a great thread Brightsong!!

I love reading about childhood ponies. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside ^_^

I so agree with this! :heart:

I started collecting ponies from the beginning - my first pony was flat foot Butterscotch.. and if memory serves I had:

*FF Cotton Candy *2nd release Blossom/Blue Belle *Applejack *Bow Tie *Bubbles *Windy *Moonstone *Sky Dancer *Moondancer *Surprise *Parasol (my sister had her too) *Lickety Split *Posey *Peachy! *Cherries Jubilee *Sparkler *Gusty *Powder *Flutterbye *Baby Surprise *Baby Cotton Candy *Baby Moondancer *Noddins *Magic Star *SS Posey *SS Cupcake *SS Wind Whistler *SS Twist *SS Bouncy *SS Hippity Hop *SS Fifi *BBE Shady *BBE Lickety Splity *BBE Lofty *Floater  *Sugar Apple *Forget-Me-Not *Twins - Milkweed/Tumbleweed *Twins - Dibbles/Nibbles *Merriweather *Princess Dawn *Peppermint Crunch *Bouquet *Store-version Napper & Sky Rocket oh! and Clipper (my only boy pony)

Funny thing is, as a kid I NEVER wanted sea ponies OR big brother ponies... why you may ask? (Probably not, but hey! :P ) Sea ponies couldn't mix it with the land ponies (and I adored the earlier ponies - Windy, Bubbles, Applejack, Moonstone, Cotton Candy - they were my favs) so they were redundant when it came to play and big brothers were out, as I didn't want any boys to stir up and annoy the begibers out of the girls - from this you can probably tell I was the only girl amongst boy relatives, that liked to play rough  :( I only relented at getting Clipper (I think he was sent to me after I made a complaint to Hasbro... :what: ) as he was only little and the bigger girls could keep him in line, if he got too feral.... okay I admit, I cheated as my memory didn't serve and I looked through my photobucket album  :lol:

I still do have most of my ponies - however ALOT of them went missing (not to mention my Pretty Parlor and ALL my pony accessories - stickers/ribbons/Dawn's wand  :cry: plus my She-ra doll/horse collection) when our family lost all our contents in a storage shed, due to an extended period where my father didn't pay it - he'd rather play the share market instead of paying bills.... 10 years on and I still get torn up about it.

So that's pretty much why I'm buying like crazy... to replace the ponies I once had (and then some! :P )

Moonracer

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 04:10:59 AM »
Okay, so my childhood ponies were as follows (all are G1 obviously):
- Peachy
- Daffodil
- Tootie-Tails
- Stardazzle
- Baby Brother Apple Delight
- Splashes
- Little Giggles
- Skydancer

I still have all of them to this day. :) My sister later got one G2 pony for her birthday, which I later decided to "adopt" into my herd, but I can't recall what that pony is called... :P

kaninchen

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 05:54:51 AM »
it's funny that this should come up. since getting back into the hobby, i've altered my style of collecting. i don't want or have room for hundreds of ponies, so i've focused on ponies i concretely remember having as a little girl. granted, as a child i had hundreds.... but only a few i clearly remember. so they must have been special to me! i made a list and have tracked down almost all of them now! still missing a few.

moonstone
twilight*
firefly*
heart throb*
magic hat
magic mirror
angel
crumpet
so soft twilight
party time
yum yum
best wishes
baby frosting
celebrate
dancing butterflies
sugarberry
strawberry surprise
princess sparkle
merry go round sparkler
scoops
baby half note
salty*
the pony bride*
and gypsy! somehow. i think a family friend brought her back from vacation maybe?

*still looking!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:58:03 AM by kaninchen »

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 07:34:36 AM »
Mine were all G2s.  :lovey:
Ivy & the beauty parlour, my first pony :)
Sunsparkle & the Rainbow Forest playset (I remember having to wait HOURS to open this on my seventh (?) birthday) xD
Dainty Dove & her wedding chapel
Sweet berry & magic kitchen playset
Queen Sunsparkle & throne
Morning Glory & castle playset
Princess Morning Glory
Princess Crystal, one of my favourites
Princess Trixiebelle
Princess Twinklestar
Lady Cupcake
Moonshadow
Satin Splash, another favourite :)
I miss these guys so much, but I'm gradually buying them back again. I always took them in the bath as a foolish child, & had sadistic adventures with them on the front lawn.
Spent hours on the pc game too.
 I was always jealous of my best friend's Princess Silver Swirl.  :silly:
I was 10 when the G3s first came out & I reaaallly wanted a bunch, but was considered 'too old for ponies.' Thank goodness now I can go mad with them.  8-D

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 07:39:34 AM by VanillaBean »
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

LuckySwirl

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 07:54:38 AM »
Yay, childhood ponies!

I had:
Cotton Candy * Tootsie * Firefly * Sunlight * Seawinkle * Surprise * Baby Blossom * Sea Star * SS Cherries Jubilee * SS Posey * SS Truly * SS Wind Whistler *SS Twist * SS Scrumptious * Gingerbread * Baby Shady * Morning Glory * Peach Blossom * Rosedust * SS Sundance * Princess Moondust * Peppermint Crunch * Windy * Dazzleglow * Majesty *

I was also really big on saving horsehoe points, or I guess my mom was the one who really organized that, haha! so I had a bunch of mail order ponies too:

Holly * Twinkler * Scribbles * Pearly Baby Glory * Pearly Baby Surprise * Baby Sugarcake * Baby Milky Way * Baby Dancing Butterflies * Baby Sugarberry *

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 10:11:32 AM »
I had a lot! My collection was the envy of the neighborhood!

Sadly, I lost most of them in a family move!

Offline ponylovingmomma

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 12:44:47 PM »
I didn't have too many ponies as a kid but my best friend growing up did!

The first pony I got was Princess Sparkle. I was 3 and my dad bought her for me :)

I also had:

Rosedust
Tropical Breeze
A teeny tiny twin (can't remember who)
Sparkle Baby Firefly
And the blue clear dream beauty horse

I think I had more but it was so long ago I really can't remember.  :cry:  I do remember that my best friend had over 100 of them and the TAF Baby Ponies. She would let me borrow Baby Dancing Butterflies overnight to sleep with  :blush:

Offline juliepinetree

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 01:16:04 PM »
All the one's I remember:
Fire Fly, Lickety-Split, Posey, Powder, Starflower, Flutterbye, Pinwheel, Megan and Sundance, Baby Moondancer, Baby Firefly, Baby Blossom, Baby Glory, Baby Surprise, Sea Shimmer, Ember, Lofty, North Star, Wind Whistler, Masquerade, Flutter Pony (Don't know which one), Molly and Baby Sundance, Water Lily, Beachcomber, Love Melody, Dancing Butterflies, Princess Sparkle, Baby North Star, Baby Lickety-Split, Doodles and Noodles, Dibbles and Nibbles, Zig Zag, Baby Sweet Stuff, Little Flitter, Misty, Flower Bouquet, Bright Bouquet family, Baby Dots 'n Hearts, Baby Firefly, Baby Starflower, and Baby Soft Steps.
Those are all the one's I remember!

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 01:30:33 PM »
The main reason I started collecting G1s was to regain my lost childhood ponies.  My mom urged me to give them to goodwill and I gave them all up except Sugarberry, who was my first pony ever, and MGR Sparkler.  Unfortunately, I've since then realized that several of the childhood ponies I had are pretty pricey now....

I had:
So Soft Hearthrob
Curly Locks
Baby Sea Breeze
Baby Surfy
TAF Sugarberry
TAF Merriweather
TAF Sundance
TAF Megan
Wigwam
Sky Dancer (Winger)
Daddy Bright Bouquet
Mommy Bright Bouquet
Baby Bright Bouquet
MGR Sparkler
MGR Diamond Dreams
Sugar Sweet
Daddy Bright Bouquet
Mommy Bright Bouquet
Baby Bright Bouquet
Baby Fleecy
Woolly the Lamb
Baby Lucky Leaf
Leafy the Calf
Twinkler
Raincurl
Streaky
Baby Rainfeather
Baby Gusty (sparkle baby)
Pony Bride
Stardazzle
Circle Dancer (Dream Beauty)
Glider (Dream Beauty)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 01:53:03 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 01:32:32 PM »
Hmm I didn't have that many.  *Tries To Remember*

So Soft Twist
Princess Starburst
Princess Royal Blue
Moondancer (with a cut tail)
Twilight (with no tail)
Teeny Tiny Baby Little Whiskers.

I originally had Princess Royal Blue and Little Whiskers but a childhood friend gave me some of her ponies.

Then, when I was around 13 I thought I was too old for ponies so I gave them away to a childhood friend of mine.  I have tons more G1's than I did as a kid.  I'm making up for the collection I wish I had.  I was more into collecting barbies in those days.
:P

Through trading and buying I did get some of the ponies I had when I was a kid but I just miss the childhood memories with the ones I had so it's sad to remember what I gave away.

Brightsong

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 02:56:39 PM »
I was 10 when the G3s first came out & I reaaallly wanted a bunch, but was considered 'too old for ponies.' Thank goodness now I can go mad with them.  8-D

I was starting high school when G3 came out, so I never had any.  I did play with them a few times when I was babysitting this one little girl though. :)   She knew EVERYTHING about them, so now I know a lot more about G3 than I probably should, considering I hardly collect them. XD
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 02:59:46 PM by Brightsong »

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 02:57:32 PM »
I only had two real MLPs as a kid. I was in the G2 generation, so Princess Crystal and Princess Twinkle Star were my sweethearts <3

Adoptable made by me

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 06:51:53 PM »
These are my original childhood ponies  ;)

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 07:10:49 PM »
Bowtie Plush (my first MLP!), Neon-Hair Italian Parasol (I was living overseas at the time--I didn't realize she wasn't the "normal" one!), SS Gusty, Baby Firefly, Wavedancer, BBE Baby Gusty, Party Gift Pack ponies, Baby North Star, Baby Quackers, Baby Tiddleywinks (& Nursery), Baby Milkweed or Tumbleweed (my sister and I split the set), Baby Jangles, Princess Tiffany, Sugarberry, Babies Big Top and Toppy, Peppermint Crunch, Baby Foamy, Bright Bouquet Family (we called the Daddy "Blueheart", and he had many wives since he was our only boy), Baby Shaggy, and BnG Braided Beauty.  I think my sister and I had about 52 G1s between us at one count, and we made them a village of custom-colored paper-bag houses!  We also bought our mom Mimic for her birthday!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal