collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Twilight Sparkle O_o  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Twilight Sparkle O_o
« on: May 29, 2012, 06:17:08 PM »
I have four Twilight Sparkles - Two with molded hair and two with brushable hair. One molded and one brushable are still in their packages and the other two are loose - but ALL of their body colors don't match their head colors! I mean, they're all purple, but different shades. None of my other G4s are like this, just Twilight Sparkle, all my Twilight Sparkles  :blink:  I thought it just happened to G1s because the plastic got discolored from being played with. But I guess not! I didn't notice at the time when I bought them, but now I'll be on the lookout for unmatching body/head colors! Anyone else have G4s like this?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Sparkle O_o
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 06:23:26 PM »
A lot of them are like this. The head and body are apparently made of two different plastics, so getting them to match perfectly I guess is difficult?

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 06:32:14 PM »
I have this problem with my Feathermay -sigh- It really is a bummer.
Are previous generation ponies made with two different plastics as well, or is it just the G4s? 0_o

Wilford B Wolf

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 06:37:00 PM »
it took me quite a while before i found one that atleast doesnt make your eyes derp looking at her.....ive even seen pinkies that were as bad as twily

Offline Elisto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 06:40:39 PM »
Just the G4s, I guess because they're constructed differently? I think some of the G2s, like the Magic Motion ponies, which have movable parts, also are made in two parts with different plastics. Someone who knows G2s better can probably answer that.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 06:43:13 PM »
Yeah, all of the G4s have a different plastic for their heads. G3s don't and neither do G1s but some of the G2s that have "interactive features" might. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 06:51:16 PM »
Welcome to the fun of Hasbro, there where several G3's that had that issue and almost all the Brezzies had it.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Elisto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 06:52:51 PM »
Oh, right, the Breezies! They're two different plastics, too, aren't they?

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 07:37:56 PM »
Yes, Breezies too. Also G3.5s, though it isn't as noticeable from what I've seen.

Heh, you must have missed the hundreds of other threads where people have complained about this issue. =P It's really a pain for some of us who particularly HATE head/body mismatches. :/ Every time I think about it I just wonder why Hasbro would make ponies like this. I mean I can understand special cases, like the aforementioned G2s with movable parts, but there are no good reasons to make the whole line with 2 different plastics. -grumblegrumble-
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 09:39:20 PM »
I recently got back into collecting about a month ago so I've been absent on the boards for quite a while XD

Seems like Hasbro could get the same color plastic though, ugh! My G1 Sugar Sweet has a much darker head than body and it's always drove me crazy. But most of all, I hate when white ponies have mismatched colors. They look so dirty to me :( Wish we could write to Hasbro, but I'm sure they'll do whatever is cheapest for them since it is a toy line. Ah well, thanks everyone for commenting!
My Wish List

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 09:53:25 PM »
With the purple ponies it is the worst.  I don't think I have ever seen a Twilight with a matching head and body ever. All of them are not even close.

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 10:14:43 PM »
and on that note i HAD to go snap a shot of my twily......funny...my eyes are picky as all ell ..i can pick a mismatch in paint a mile away..but it wasnt untill i snapped a pic that i could actualy see a change in color on her..facehoof...but i STILL cant see it with my naked eye

Offline Cucco

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • poniponiponi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 10:45:29 PM »
I bought a Rainbow Dash as a bait recently and her head didn't match her body.

The G1 color-change hair set is my grail. Currently own: Mainsail, Seaflower, Shoreline

Brightsong

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 11:15:11 PM »
I think the rubber they use for the head is different than the body for Twilight Sparkle.  I don't have one anymore, but when I did I had the same problem, although mine went the extra mile - her head wouldn't line up with her body and it drove me nuts... so her head's on a Luna and her body's on a Photo Finish now.

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 11:20:46 PM »
I think the rubber they use for the head is different than the body for Twilight Sparkle.  I don't have one anymore, but when I did I had the same problem, although mine went the extra mile - her head wouldn't line up with her body and it drove me nuts... so her head's on a Luna and her body's on a Photo Finish now.

LOL made good use of her.....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal