collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sea pony brag ^^  (Read 715 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Sea pony brag ^^
« on: May 26, 2012, 09:14:38 AM »
even though I have planned some already, this is my first brag topic - I hope I'm doing it right ^^

yesterday I visited a shop that sells used toys, and (among some other cool - non-MLP-related stuff I collect) I found this little rasta girl:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(please forgive the bad quality of the pic, my camera broke awhile ago, so this was done with my phone - which is, well, not really made for taking photos :D still I chose to take one, because a brag thread without pics is like pizza without cheese: it's ok, but it's just better if you have cheese on it  :lol: )

she was quite filthy, and - as you can see - her hair is awful*. still for half a dollar I couldn't leave a Sea pony there! thankfully all the dirt came off, so (apart from the hair) she is in good condition :) I'm planning to try to re-hair her, hopefully in a month I will have a bit more time on my hands. I'm already excited about it - never done it before  :blush:

and about the float... well, it's another brag  :cool: I found it separately about a month ago in another shop for 99 p. I was sad it didn't come with a pony, but I decided to buy it anyway, because my other 2 sea ponies don't have their floats, so now at least one of them will have one, not hers, but still. until yesterday my Pretty & Pearly Sea Star (you can see her in my avatar pic) was sitting in it, and when I brought Beachcomber home yesterday I did a quick search on her - and realised the float belongs to her! (or well, another Beachcomber - I found them in different shops) what a coincidence  :biggrin:

*do you know by the way what may have caused her hair to become like this? I can't even imagine how a hair can get this ruffled  :blink:

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

inbetween

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Sea pony brag ^^
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 09:25:14 AM »
What a cutie!  For 50 cents you can't go wrong, even if her hair's a little fried.  It looks like someone put her in the clothes dryer! 

Good luck re-hairing her; you should update with a picture once you finish her!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 04:03:01 PM »
Lol, I like your comparison of a brag without pic to a pizza with no cheese! 

Congrats on your find.  What luck that the float actually turned out to be Beachcombers!  :D

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 03:55:11 AM »
Lucky find!

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 06:37:41 AM »
Shes awesome!  (I actually kinda dig the hair, if it were cleaned up).  Great find!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 08:19:16 AM »
thank you everybody! ^.^

@inbetween: yeah, you may be right. now as I had another look at it it doesn't only seem ruffled. I am quite an expert in combing ruffles out gently (practiced it on a long-haired ex and also on my sister, none of them liked to comb their hair regularly :P ), but I just couldn't deal with this.
I'll definitely post a pic once it's done  :cool:

@kiwimlp: thanks, glad you liked it  :lol:
yeah, I was a bit disappointed when upon arriving home with the float and doing a quick search I realised it doesn't belong to any of my sea ponies - I was secretly hoping that. but now it's settled ^^

@Colorscapesart: actually that's all I could do with her hair, it's the cleaned-up version already (it does look a bit dirty in the pic, but IRL it isn't, it's just the bad quality of the picture I guess).

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 06:45:30 PM »
Congrats - great pony hunt!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 12:04:28 PM »
I think she's cute with her hair in dreads! You could maybe separate the locks & twirl them around with a dab of styling product to make them hang like real dreadlocks. At least until you can totally rehair her.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 06:46:08 PM »
That hair is crazy but gives her such personality!! I know as a kid my ponies hair got that bad if they were favorites of mine, it comes from chronic hair brushing XD I use a hot iron on very wet conditioned hair to get the frizz out <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal