collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Selling Ponywear on ebay- display on pony or not?  (Read 2121 times)

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Selling Ponywear on ebay- display on pony or not?
« on: May 19, 2012, 08:54:36 PM »
I am having on heck of a time selling my ponywear on the arena... Mostly I have the common ponywear, so most of you probably already have it all.

Does selling ponywear on ebay do better if it is displayed on a pony (pony not included) or just pictured by it's self?

I have a full suitcase (The blue one with the DC and a bunch of early pegs) of ponywear and another one about half full of shoes. If you can't picture that try to picture a 40# bucket of cat litter. I am swimming in ponywear and shoes.

If you want to save my ponywear from EVILbay I will offer 35% off listed price. My shoes are not listed in my sales yet if you need any please let me know what you need.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Selling Ponywear on ebay- display on pony or not?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 08:59:41 PM »
There are a few pieces I need to complete my  outfits.  I will send you a pm with a list and if you have them..that would help me.

If it were me, I would probably not put it on a pony as I can only imagine the problems as if its in the photo they can say...it was pictured on a pony where is the pony...even if its said in the description...ebay does also take the buyers side with pictures sometimes.

I have to be nosey and ask how in the world you ended up with so many ponywear outfits?  I have a few extras and they came from buying lots on ebay. LOL  or someone would give me one and I already had it...but a suitcase of shoes sounds amazing. LOL :biggrin:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:25:18 PM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 09:11:59 PM »
I would say both if you can.  Make the display picture without ponies, and then a second picture being worn.  Just make it super clear, no pony included.  Or you could be in for hassles.  Maybe even put it on the picture that has the pony in it.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 10:22:07 PM »
Eh, I buy ponywear without it being displayed. That also lessens the chance you get that one buyer who is a little idiotic and doesn't read the "pony not included" in the description!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 05:06:00 AM »
Personally it doesn't bother me if its on a pony or not but for "marketing" of the items I think you may well have more luck selling it "on display" on a pony.

However, I will second what others say - some ebay buyers are silly and you will need to be blatantly clear [like giant red letters clear] that the pony is not included. I know you ll do that anyway but some people just dont read auction details clearly enough.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 09:06:48 AM »
I have been guilty of sometimes not reading the description or auction title and going merely by the photo....... there are sellers out there that will picture the entire slumber party pack and the auction will be for pillow talk only... or showing a twin set complete will accessories and having 3 separate auctions- 1 for each pony and a third for the accessories only...

I'm not too happy with the ebay fees they charge either...

Which one is a better sell?

I think I would be more likely to bid on the one displayed...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:14:27 AM by ChipsteRJ »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 09:12:41 AM »
I have bee guilty of it sometimes... there are sellers out there that will picture the entire slumber party pack and the auction will be for pillow talk only... or showing a twin set complete will accessories and having 3 separate auctions- 1 for each pony and a third for the accessories only...

I'm not too happy with the ebay fees they charge either...

Lol! I may know those auctions as well!!!

Its annoying though because most of the time from "certain sellers" it gets a teeny tiny mention at the end of the description...
Loa is my love god!

Offline balletpot

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Avatar: Childhood Bow-Tie in a new outfit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 09:33:45 AM »
I'd use both photos but write "pony not included" on the picture with the pony, just to be safe. It looks nicer when worn by a pony but then you get a better view of the outfit when it's photographed separately.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 10:11:36 AM »
The problem with 2 images is ebays charges for the second picture...and when you are selling common pony wear then is it worth it?

Chip...can you photoshop the 2 images into one picture which you could upload to ebay a side by side with loose and on a pony and write on the picture as well..."pony not included"?
Loa is my love god!

Offline balletpot

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Avatar: Childhood Bow-Tie in a new outfit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 10:16:53 AM »
But you could add the other picture in the description by adding a photo from e.g. photobucket or something similar. It's allowed to do and there are no fees for it. There are even guides on how to do it, just google it.

Edit: This one for instance, http://reviews.ebay.com/Free-Pictures-in-Ebay-Listings-amp-Basic-HTML-Seller-Tips?ugid=10000000004146682 I've also seen tutorials on youtube, I think the one I watched on youtube was easier to understand, which one it now was.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:21:15 AM by balletpot »

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 10:21:53 AM »
  I think sellers do those types of auctions to get you to look at all their stuff and its a trick because you don't get whats actually in the pictures.  Drives me crazy.  I only take a photo of what I am selling.  Most people that are looking for pony wear are not going to care about it being on a pony. Thats just my opinion.  If you use two photos I would make sure the very first line of your description mentions in bold that the pony isn't included and is only used to show what the outfit looks like on a pony.  Then mention it again at least 3 more times..."please note, this auction is for the outfit only, the pony is not included." :satisfied: Its times like this when Rarity's dress forms would be very useful. Wink
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:25:52 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline mshesha

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • G1 convert
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 10:50:31 AM »
Just an idea: why not take a G1 really bait pony and turn it into a "ponnequin"-like  one of those blank G3s people customize.  I guess it would be obvious the pony is not included.  :lol:

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 11:01:51 AM »
*lol* You a re the Imelda Marcos of Pony Shoes...

I like seeing the stuff photographed close up off the pony, but it's nice to see it on the pony just as an extra visual aid. I think it's really really important that you put huge red "PONY NOT INCLUDED"  letters top and bottom of that pic,  and elsewhere in the auction description (even its title) though. People see what they want to see. I know I've done it (but would never hold the seller accountable for my stupidity! Sadly, not all buyers are as reality based. So to speak.)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 11:11:35 AM »
Just an idea: why not take a G1 really bait pony and turn it into a "ponnequin"-like  one of those blank G3s people customize.  I guess it would be obvious the pony is not included.  :lol:
You could always try to find an argie prototype!
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline mshesha

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • G1 convert
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »
You could always try to find an argie prototype!
Or that! :lol:  *plans to research Argie prototypes*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal