collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Selling Ponywear on ebay- display on pony or not?  (Read 2120 times)

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Selling Ponywear on ebay- display on pony or not?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 12:03:31 PM »
If your goal is really to get rid of it rather than make much money, I'd sell it in bulk lots.  As I'm sure you're fully aware (since you have a lot more selling experience than me), common Pony Wear doesn't sell well.  I do occasionally see someone buy "Great Skates" on eBay for maybe $3, but there is so much listed at the moment and it often seems to go out w/ no bidders.  People like bulk lots--they make even ME want to bid, and I'm not much of a Pony Wear fan--and at least you won't spend a lot of time shipping out tiny lots.
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline balletpot

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Avatar: Childhood Bow-Tie in a new outfit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 12:44:13 PM »
I on the other hand prefer buying things separately, not in lots. That way I avoid getting clutter. I bought ponies in a lot once, never again. :nope: I understand that it's easier to sell in lots in order to get rid of stuff though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 03:20:22 PM »
Maybe another harder question.

Should I start them off at a higher price with free shipping or lower and add shipping (w/discounts for combined shipping of course)

I know ebay final values off the total w/ shipping, so either way I am screwed plus the fee Paypal takes- maybe lots is the best way to go- I have so much that I could do both.

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 08:11:27 PM »
I'm inclined to go w/ lower + shipping.  That is just me, but I think most bidders first become interested based on the starting price, then factor in shipping.

I'd at least try some lots.  I had some luck selling accessories by just piling them up and photographing them that way.  I think buyers were intrigued by the treasure hunt of the heap:)  And I did throw a few goodies in there to get some interest.  The profit margins on some resales are so low that just taking what you can get for the least amount of effort on your part is worth it!

PS--I'd also diversify your lots w/ a mix of pony wear and accessories--you'll attract more buyers that way, and you can also unload some excess accessories in the process.
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 08:38:28 PM »
I'll give it a go- add maybe 10 items a day... Listing is not easy... The first set is up- that is until my memory card got full then I had to list and will take more photos tomorrow!

First will be pony wear then to accessories and finally to the ponies.

See the new link in my siggy!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal