collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Met a Pony Fan! But I Think I Scared Him  (Read 6682 times)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: I Met a Pony Fan! But I Think I Scared Him
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2012, 10:19:14 AM »
Someone at work saw me drawing ponies on my break and she admitted to liking MLP.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2012, 10:55:57 AM »
*grins* he was probably intimidated by a 22 year old women speaking to him, a teenage guy, more then anything, haha!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline little.fox

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2012, 11:21:38 AM »
^Agreed!

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2012, 11:44:54 AM »
I have yet to meet a brony. But I've heard other students sing the shows songs during lunch, once when they discussed who's best pony I simply passed by and said "pony on ;)".
I did meet a fella online tho, he seemed interested a relatioship as he lived nearby and we started talking. Then it sort of stopped. Most of the time people ask me "are you a brony?" when I play games online, this knowledge often makes people turn in disgust.
I see myself as a Brony not as Pegasister as it sounds degrading, Bronies are equal thus a gender split is unnecessary. Usually when greeting bronies I "bro hoof" them, this seems to open them up a bit. But in general guys are very surprised there are gals that like MLP as it seems to be kind of a boys thing now a days?
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2012, 11:46:48 AM »
At work one time, this group of teenagers came through my line and one of the girls was buying a pony coloring book, and both of the G1 movies. I was super stoked. "omg! you like my little pony?! I totally wanted to buy these" She was all "yeah! that's awesome! sorry I beat you to the videos ^^"
Then we talked briefly about how cool FiM is. What was really great about this encounter, was that this girl was too young to have known G1, but was obviously interested in it.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2012, 12:15:27 PM »
I have yet to meet a brony. But I've heard other students sing the shows songs during lunch, once when they discussed who's best pony I simply passed by and said "pony on ;)".
I did meet a fella online tho, he seemed interested a relatioship as he lived nearby and we started talking. Then it sort of stopped. Most of the time people ask me "are you a brony?" when I play games online, this knowledge often makes people turn in disgust.
I see myself as a Brony not as Pegasister as it sounds degrading, Bronies are equal thus a gender split is unnecessary. Usually when greeting bronies I "bro hoof" them, this seems to open them up a bit. But in general guys are very surprised there are gals that like MLP as it seems to be kind of a boys thing now a days?

See, I don't understand this.  "Brony" means "Bro- pony", yes?  So why is "pega-sister" degrading?  I don't consider myself either, but I would personally find it more offensive that I as a female fan can't use a female term.  This is after all, a female oriented show/toy line.  Why would a male oriented label be more acceptable?

Offline Zilla

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2012, 12:48:29 PM »
I was running the register at work and a girl came up wearing a homemade Rainbow Dash hoodie with the cutie mark on the back, but she was on the phone so I whispered "You like ponies? So do I!"

And then she says into the phone, "Dad! I just met someone who likes ponies! See, it is cool!" And she holds the phone out to me and I go "Yup."

Offline little.fox

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2012, 12:54:20 PM »
I was running the register at work and a girl came up wearing a homemade Rainbow Dash hoodie with the cutie mark on the back, but she was on the phone so I whispered "You like ponies? So do I!"

And then she says into the phone, "Dad! I just met someone who likes ponies! See, it is cool!" And she holds the phone out to me and I go "Yup."

Such a cute story!

SheRa-dude

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2012, 01:00:55 PM »
But in general guys are very surprised there are gals that like MLP as it seems to be kind of a boys thing now a days?

LOL

Here's the secret: ...it makes us look less cool when girls like our boy toys, that's why we are reluctant about it. ;)

Offline Greylady

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • frazzle-haired fakie
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2012, 01:29:08 PM »
As it turns out, there's two bronies in my school. They're cousins (one having made the other join the herd). The only time I've ever scared them was when I started singing Pinkie Pie's "Singing Telegram" in what was apparently a convincing Pinkie Pie voice.  :nerdy:  I'm fairly well known 'round these parts for convincing impersonations, especially as far as voices go. I kind of crept up on them when I was singing it, and it was the first time I had spoken to them, so I can see why it startled them.
We're pretty good friends now, I tend to supply them with a steady stream of :muffin: Pony Hooves fan art, so... Yeah.  ^^;

Offline Bellevi

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2012, 01:38:50 PM »
What is this "bro-hoof"? lol, I had to look it up. I collect G4 as well, but I haven't been watching the show or sticking close to the FiM fan community. I guess I'll have to try that if one of 'em ever wanders into my store again.

@Wardah: I thought that might be the case. I'll have to change my strategy for approaching teenage brony customers! By golly, they WILL talk to me about ponies!

@dippindot: Yeah, you're probably right. I'm normally quiet when I talk, but at work, I pretty much shout, so he was probably taken aback by someone calling out his pony hoodie the very second he walked into the store. XD

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2012, 02:26:49 PM »
I was in line at Target once and I noticed the girl in front of me had G1 ponies tattooed on her leg. I wanted to say something, but she seemed in a hurry and I was having an awkward day :huh:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Mintymints

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Sock collector extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2012, 04:14:08 PM »
when I was younger, and obsessed with g3s my brother would shun me...
Now he has a creepy group of bronies, running around being annoying.
 :redface:

By Sunnyrain~Avvie by Starsteppony on DA

Stuntmang

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2012, 04:34:02 PM »
I've sold MLPs to people at my school before.

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2012, 04:50:51 PM »
I meet a pony person at TRU one time and they seemed like they was disgusted to find that there was another pony person in there area. I don't live close to TRU but I was so excited to find another pony person that was kinda near me. Then it made me really sad cause the looks she was giving me. I felt so down. Like I had done something wrong. 

I see by your info that you and I both live in the same state. I also encountered someone locally who acted like meeting another pony fan was offensive to her. If we live near each other, maybe we ran into the same angry person!

Some newer pony fans seem to view pony fandom as some kind of competition, like there's not enough room for all of us.  :rolleyes: This girl acted like she was superior to me/everyone in her knowledge of pony fan-ness *LOL*, but she had no clue what I was talking about when I brought up my favourite G1s. (She was born in the 90s.) Haha, I wanted to put my nose in the air like she was doing and inform her, "Child, I was collecting ponies before you were born!" (I put it more politely, though. I'm not interested in pony fandom competition.)
Don't look for me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal