collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Met a Pony Fan! But I Think I Scared Him  (Read 6625 times)

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I Met a Pony Fan! But I Think I Scared Him
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2012, 05:03:53 AM »
This is interesting.

I only saw a brony once, while I was coming back from school by a tram: it was a teenaged kid with a bag which had a couple of FiM badges on it (with Fluttershy, Princess Luna, :muffin: Pony Hooves among others). I wanted to compliment him on them, but I was too chicken to do so. Oh well... :P

As for your case, Bellevi, it's just a hypothesis of mine (since I don't know the guy), but you might've encountered another one of those bronies who are not fond of the previous generation and look down upon those who collect those "badly made" toys... Just sayin'. :(

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2012, 05:28:15 AM »
That was a strange way for him to act.  Maybe in his mind MLP is for guys now so it was awkward for a female to declare her love for MLP.  MLP is for everyone, no matter their gender.

OK sorry I'm reading responses and am a little confused now.  I thought the term Brony was for boys who like ponies but I see girls who are being accused of being Bronies.
:lookround:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:33:06 AM by Majesty »

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 05:42:19 AM »
A lot of girls use the term brony too, seems like especially if they weren't fans of the other MLP lines. I still hear it and tend to think male FiM fan myself though...

Sounds to me like he might have just been surprised or shy.

Moonracer

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 05:47:01 AM »
Well, the official term for a MLP:FiM fan is "Pegasister", but I don't think it's used that often (or that people prefer to use this particular term), as I've seen both male and female fans identify themselves as Bronies.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 05:47:50 AM »
These stories are cute!

I have never accidentally run into a pony person in public - whether new fan or old...but from the number of ponies that stay on the shelves in my local supermarket I am coming to the conclusion SW Scotland is not a hot bed of pony people!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 05:59:45 AM »
I was abducted by a bronie once... I was at an anime con, warring my fluffiest cutest pastel dress- featuring carousel horses and carrying a G1 sunlight (she matched the outfit) When I hear someone yelling about Rainbow Dash down the hall- Next thing I know this big guy has picked me up and is running off with me! Lol I didn't know what to think! He took me down a side hall where a large group of people were gathered in a circle saying there names and who there favorite pony was. I had been abducted for a bronie pony meet XD

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2012, 06:38:05 AM »
Well, the official term for a MLP:FiM fan is "Pegasister", but I don't think it's used that often (or that people prefer to use this particular term)

Certain brony-run sites like "some other site with horses" consider the use of Pegasister as trolling. No idea why.

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 07:00:26 AM »
I met a few at comic-con, there are a few in my animation classes, and there are some at my school. One of them even gave me pony stickers as a birthday present XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Moonracer

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2012, 07:09:22 AM »
Well, the official term for a MLP:FiM fan is "Pegasister", but I don't think it's used that often (or that people prefer to use this particular term)

Certain brony-run sites like "some other site with horses" consider the use of Pegasister as trolling. No idea why.

Trolling? Really? That's... odd. O_O

I personally don't really see anything about the term which could be considered trolling. Even the bronies from the polish MLP:FiM forum use the term Pegasister as a rank for the female fans.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 07:21:23 AM »
I've never encountered a single Brony here in WI.
Awhile back I told a co-worker that I collect ponies and on a random day she asked me one day what Brony meant cuz her son-in-law had a pony shirt... So as a x-mas gift he now has a Halo commission FIM ornament from me... LOL, spread the pony love!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 07:32:05 AM »
I have seen other bronies, but never spoken to one , shy like fluttershy:)
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 07:36:50 AM »
I've never met one in real life myself, hopefully soon tho

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 07:45:32 AM »
Pony fans can be timid on the whole. :) I like the idea of a simple "bro-hoof" as others have suggested. I don't think you did anything wrong, though! I'm not sure what your personality type is, but it might've been a simple case of extroverted enthusiasm versus introverted caution.

I approach other fans of the band Rush in a similar fashion. I think we're a fanbase largely made up of introverts. As much as I hate to pigeonhole, I suspect the G4-oriented crew might be similar. Introverts very carefully assess social situations, but we sure do open up when talking about something we enjoy!

If I see somebody sporting a Rush shirt when I'm out-and-about, I just kind of do the double-point "Heeeyyy, rock on!" thing or a simple, "I like your shirt." Inevitably, a good four times out of five, this evolves into a conversation about our favorite songs and albums, and why the band is the best thing since sliced bread. I'd wager Pony conversations would often develop similarly if begun with such subtlety.:)

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 07:48:12 AM »
Well, the official term for a MLP:FiM fan is "Pegasister", but I don't think it's used that often (or that people prefer to use this particular term), as I've seen both male and female fans identify themselves as Bronies.

all the girl MLP-FIM fans i have ever called pegasister have HATED being called that name, they all seem to want to be called bronies, at least that is what i have seen.
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

SparklersOasis

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2012, 08:04:04 AM »
I saw a 20's guy walk by me at walmart with a brony shirt on, and I just about said something, but ended up not saying anything because I didn't want to embarrass my husband!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal