collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Thread 3.3  (Read 112210 times)

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
Re: Monster High Thread 3.3
« Reply #1395 on: June 12, 2012, 09:12:03 PM »
Good to know, thank you! Looking back at the pics, I like the prototype better, too.
WHOA - just noticed the massive face shape difference!! also noticing that it would be pretty easy to customize a Frankie into a prototype-version Scarah... hmmmmm.....
Yeah, I think the prototype was just a modified Frankie, wasn't it?

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1396 on: June 12, 2012, 09:31:02 PM »
technically they look like the Bee Girls shoes recolored....cause they are greener in the photos than the original black. and it it very possible these are prototypes and the final product will have a different style shoe. they recolor already existing shoes in a lot of prototype photos

Post Merge: June 12, 2012, 03:52:16 PM

>.> not that i pay close attention to the shoes *ahem*
Ah, do you think that's the prototype Scarah in those photos, not the final? I did think they'd given her different shoes in those pics of her in the box.

It is entirely possible that she will come with recolored Bee Girl shoes -- it's really hard to tell in all the in box photos i have seen.
But the newest Frankie Fashion pack has the 3-eyed Ghoul's shoes recolored. So it wouldn't be the first time they reused a shoe mold

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: June 12, 2012, 10:04:43 PM »
It is entirely possible that she will come with recolored Bee Girl shoes -- it's really hard to tell in all the in box photos i have seen.
But the newest Frankie Fashion pack has the 3-eyed Ghoul's shoes recolored. So it wouldn't be the first time they reused a shoe mold
The shoes she's wearing in the box photos look different to me.

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: June 12, 2012, 10:56:21 PM »
So Hoodude is a plush?  I'm...disappointed.  I know he's a plush in the show, but I was really hoping for an actual doll of him, even if it didn't look quite right.  I'm kinda ocd about all my dolls matching.  Kinda cut my excitement for the set :/  I still want Scarah so I guess I can't complain too much.

On a side note, I got my Cupid and Howleen today!  Howleen is so friggin cute, I just love her!  I'm getting rid of that little pucker painted on Cupid's lips, it just bugs me >.<

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: June 12, 2012, 11:05:05 PM »
I'm getting rid of that little pucker painted on Cupid's lips, it just bugs me >.<
That's my biggeset turn-off with her.

Lon-san

« Reply #1400 on: June 12, 2012, 11:54:09 PM »
http://dolfielittles.typepad.com/blog/2012/06/monster-high-lab-add-on-and-fashion-packs-lady-gaga-in-a-box.html

Somebody got their Nocturnal and Mystical CAM Lab packs! People were worried the Nocturnal cat would be the same color as Toralei. She's not. she's DAY GLO ORANGE! :O She's wondering if it even might glow or something.

http://dolfielittles.typepad.com/blog/2012/06/how-to-use-monster-lab-add-ons-without-the-lab.html

She also did a thing on using the tattoos without the lab set. Excellent because...ee...that thing is expensive.

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #1401 on: June 12, 2012, 11:58:12 PM »
http://dolfielittles.typepad.com/blog/2012/06/monster-high-lab-add-on-and-fashion-packs-lady-gaga-in-a-box.html

Somebody got their Nocturnal and Mystical CAM Lab packs! People were worried the Nocturnal cat would be the same color as Toralei. She's not. she's DAY GLO ORANGE! :O She's wondering if it even might glow or something.

http://dolfielittles.typepad.com/blog/2012/06/how-to-use-monster-lab-add-ons-without-the-lab.html

She also did a thing on using the tattoos without the lab set. Excellent because...ee...that thing is expensive.

so awesome!!

now i have to get those glow in the dark  packs LOL .. anyone know how much the lab is gonna cost??

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #1402 on: June 13, 2012, 12:51:10 AM »

I am dying to see how the faces look once they go on! Come on lab pack!

My wave 1 DT Clawdeen arrived today - she is gorgeous!! I think she is my new favourite ^.^
Come visit my blog!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: June 13, 2012, 03:40:16 AM »
Wow, you have a lot more blue/green than mine! I had a thin tiny stripe at the back that I pulled forward to frame her face.

Oh, OK.  I haven't seen another Rochelle from the back so I didn't know how much (or how little) green they typically have. 

------------------------

Thanks for pics of the CAM lab packs!   While it is a neat idea, I don't think I care for them.   The plain looking heads bother me.  :P   But it is nice to see some variety.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: June 13, 2012, 03:51:51 AM »
I actually don't really like the HooDude plush... he just doesn't seem to have translated well in that design. Oh well, at least I won't be wanting the SDCC set now.

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: June 13, 2012, 03:53:49 AM »
I actually don't really like the HooDude plush... he just doesn't seem to have translated well in that design. Oh well, at least I won't be wanting the SDCC set now.
Me neither. For an exclusive extra, you'd think they could've tried a little harder, like giving him an actual jacket, and some actual stitches, and some actual buttons for eyes, etc etc. Instead, they've just cheaply made everything printed on his body. Lame!

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: June 13, 2012, 06:23:41 AM »
If I am able to get my hands on the SDCC set, I'm half contemplating on changing up Hoodude with some raised stitches and button eyes. I have a difficult time seriously altering things from how they came out of the factory so I may change my mind later, but he does need a little spicing up.

The Nocturnal pack does glow in the dark. :) I'd love to see a new regular-line character with a glow in the dark body sometime in the future (alien maybe?). I'm such a sucker for anything that glows or lights up, lol.

now i have to get those glow in the dark  packs LOL .. anyone know how much the lab is gonna cost??

I've been hearing $40-$50 retail for the lab.

Ok, I decided to go ahead and get Rochelle's hair washed out and it dried in time for me to take a few pics.    Please excuse the poor lighting, it was after sunset.   :P

This is the closest I could get her hair to the box artwork:

It's not perfect, but I think this is as close as you can get without re-rooting.   I just carefully separated the green stripe in the back and tried to lay it out evenly.   Not bad I guess, better than one big skunk stripe.  LOL!

And one more pic from the front, because we all love picture spam.   ;)

I did get her bangs to look good, now that they are soft and gunk free!

She looks great! I love how even the turquoise looks in her hair. :) I really enjoy seeing photos of Rochelle because each one is different in some way and it makes them all seem so unique. She's definitely one of my favorite dolls in this franchise.

Mine has a good amount of turqoise in the back but it's mostly gravitated to one side. It's half and half, almost right down the middle, with pink on one side and turquoise on the other.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 06:47:38 AM by Mandy85 »

Blitzn

« Reply #1407 on: June 13, 2012, 06:29:44 AM »
Quote from: blog
Lagoona needs something at Wal Mart, where did she put her pajamas?

classic.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: June 13, 2012, 07:24:32 AM »
I really don't like Hoodude, I don't know why, I just don't. I am creeped out by Scarrah too... :scared: :yikes:

Post Merge: June 13, 2012, 07:52:12 AM

Has Venus and Robecca been released yet?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:52:12 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: June 13, 2012, 09:01:55 AM »
My darling Opie showing off her fiery cropped 'do, as she takes a break on her modelling set.

'This ghoul *really* needs a coffee!'
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal