collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Could you resist?  (Read 7129 times)

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
Re: Could you resist?
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2012, 02:16:43 PM »
I personally prefer loose ponies, but if I found a moc g1, I'd keep it in the packaging. If I ever opened it (depending on the pony, I guess) I think the whole community would rip me a new one XD
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

ElusiveLily

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2012, 02:18:16 PM »
I opened a Nirvana MIB.  Yeah, I did that.  The way I see it, she looked dismal on the card and needed to be liberated!!  FREE THE PONIES;)

XD Well, you'll get no hate from me. I don't blame you.

Keiri

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2012, 02:20:04 PM »
I would be able to resist, but if the card/packaging was in super bad condition I would open it.

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2012, 02:31:00 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This answer your question?

Yes I can resist the urge to open them but I need them loose too so I can have one's to play with...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

ElusiveLily

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2012, 02:37:01 PM »
I was mostly referring to the people who don't have doubles. I know it'd be a lot easier to open something when you've got a spare. That was the point I was making earlier. I know I'd be able to open something if I had a double.

Lavender_Lace

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2012, 03:01:59 PM »
It depends.  I used to have quite a few MIB/MOC ponies, but I sold most of them several years ago when I was seriously broke.  I only have Copper Glow, the G2 Christmas baby and I think one other G2 MOC anymore.  I liked looking at them in their original packages.  It made me feel like I had my own little pony shop.  :) 

Playsets are a different story.  Playsets don't stand a chance.  I bought a MIB Kitchen simply so I could enjoy opening it and playing with it.  (and have all the pieces)  I also did that with a BB Dance School and Perfume Parlor.  I still have all my playsets.  :)

ElusiveLily

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2012, 03:04:52 PM »
I used to have quite a few G2 playsets. But now I'm afraid I sold them all, including all my G2 ponies, and the worst part of it is I don't remember any of it. I've had a horrible time pulling that knife out of my heart.

Lavender_Lace

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2012, 03:05:57 PM »
I wouldn't be able to handle not opening it. I want to smell that "new pony smell" that I've heard of but never got to experience. The idea of being the first person to ever touch the pony really appeals to me... And I would never get a MIB pony for exactly this reason.

That pony smell...get a tub with a lid, put a bunch of G1s in it and close it up for at least a week.  Then, open it, stick your head in and breathe nostalgia.  :P  *That* is the new pony smell.  It just needs to be able to build up.

And yes, it is fun being the first to open one.  :) 

mollldoll

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2012, 03:08:08 PM »
I would not open a MOC/MIB g1 pony - As others have said, i would sell it and buy it loose if i really wanted that pony. I cant keep many other gen ponys MIB, though all my g3 ponyville are and will remain to be - i have no want to open them. Though I don't know now what my collection would be like if i kept all those G3s i had MIB haha

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal