collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Could you resist?  (Read 7137 times)

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
Re: Could you resist?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 07:24:43 AM »
That's why I keep away from MIB/MOC G1 ponies. I have a lot more self control now than when I first started collecting, though. :)

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 07:28:36 AM »
I used to think I would HAVE to open it, but I am finding I have the urge to have a pony MOC. I would, of course, buy the same pony loose to play with. But, Quackers MOC looks pretty rad!

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 07:41:29 AM »
I'm not sure how finding 2 MIB would make opening something rare more acceptable...I found 2 MOC babies and kept them for a while, but eventually decided to just sell them. I got money and only spent a small portion of it to buy those ponies loose, and a MIB collector got two more things for their collection. All around, everyone was happy.

Of course you are right and most likely I would not really do that! Best thing to do is swap for a loose one as you say.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 07:54:18 AM »
Awhile ago I got a pony bride and the box came with her, both loose. I made a new back card and put her back in the box. I can totally resist de-boxing ponies... I'd like more loose boxes just so I can box them back up!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 07:57:39 AM »
I would never open a G1, unless the box/card was in terrible shape.

same here :) I have several MOC / MIB G1 hanging on my wall. All untouched. I dont have a problem with that :)

Scarab

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 08:07:05 AM »
I really like being able to fix my ponies. Give them a bath if dirty and fix their hair. If I ever stumble across a G1 MOC/MIB I would probably keep it for a while just to bask in it's rare glory and then sell it to someone who would keep it MOC/MIB. :)

Though I'm getting the 25 year anniversary Rainbow Ponies as a late present. Them I will keep in their boxes and also search for the loose ones. The Rainbow Ponies-set is one of my absolute favourite sets. ^.^

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 08:31:18 AM »
The 2 MOC G1s I have I also have loose (NSS North Star and Italy Posey).
Even any G3s and G4s I get I also keep in there boxes - I just can't bear to open them! I don't get any joy out of taking a pony out of it's box like some people seem to. ^^

KiwiSquirtBottle

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 08:32:34 AM »
I'd have to trade it for one that was already open. Not because I would open them, but because I have a child at home who gets in to everything. It'd be horrid if he popped it open. -.-

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 08:34:04 AM »
i could resist, considering what mib brings
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2012, 08:36:24 AM »
I'd open it, I've already done that (MIB Posey who's card was horrible). I've always liked opening toys and displaying them, pretty much all there is to that.

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2012, 08:38:52 AM »
Uhh. Yes. I would be able to.
It upsets me when people open G1s. They should sell them to me instead! I have about 30 G1s moc and mib and I would never want to open them, I just think they look awesome and neat with their pretty artwork!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Buttersketch

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2012, 08:40:57 AM »
I'd be tempted to open it, MIB/MOC ponies make me a bit sad. If it was a rare pony, I'd probably sell it to someone who would leave her in all her MIB mintiness, but if it was a relatively common pony, I just might open it. >.>
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

comics |LJ|Tumblr|DA

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2012, 08:43:23 AM »
I don't really collect MIB ponies and I could very easily resist opening a MIB G1.

I think It would be kinda foolish to open a MIB G1 pony when you could sell it and buy a great condition out of box G1 pony or a few great condition G1 ponies. Just seems like a waste and It just doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to do it.

However I really don't give a ponyfeather what someone else does with they're ponies. If people want to waste a lot of money to buy a MIB G1 and then go open it then have at it. I just think it would be better to use some logic about MIB G1 ponies.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Sokkis

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2012, 08:52:17 AM »
I would not open a MIB, but I wouldn't keep it for myself either. I'd sell it and use the money for loose ponies :)
This!
And it's pretty hard to tell if the pony is actually mint inside the package, sometimes they come with surprises... Sunfading, cancer on the card side etc.
Maybe if I would get a really damaged MIB/MOC, and I really mean DAMAGED, then maybe... But I'll leave them to those collectors who really appreciate them. :)

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2012, 08:54:45 AM »
I've got a couple of MIBs.  All are still in box, and I would sell them before opening them, except for Moonstone.  Her card got water damaged when my room flooded, about 10 years ago, and I was worried that she would get mouldy.  I figured she was common enough that I could de-box her to save her.  She was $10 from ebay in the early 2000s, so I didn't feel too bad about it.  I have to admit, that new-pony smell brought back a lot of good memories *sigh*.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal