collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Introduction  (Read 1379 times)

ElusiveLily

• Trade Count: (0)
My Little Introduction
« on: April 14, 2012, 02:32:59 PM »
Greetings. I’ve been aware of this forum for some years now, but I never gave much thought about joining, but since it’s referenced so often, I figured it’d be worth it to set up an account.

My name is Jessie, but you can just refer to me by my username or ‘Lily’ for short. I’m 24 and have been a collector for nearly 7 years now, not counting my childhood. Deciding to be a pony collector was really a sort of spur of the moment thing. It seriously just happened out of the blue one day. I believe I made the decision after stumbling upon some of my older ponies from when I was young. My Little Pony was one of my greatest loves from about 4 to 11 years old, and it never left me.

As of now, my collection consists of 169 ponies total, not counting extras. Broken down into their appropriate categories, they are as follows:

G1:

20 Brushables
2 Plush

G2:

1 McPony

G3:

66 Brushables
1 Styling Pony
6 Breezies
2 Tiny Yar plushes
14 McPonies
1 Christmas Ornament
1 Cake figure
2 So Softs
6 Ponyville
1 Beanie

G3.5

6 Brushables
1 Newborn Cutie
2 McPonies
3 Ponyville

G4:

22 Brushables
2 Ponyville
1 Jumbo Plush
2 Styling Ponies
7 McPonies

I also have a Rainbow Dash key chain, a Pinkie Pie T-shirt and a Triple Treat carrying bag.

So my collection is relatively small, even though every person I’ve ever showed it to thinks it’s enormous. But I know better lol. I know there are many people who have already hit that 1,000 pony mark and are still going.

My G2 collection was actually significantly larger, but I‘m almost 100% certain I no longer have them. I’ve stumbled across old G1s that I had years ago, but I did collect quite a few G2s when they first came out, and I’m terrified that I might have given them away in a yard sale. I’ve sold lots of toys in yards sales. Some I don’t miss, and there are others I deeply regret selling, like all my Sailor Moon dolls. But I honestly don’t remember selling my G2s, and it’s stranger because I had a lot of playsets. There was just a lot of stuff, and I’m amazed that I could have sold the entire bulk to someone and not even remember it. I’ve been searching desperately for the last couple of days, but my search has turned up 1 McDonalds pony. The realization has brought me to tears.

I have a soft spot for the G2s because they were the ponies of my childhood. Being born in the late 80s, I missed out on most of the G1s, but I caught the G2s right as they were hitting store shelves. Clever Clover and Sky Skimmer, they were my first, and I’d say Sky Skimmer is my favorite G2, and it kills me to know they‘re gone. I could always replace them, but it wouldn’t be the same as having your childhood ponies amongst your herd.

The good news is I still have G1 childhood ponies, and it just so happens that I have 1 G1 pony that I DO remember buying in stores. I believe I was only 4 years old, because I can just barely remember buying her. But it was a G1 Bright Glow. I stumbled upon her a few years ago and now she’s on display with the rest of my ponies. My other G1s I acquired from friends and trading. But Bright Glow is the only G1 I ever bought.

I don‘t collect just one generation. I enjoy them all. Even the generally despised 3.5s have grown on me. The only things I really don’t collect are the playsets, mostly because I just don’t have the room for them.

Finally, for those who might be wondering about my username, there actually is a story behind it. I didn’t just pull it out of my butt. Just this past Christmas, I made a list of the newest G4s that had come out and gave it to my mom, but I also added Lily Blossom to the list, because I still hadn’t gotten her. I didn’t expect my mom to find her as I hadn’t seen her in Target or Wal-Mart and she had already been out for months, so I just figured she was gone. Sure enough, Mom wasn’t able to find her. And I also missed out on getting the McDonalds Lily Blossom. She was the only one I didn’t have. We were on our way up to Michigan and we stopped at three McDonalds along the way to try and get her, but they were already done selling the ponies. So I thought it was strange that I seemed to have such a hard time getting Lily Blossom. I had started calling her The Elusive Lily Blossom.

Luckily while I was in Michigan, we stopped at a Meijer store and I, unexpectedly, spotted a Lily Blossom stuck behind a bunch of other ponies. I was actually knocking stuff over in order to get to her. So…while I wasn’t able to get the McDonalds Lily, I was happy to get the brushable. I’d say Lily Blossom is probably my favorite non-Mane 6 pony.

Anyway…that’s about it.

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Introduction
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 02:41:19 PM »
Welcome! ^^ I do hope you like it here

Moondancer115

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 02:54:28 PM »
Hi welcome to the arena! That sounds as a nice collection you have ^.^
It is great to still have your childhood ponied and remembering the one you bought.
I am glad lilly blossom isn't elusive anymore. Glad you found her :)

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 02:55:52 PM »
Good afternoon, ElusiveLily. :happy: Welcome to the Arena and happy posting. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

ElusiveLily

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 02:57:52 PM »
I am glad lilly blossom isn't elusive anymore. Glad you found her visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Well, I still don't have the McDonalds Lily lol. But finding the brushable definitely made up for it.  :)

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 03:02:08 PM »
Hello and Welcome to the Arena! 

So glad to have you here!

cesprins

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 03:04:10 PM »
Finally, for those who might be wondering about my username, there actually is a story behind it. I didn’t just pull it out of my butt. Just this past Christmas, I made a list of the newest G4s that had come out and gave it to my mom, but I also added Lily Blossom to the list, because I still hadn’t gotten her. I didn’t expect my mom to find her as I hadn’t seen her in Target or Wal-Mart and she had already been out for months, so I just figured she was gone. Sure enough, Mom wasn’t able to find her. And I also missed out on getting the McDonalds Lily Blossom. She was the only one I didn’t have. We were on our way up to Michigan and we stopped at three McDonalds along the way to try and get her, but they were already done selling the ponies. So I thought it was strange that I seemed to have such a hard time getting Lily Blossom. I had started calling her The Elusive Lily Blossom.

Luckily while I was in Michigan, we stopped at a Meijer store and I, unexpectedly, spotted a Lily Blossom stuck behind a bunch of other ponies. I was actually knocking stuff over in order to get to her. So…while I wasn’t able to get the McDonalds Lily, I was happy to get the brushable. I’d say Lily Blossom is probably my favorite non-Mane 6 pony.

Anyway…that’s about it.

Were you in the meijer in cascade by Grand Rapids? Off of 131 i believe? A month ago or so I hid a lily blossom in the very back at that store.  :lol: 

ElusiveLily

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 03:14:29 PM »
Were you in the meijer in cascade by Grand Rapids? Off of 131 i believe? A month ago or so I hid a lily blossom in the very back at that store.  visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This store was in the Ann Arbor area. But the funny thing is is that she WAS in the back. I had to push aside about three ponies to get to her, while knocking one to the floor in the process.

That would have been pretty hilarious though XD
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 03:20:22 PM by ElusiveLily »

cesprins

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 03:17:13 PM »
Were you in the meijer in cascade by Grand Rapids? Off of 131 i believe? A month ago or so I hid a lily blossom in the very back at that store.  visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This store was in the Ann Arbor area. But the funny this is is that she WAS in the back. I had to push aside about three ponies to get to her, while knocking one to the floor in the process.

That would have been pretty hilarious though XD

awwwww. That would've been too funny if it was that one! I guess someone was trying to hide that one as well! I'm glad you were able to find her, she's super pretty. I remember how hard I looked for her when she first came out because I love how gorgeous she was.

ElusiveLily

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 03:19:56 PM »
Indeed. I love the fact that she has her own unique hairstyle and doesn't just use one of the Mane 6's styles like most of the other non-6. As soon as I got her out of the box, I immediately restyled her hair.

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 03:49:56 PM »
howdy!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 03:59:51 PM »
welcome to the boards!
*tags MLPfan* found you!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 04:32:34 PM »
Welcome!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

ElusiveLily

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 06:17:06 PM »
Thanks!  :)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 08:55:19 PM »
Welcome to the Arena.  I enjoyed hearing the story behind your username :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal