collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: before I do anything with these  (Read 3814 times)

Offline bluemoondreams

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
before I do anything with these
« on: April 14, 2012, 01:20:56 AM »
I brought these to custom but figgured before I did I'd find out of any one of them was rare and should really be maybe moved on to some one who could restore them. I'm still learning what ones are rere and what ones aren't.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sokkis

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: before I do anything with these
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 03:23:42 AM »
IMO those aren't baits, not even close. :)

Scarab

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 03:29:28 AM »
I agree with Sokkis. They would be beautiful with just a new tail. ^.^

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 04:03:07 AM »
Thanks for checking first :bigups: :hug: :lovey: 
I also agree - those ponies arent baits  ;)   . All they need is a new tail (which is easy to replace either from a donor tail from a real bait, or by making a new one ).   since you are also in the UK , I might have some real baits  to trade you for them if you like?  shall I check my bait box? :what:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 04:23:20 AM »
Butterscotch in particular is sought after with no marks/age spots; there was someone on the Arena who had gone through eight or so and still hasn't found a minty one? Please don't bait 'em.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline bluemoondreams

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 05:22:48 AM »
thnaks for all the help! I'm glad I asked first.

Post Merge: April 14, 2012, 05:23:18 AM

Thanks for checking first :bigups: :hug: :lovey: 
I also agree - those ponies arent baits  ;)   . All they need is a new tail (which is easy to replace either from a donor tail from a real bait, or by making a new one ).   since you are also in the UK , I might have some real baits  to trade you for them if you like?  shall I check my bait box? :what:

that would be cool! Just please nothing that will need sculpting...I'm usless at it!

Post Merge: April 14, 2012, 05:23:47 AM

Butterscotch in particular is sought after with no marks/age spots; there was someone on the Arena who had gone through eight or so and still hasn't found a minty one? Please don't bait 'em.
wow I didn't realise she was so hard to get hold of...learn soemthnig new every day.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:34:55 AM by bluemoondreams »

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 06:44:19 AM »
They look nice!

I'm truly not trying to be snarky, just an honest suggestion:  Maybe someone here on the Arena should publish a guide for sellers and buyers that strictly defines what makes a pony "bait"?   Like a guide that lists damage and conditions that are irreversible, across gens. Also it would be good to use synonyms for bait so that new folks would recognize the guide.  Maybe titled "How to decide if a pony should be customized?"  Maybe there's already one written?

I've bought "baits" before and when I cleaned them up they turned our really nice.  I guess it was good for me, because I got a reduced price, but not good for what I had in mind to do with them. :/  "saved" from the butcher, as it were. ;)

Offline bluemoondreams

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 06:59:38 AM »
They look nice!

I'm truly not trying to be snarky, just an honest suggestion:  Maybe someone here on the Arena should publish a guide for sellers and buyers that strictly defines what makes a pony "bait"?   Like a guide that lists damage and conditions that are irreversible, across gens. Also it would be good to use synonyms for bait so that new folks would recognize the guide.  Maybe titled "How to decide if a pony should be customized?"  Maybe there's already one written?

I've bought "baits" before and when I cleaned them up they turned our really nice.  I guess it was good for me, because I got a reduced price, but not good for what I had in mind to do with them. :/  "saved" from the butcher, as it were. ;)

that sounds like a good idea to me, it can be confusing because I brought these as a bait lot there is nothing apparetnly too badly wrong with them however.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 07:05:16 AM »
Poor little tailless ponies! Yes, I would agree with other comments they do look as though they simply need a new tail...so you would probably do better selling and buying others or trading them!

They are your ponies of course and you can do pretty much what you like with them but personally if I am ever stuck wondering I always post in the Corral as people are always lovely to help...

@gabumon...thats such a nice idea but I think the problem on a "this is bait" list is that everyone's opinion of bait varies...for example...I have no talent other than the minimum when it comes to fixing up a pony so baits for me are ponies which others may consider in nice and easily fixable condition...and then you get the other extreme of people who are incredibly talented at restoration and can fix everything even missing limbs and ears I would think they are unlikely to declare anything bait! a lot of it is personal opinion and personal judgement...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 07:12:53 AM »
maybe we could come up with some bait "Grades"

1. Cleaning Only Needed
2. Amateur Restore Possible
3. Export Restore Possible
4. Restore Unlikely

Just ideas.
??

Offline bluemoondreams

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 09:35:56 AM »
maybe we could come up with some bait "Grades"

1. Cleaning Only Needed
2. Amateur Restore Possible
3. Export Restore Possible
4. Restore Unlikely

Just ideas.
??

those sound like good ideas to me.

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 10:05:01 AM »
they look lovely! they're fairly common, but i wouldn't bait them in that condition. all they need is a new tail! :)
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

KiwiSquirtBottle

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 10:23:04 AM »
Quick question.... These look like they're actually the 2007 recreates, not the 80's CPs.

Are they a harder or softer plastic? What's the copyright date on the foot?

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 10:41:15 AM »
I have to agree with Kiwi, they do look like the 2007 recreates, especially butterscotch. I have the 2007 butterscotch and those two look the exact same..
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

KiwiSquirtBottle

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 10:46:20 AM »
I have to agree with Kiwi, they do look like the 2007 recreates, especially butterscotch. I have the 2007 butterscotch and those two look the exact same..
If this is the case, I'd be slightly more in favour of baiting them, but I don't like the 2007 ones much; they're tipsy. So I'm biased. XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal