collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: before I do anything with these  (Read 3815 times)

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
Re: before I do anything with these
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 10:57:44 AM »
I have to agree with Kiwi, they do look like the 2007 recreates, especially butterscotch. I have the 2007 butterscotch and those two look the exact same..
If this is the case, I'd be slightly more in favour of baiting them, but I don't like the 2007 ones much; they're tipsy. So I'm biased. XD

Yeah, baiting them if they are the 2007s probably wouldn't be such a big deal, but they're heads are so heavy they do end up falling over a lot. I have mine almost wedged between to shelves to keep them from knocking over lol
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline bluemoondreams

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 11:12:15 AM »
I have to agree with Kiwi, they do look like the 2007 recreates, especially butterscotch. I have the 2007 butterscotch and those two look the exact same..
If this is the case, I'd be slightly more in favour of baiting them, but I don't like the 2007 ones much; they're tipsy. So I'm biased. XD

Yeah, baiting them if they are the 2007s probably wouldn't be such a big deal, but they're heads are so heavy they do end up falling over a lot. I have mine almost wedged between to shelves to keep them from knocking over lol

well they say 1982 at the bottom and stand up just fine no heavy heads.

Offline PonySeeker128

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2012, 11:20:23 AM »
Really? then I definately wouldn't bait them cause theyre in great condition for being the 80s ones!
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2012, 11:27:17 AM »

Nah, I can tell that they aren't. Retro Butterscotch is a pretty good match for the real girl, but retro Bluebelle's hair is a much brighter purple than that, and retro Blossom is a much darker purple. Plus, I do have some doubts that those girls would already be missing their tails, being that they are much harder plastic (as mentioned) so I don't think you could pull them out as easily...plus, they haven't had nearly 30 years for the washers to rust away and/or fall off, making the tail even easier to pull out.

Anyway, I agree that these poor ponies only need tails and maybe a cleaning, not to be baited. As for a guide to what ponies are bait, that's not a bad idea, though bait is (often unfortunately) in the eye of the beholder. But for starters, when we're talking G1s who really just need tails...that should always be a big NO to the question of whether or not they're bait. =)
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline bluemoondreams

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2012, 11:30:28 AM »
it's so good that your all so helpfull! I'd rather know these things then not!

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2012, 12:06:20 PM »
Well not to sound like a repeat but, I think they just need new tails and since they are the originals I wouldn't bait them. Those that are talking about coming up with a guide that is a awesome idea and would be really helpful I think.. :)
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aerora

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2012, 06:20:28 PM »
maybe we could come up with some bait "Grades"

1. Cleaning Only Needed
2. Amateur Restore Possible
3. Export Restore Possible
4. Restore Unlikely

Just ideas.
??
Maybe in addition to that, some sort of estimated "cost" of repairs? (In time and materials.) Like a replacement tail from someone in the community averages out to $x, ~$4 (with shipping) if you go for dollyhair, etc.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline bluemoondreams

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2012, 04:50:40 AM »
Very pretty! I have 2 Blossoms, and they both have mismatched heads. You've got a nice one there. Good for you for asking- a lot of people wouldn't bother. :)

@gabumon...thats such a nice idea but I think the problem on a "this is bait" list is that everyone's opinion of bait varies...for example...I have no talent other than the minimum when it comes to fixing up a pony so baits for me are ponies which others may consider in nice and easily fixable condition...and then you get the other extreme of people who are incredibly talented at restoration and can fix everything even missing limbs and ears I would think they are unlikely to declare anything bait! a lot of it is personal opinion and personal judgement...

The list that's being made is very handy, especially the "Do Not Bait" list- I'd actually love to see that expanded to include rare G3 ponies some day, since they're more common as baits. Having levels of restoration possibility is useful, especially if you could eventually link to restoration tutorials, but we're not all going to agree on what levels of what ponies are acceptable bait. Some people would try to restore a legless Cotton Candy, others would bait her at level 2 because she's still only worth $2 even if you spend hours removing pindot. There will always be disagreement, and I think that's OK.  I just hope we can all be mature enough to not use it as a tool to make people feel bad for their judgement calls on bait. :/

Disregard the Prologue

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal