collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who has unusual pets?  (Read 9085 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Who has unusual pets?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2012, 07:41:35 AM »
When I was a kid, I had a pet crayfish. I caught him out of our creek. Was super excited. I kept him a day, but then I put him back because I wanted him to be back at home.. (in case it was very bad to take him out of his environment). But then I would go visit him in the creek all the time. He was 3x the size of all the rest, so I knew him from all the others. ;3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Zilla

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2012, 07:50:41 AM »
I only have two rats (Muta and Ace - Muta is white and Ace is black and white). I work at Petco though, so I'm always tempted to bring home cool pets! Snakes, neon tree dragons, conures, guinea pigs, water dogs... I'd like to own them all at some point, but not at the same time. Lol

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2012, 08:27:22 AM »
I guess reptiles aren't as unusual as they used to be, but I have about 30 geckos, all in the rhacodactylus genus. Here's some photos I took of my gargoyle geckos, Terra and Celes, last week:

I'm getting some emperor scorpions off of a friend in a few days (theirs was pregnant at the time of purchase and they have a ton of babies that need homes). I had severe arachnophobia when I was younger, but since working with tarantulas and scorpions for a number of years and needing to interact with them on a regular basis, it's gone down considerably.

I'm still too chicken to hold them bare-handed, so I'm hoping the little guys will help me overcome my fears completely. I wouldn't go up to a house spider and pick it up, but for some reason, seeing hatchling scorpions and tarantulas puts them into the miniature=cute category on some level, so I can overlook the creep factor despite them being the same size. :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 08:32:32 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2012, 08:31:58 AM »
Omg your bassetxpit is adorable! Reminds me of my min daschund lol

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2012, 09:39:51 AM »
Yup and they are rather large for baby carrots even. He's a good bug. I saw that movie! Joe's Apartment I think it's called! Phobeus only hisses though.

Yes, Joe's Apartment I think! That movie is so silly haha. Aww Phobeus. That's a good name for the little big guy. Tell him I said, hiss. :P

SparklersOasis, that owl is seriously gorgeous!!!
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2012, 09:54:11 AM »
I have 3 horses, 2 dogs and a frog.. Oh, and a fish.
Here is a pic of My lovely Moondust:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 09:57:09 AM by Brandi »

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

SparklersOasis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2012, 10:17:24 AM »
Omg your bassetxpit is adorable! Reminds me of my min daschund lol

Thanks!  Except she's about 60 lbs!

SparklersOasis, that owl is seriously gorgeous!!!

I agree!  I haven't seen him in 3 years and I miss him  :cry:

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2012, 10:22:31 AM »
I used to have a pet chameleon when I was in about the 3rd grade. He was a Jackson's Chameleon and I was convinced that he was like a modern triceratops because he had the three horns and everything! lol. xD

He never changed colors like I expected him to. I think TV fools kids into believing chameleons can turn into any color whenever. xD He turned from green to brown occasionally, but that was about it, lol.

When we moved to where we live now we ended up giving him away, and by now he's probably passed away. But he was still a cool pet while I had him x3
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2012, 12:39:18 PM »
I've had frog for years, I miss them all so much!

First were some freshwater frogs that lived with my fish. African dwarf frogs, not the huge white ones, but tiny brown ones. I got a bunch of them from a store and learnt the hard way that juveniles tend to try and jump out of the tank :'( Once they grow a little older there's no problem anymore. I had to lower the water level and close all the possible gaps.

After that I found some cute and small green frogs and bought 3. After I got them they never stopped growing up and ended up being bullfrogs :o Bullfrogs are forbidden in France and even more forbidden to sell because of the damage they can do if released in the nature :s I called the store about it and they didn't care, nearly reported them for selling forbidden frogs but figured I might get mine taken away so I didn't.

Now that I live in China, it's a common food here, you can buy them alive just next to the fish section. It broke my heart the one and only time I saw someone buy a few and the shop assistant just chopped their heads off X(
I used to have those too, the small brown ones. they lived together with my fish, but later my fish (catfish) got so big I didn't dare to buy new ones once they passed away.
I always wanted to have the big white ones too, but I haven't seen them around for awhile. a guy at a shop told me there wasn't much interest in them because they'll get too big, the dwarves always sold better.

aww, I can understand that :( I would have been heartbroken too, frogs are my favourite animals, and have always been for the past (almost) 28 years of my life :lovey:

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2012, 12:50:12 PM »
I used to have hissing roaches. My favorite girl was Requiem and she wasn't supposed to live at college with me but I took her everywhere. I also had giant millipedes.

kirei_na_sakura

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2012, 04:24:59 PM »
When I was a kid, I had a pet crayfish. I caught him out of our creek. Was super excited. I kept him a day, but then I put him back because I wanted him to be back at home.. (in case it was very bad to take him out of his environment). But then I would go visit him in the creek all the time. He was 3x the size of all the rest, so I knew him from all the others. ;3

That is a really sweet story  :) It made me smile. Thank you for sharing it!

MoongazerThePony

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2012, 04:32:05 PM »
Bullfrogs are forbidden in France

Why?

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2012, 04:45:57 PM »
One of my cats I swear understands English: I tell her it's naptime, she throws a tantrum. 
Also want to hear about this bullfrog thing.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2012, 09:39:37 PM »
-and a penguin! Okay, not really at all possible, but a girl can dream.

And why not??? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11xs9mFKObs

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2012, 11:00:08 PM »
i had pet snails once, they were messy...

i also had a pet water bug named speedy. i cried so hard when mom made me get rid of him. i still miss him to this day. his house was a marshmallow fluff jar. but its probably best i let him go, i didn't realize he couldn't live in water forever. i figured he was like a fish.

i had hermit crabs but they're pretty common. and a leopard gecko named roger. right now i have 2 bunnies and 2 birds.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal