collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who has unusual pets?  (Read 9082 times)

Offline WhispersOfTheWind

• Trade Count: (+183)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Who has unusual pets?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 10:00:56 PM »
my ghost shrimp? i have three... thing 1, thing 2, and thing 3! 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:lovey:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 10:02:14 PM »

kaoskat, you can have a cockroach for a pet? O.O I have never heard of that before in my life! Are they interesting at all? I've only ever encountered them in... unpleasant situations. 

Yup. A Madagascar Hissing Cockroach to be exact. He's cute. And huge.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 10:18:58 PM »
I have a leopard gecko I petnapped from my cousin. She is such a cutie.

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 10:47:00 PM »

kaoskat, you can have a cockroach for a pet? O.O I have never heard of that before in my life! Are they interesting at all? I've only ever encountered them in... unpleasant situations. 

Yup. A Madagascar Hissing Cockroach to be exact. He's cute. And huge.

That's so wild! Are those baby carrots he's next to? He's huge! My friend Kiwi would be losing her mind at the sight of that thing, she has a crazy bad phobia.

I like his stripes, he's kinda cute for a thing with more limbs than me xD He sure at least looks different than the kind I saw creeping around the employees only halls in the mall I used to work at.

When I was a kid I used to wish I could meet a cockroach because I watched some really dumb movie about a guy whose apartment was infested with talking cockroaches.

Anyways if there's any slightly unusual pets I wish I had, I have a whole list! I want:
-a goat, and to learn how to make goat cheese
-a bunny. a nice one, that's what makes it unusual.
-a "rubber boa" snake, they are so cute! They wrap around your fingers and give you a tiny snake hug. They're so docile and precious.
-a lizard, any kind really.
-and a penguin! Okay, not really at all possible, but a girl can dream.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 10:51:31 PM »
Yup and they are rather large for baby carrots even. He's a good bug. I saw that movie! Joe's Apartment I think it's called! Phobeus only hisses though.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2012, 11:42:14 PM »
I love the hissing cockroaches!  I held one at the zoo once during a bug education thingy.  XD  She was cute.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 02:17:28 AM »
I used to have Leopard Gecko named Iggy, she passed away in Feburary. This was her:

She was brought for my oldest brother as a birthday present but he went to university not long after so we kept her at home. She was quite old when she went somewhere been 8-12 the vet was quite impressed on how long we kept her with so little problems.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 02:21:28 AM »
My cats are pretty unusual :silly:

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2012, 02:46:51 AM »
aww, so cute animals! congrats to everyone for having such nice pals ^.^

right now I don't have a pet unfortunately (only plants. loads of plants :biggrin: ), because I currently live in a house we rent, and we're not supposed to have pets here, and also I am away for a couple of days quite frequently, so I wouldn't be the perfect mom for one now, but I had a number of pets in the past, and I am definitely willing to have more.

here are some (maybe) unusual ones I used to have:
- a stick insect named Cornelius. got him from a schoolmate who used to have 2, and they once decided to have a family, which meant that in quite a short time she had about 500 stick insects instead of 2  :blink: so she started to bring them in and give them to schoomates. I loved insects, so I loved to offer a home to one (and no more, I just didn't want the same "boom" to happen), I loved the little guy, he was so funny.
- 2 firebellies
- 2 glass shrimps (don't know their English names, sorry. the latin is Macrobrachium lanchesteri). it was really funny to watch them eat, you could see the food's way inside them  :shocked: :P
- 2 giant Affrican snails, not at the same time though. Teargas was my first one, (s)he (snails are hermaphrodites, hence the brackets) was a bigger one with brown shell, and Nyunyó was my second one, a smaller snail with yellow shell. I love them both, they also had funny eating habits, for example, Teargas always ate at night, and just when you were almost asleep (s)he started to chew - gosh, it was so loud!  :lol:

the only one I can show a pic of is Nyunyó, all the others lived with me long before we had a digital cam, and I don't have any scanned pics of them :(
but here's Nyunyó  :inlove:

I hope they have endless loads of lettuce where (s)he is now, may (s)he rest in peace.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2012, 03:10:36 AM »
I have a Macaw...his name is Max and he is a bit of a monster - bigger than my dog. I love him but he has a terrible temper and a shocking attitude!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Malancaiwen

• Celtic pony
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2012, 05:53:50 AM »
I've had frog for years, I miss them all so much!

First were some freshwater frogs that lived with my fish. African dwarf frogs, not the huge white ones, but tiny brown ones. I got a bunch of them from a store and learnt the hard way that juveniles tend to try and jump out of the tank :'( Once they grow a little older there's no problem anymore. I had to lower the water level and close all the possible gaps.

After that I found some cute and small green frogs and bought 3. After I got them they never stopped growing up and ended up being bullfrogs :o Bullfrogs are forbidden in France and even more forbidden to sell because of the damage they can do if released in the nature :s I called the store about it and they didn't care, nearly reported them for selling forbidden frogs but figured I might get mine taken away so I didn't.

Now that I live in China, it's a common food here, you can buy them alive just next to the fish section. It broke my heart the one and only time I saw someone buy a few and the shop assistant just chopped their heads off X(

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2012, 06:02:05 AM »
I had a turtle for many years, but when I moved to a different province, I decided it was best for her to go to a friend who has a turtle pond and loves and cares for many other red ears in a huge enclosure. I didn't have the time to play with her anymore, and she was one of those weird turtles that craved a lot of affection. She loved to be pet under her chin and she looooved shrimp. I hope she's happy where she is now.
Right now we have three albino African pygmy hedgehogs. They are such amazing little creatures! We got them from a breeder so they are very social and love to cuddle. I also have two dogs, but they're not very unusual.

Kaosat--I love roaches! Unfortunately, I am deathly allergic to them. They give off a pheramone that I react to and when bitten could go into cardiac arrest. Luckily, we don't have very many where I live, but when I go to the states, I have to be very careful.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2012, 06:14:28 AM »
aww i love snails xD i wish I could different ones, but i just have mysteries.

oh man i had no end to weird pets when I was little, I lived on a lake (still do) and said lake is full of crocodile snapping turtles xD so they would come into our yard to lay eggs, I had one for a pet for a few years. Iv also had painted turtles, snails, raised tadpoles, hermit crabs, salamanders. all of these things (minus the crabs) are things id find in my yard xD
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2012, 07:11:12 AM »
I thought mine were a bit unusual until I read this thread. I've had snakes, rats and a ferret but they all seem completely normal compared to cockroaches.

My cat is very strange tho, as he thinks he's a dog.

SparklersOasis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2012, 07:30:03 AM »
Well at the moment, I have a cat (normal) a dog (which sounds normal, but she's a basset x  pit bull!) and two leopard geckos.  My oldest leo is 16-18 yrs, the bigger but younger is 7-9 yrs.  I had an 18ish year cockatiel that passed away a few months ago.  And of course and endless number of betta's.  My oldest betta died 6 months ago, I had him for 4 years!

I know they aren't pets, but I volunteered in a wildlife vet clinic for 3 years and part of that was daily care of our resident birds of prey.  When I was there, I took care of Nokomis the great horned owl, Odin the red tailed hawk, Susie the harris hawk, Penelope the eastern screech owl, Pistol the american kestrel, and Noel the northern saw-whet owl.  Let me tell you they can be quite a handful!  Nokomis would hoot at the person that opened the clinic up in the morning, and if you didn't hoot back he was cranky for the rest of the day!

Athena a few years before she passed away

My ancient leo, George

My basset x pit Dru, when you're legs are only a few inches tall, running can be difficult!

Nokomis, the resident great horned owl with an attitude!

I have a million more pictures, but I'll restrain myself!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal