collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are these ok to customize?  (Read 945 times)

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
Are these ok to customize?
« on: April 05, 2012, 11:44:07 PM »
Got these in a lot and was wondering if they are aceptable to customize? Their symbols are almost gone and the one has highlighter marks. (im not good at names)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Oh and the one on the top lft her sybols look ever fainter irl

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Are these ok to customize?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 11:54:29 PM »
  I'd go for it. They look pretty sad and I've seen a bunch around. They deserve new life! XD.  IMO

Offline gemini_pony

• Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 11:56:51 PM »
Thats what i was thinking, they need to be prettied up!

Offline balletpot

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Avatar: Childhood Bow-Tie in a new outfit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 01:31:21 AM »
If you're going to give Majesty (the one with blue hair) new hair, I'm interested in her tail. I have one with a trim that could use a new one.

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 06:16:18 AM »
 I would vote no.  They are all in lovely condition (those highlighter marks can be easily sunfaded) and still seem ver white.  The hair on them looks perfect too!  Reglittering a symbol is easy and fun.  They are all common, but they are also 25+ years old, so I think they deserve to be saved since the condition is still so nice.  Maybe you could trade them...are you interested in any other generation bait?  And thanks so much for asking people's opinions on this one. :)
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 06:33:58 AM »

I'd say yes on the blue pony for sure. as for the others...Are they all very white IRL? If so you might reconsider, as Cookhuman suggested they might make for better restores...I know of someone on here who's desperately been seeking a white Glory (top right) and I'd gladly trade you my yellowed Glory that's defineitly more bait material for a nice white one.. :biggrin:

Offline pop-girl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/mlppopgirl/pop-customs
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 06:49:36 AM »
I would vote no.  They are all in lovely condition (those highlighter marks can be easily sunfaded) and still seem ver white.  The hair on them looks perfect too!  Reglittering a symbol is easy and fun.  They are all common, but they are also 25+ years old, so I think they deserve to be saved since the condition is still so nice.  Maybe you could trade them...are you interested in any other generation bait?  And thanks so much for asking people's opinions on this one. :)

Agreed. I think they're better candidates for restore but the decision is yours. ;)
Love & Miss My Pony Peeps!  :lovey:

Offline gemini_pony

• Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 02:56:10 PM »
Hmm Im not sure...still. But let me tell you they are wayyyyyy more yellowish in real life. I really love thier hair and wanted to make the two unicorns (the ones in the same pose) into twins, lik make a new symbol for them nd such. I just would hate to post them here afterwards and make anyone mad at me :/ I figured they would be ok to work with sine shopgoodwill always has tons of these exact ponie......
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:57:51 PM by gemini_pony »

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 03:11:41 PM »
I would customize Majesty(light blue hair) and MoonDancer (maroon hair) since they both have marker and high lighter on them but the other two look good and just need a little symbol work.

Offline gemini_pony

• Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 03:42:40 PM »
Ok I have decided to just go ahead and customize them.....>.<; I hpe no one will be too upset over this! I just love their hair and eyes and want some customs for myself. Im going to take my time so I won't be destroying them.

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 05:23:23 PM »
Don't feel badly about customizing them!  They are all quite common and not in great condition.  Most people won't buy a pony like that for anything but peanuts, even if they might be restorable.  They are YOUR property, after all :).

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 08:15:53 PM »
Everyone made some very valid points for both sides, and in the end whatever you choose to do with them will be great!  Can't wait to see how they turn out! 

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 10:54:44 PM »
They really don't look too bad at all. They've still got hair and everything! I really hate to see G1s baited, even common ones. They'll never ever be made again, and each one that's baited means one fewer out there. I'd say definitely don't customize them, but it sounds like you've already made up your mind. If you decide that you don't need Glory, though, I'd be happy to buy or trade for her...she's my favorite pony, and I'd hate to see one that still looks that nice used as bait ;) If you decide to customize them anyway...good luck!

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 11:33:29 PM »
They really don't look too bad at all. They've still got hair and everything! I really hate to see G1s baited, even common ones. They'll never ever be made again, and each one that's baited means one fewer out there. I'd say definitely don't customize them, but it sounds like you've already made up your mind. If you decide that you don't need Glory, though, I'd be happy to buy or trade for her...she's my favorite pony, and I'd hate to see one that still looks that nice used as bait ;) If you decide to customize them anyway...good luck!

I agree with this. I don't like seeing G1's customized they're never going to be made again plus they're getting hard to find. But.. It's your decision.. Goodluck with the custom if you choose to.
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline Izrabeth

• Mrs Johnny Depp
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 01:07:42 AM »
I would go for a good restoration for them, I'm always agaisnt the customization of G1 ponies. They are old and I see them like something untouchable XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal