collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's Talk Game of Thrones  (Read 8406 times)

Offline MLPgal13

• Trade Count: (+123)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Thanks for my Avie Calico <3
    • View Profile
Let's Talk Game of Thrones
« on: March 21, 2012, 05:15:15 PM »
I just watched season 1 on HBO over the weekend and fell in love by the end of episode 1. I cannot believe I haven't discovered this show sooner! It's EPIC! I know I can't be the only person in love.

What do you love about it? Who are your favorite characters? What do you think will be happening in season 2?

Daenerys Targaryen is awesome and I can't wait to see what she does in season 2. I cried like a baby when Drogo fell ill and died. He was another one of my favorites followed by Robb Stark. April 1 can't come soon enough!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Re: Let's Talk Game of Thrones
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 05:33:06 PM »
Ugh!  I watched the first two episodes and I didn't follow the rest ... I really need to though!  I loved the books, and I loved what I saw.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 06:04:54 PM »
Never watched it. It seems popular though so I'm sure you'll find some fans soon!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »
oooh.... Hubs and I watched this, and we really liked it!  :blush:   Felt some stuff was a bit OTT and cheesy, but other stuff was just brilliant. I think one of my single fav moments **SPOILER ALERT** was when Daenerys's brother finally got his golden crown  ;)

Haven't read the books, so looking forward to next season... keen to see what becomes of Jon Snow and Arya, and really want to see that little twerp Joffrey get his comeuppance!!

oddish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 06:32:50 PM »
I love it. Watched the first season and was instantly hooked, then plowed through all five books within a few months. And they are huge books... but I could just not focus on anything else until I finished, it is insanely absorbing...

My favorite character is Arya, adore her. Daenerys is second, she is just plain awesome. And Brienne will be showing up in the coming season, and she's another favorite. Ha, realizing all my favorites are female, but this series does have a lot of awesome women, which I appreciate. All the characters are great really, even the hateable ones...

I know roughly what happens in the second season from reading the book, but they've said they are going in different directions so even if you have read them to not be too sure you know what's going to happen! Can't wait!

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 08:23:55 PM »
No love for Tyrion, lol? He's such a little smart-mouth, I love him! He and Arya are my favorites. Jamie is starting to grow on me and I like Jon a lot, too. I've read the books so I'm mostly going off them if you're wondering how anyone could like Jamie XD

I'm almost halfway through the first season of the show, my husband and I are watching them on Netflix. I thought the opening was so clever how they made it look like a game board. The casting was phenomenal, the costumes are gorgeous and I love the sets. I'm a bit of a costumer so I pay special attention to the costumes. So much of it looks hand made, it's really impressive. If you look at the characters when they do closeups you can see the hand stitching and detailing that went into them. <3

Also, I wanna reach into the television and grab Joffrey by his throat  :lookround:

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 08:32:57 PM »
OMG! How could I have forgotten about Tyrion! You're totally right, he is one of the BEST characters! Just lurve his hearing scene at the eyrie (I think it's called that, if I remember right!)

And yes... the costumes - so cool :thumb:   We loved the opening sequence too... every now I then I hum that gallant tune  :blush:

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 09:12:23 PM »
YAY!!!! Game of Thrones/ASoIaF fans!!! Any conspiracy theorists here? I'd especially love to know what people think of the very end of ADoD. I can't decide exactly what I think, although:

spoiler all books

Spoiler
I am almost certain Jon isn't dead. I think he either will come back as a warg and rule that way, or will come back as a wight and will rule that way. I also subscribe to a theory that he's a Targaryen and is the rightful heir to the throne..lemme know if you're interested in that one and I can elaborate :P

But ya...I think (or hope, maybe) he'll probably end up either turned into a wight or in someone else's body, and then will become the king of the seven kingdoms.

I think my favorite characters are Tyrion and Dany, although I love Jon and Sam and a couple other characters who haven't been introduced in the series. One of the things I love about the series is that there are very few completely bad guys (the two I can think of off the top of my head are Cersei and Joffrey - but even there, Joffrey just a spoiled little prick, and Cersei

spoiler ADoD
Spoiler
seems like she may actually be redeeming herself.)

Other than that, most of the characters have their own reasons and redeeming qualities, which I think is so cool. Plus it makes it so hard to pick a side!! Do I root for the Targs, or the Starks, or for Tyrion or Varys...

Also, let's please try to be careful about spoilers. :lovey:

Oh, and sorry if I've rambled; I love these books and really love talking about them!! My boyfriend is currently fiddle-farting his way through the third book and hasn't yet read

spoiler Swords
Spoiler
The Red Wedding

so I can't really talk about anything with him!!

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 10:58:18 PM »
I thought the Series was really well done considering how hefty the book is. We're re-watching the series right now. I hope there is a way to watch the new season on instant viewing or on iTunes.

Haven't gotten through ADwD since I got a little frustrated with some of the perspectives. I want to know what's happening with everyone!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 01:57:26 AM »
Love it!! watched it a while ago now so can't really remember the names. I like the dwarf character, he's got a real indepth pain in the butt kind of personality
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline Alrak

• Wicked Pony of the West
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 03:51:14 AM »
My favourites are Jon, Dany, Jamie and Arya <3 and my house of course is the Targaryens. I read the books in 2 months while working 12 h a day so, sorry if I spell anything wrong.

The only book i didnt read is a dance with dragons because is not in spanish yet and Im afraid of big words, I had to use a dictionary while reading in spanish, so... (mostly middle ages building and war equipment).

Spoiler
How else think that Jon's parents are... special^^? And that is not Ed's son?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 03:56:39 AM by Alrak »

Offline MLPgal13

• Trade Count: (+123)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Thanks for my Avie Calico <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 05:07:38 AM »
I'm embarrassed to say I haven't read any of the books  :blush: There has been very few books in my life that has sucked me into their stories. One of the only series I've read was Eragon.

I wish I could pick up a book like many other I know and just be consumed by the story, but I rarely ever do.  :(

I've been watching one or two episodes a night on HBO OnDemand. I'm thinking I'll be doing the same all day Sunday, leading up to the premier.

Oh and the intro! Yes it's pretty awesome. I find it very powerful. The compass and the way you can hear the flames and heat - if that makes any sense...

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 09:30:57 AM »
I love it. Watched the first season and was instantly hooked, then plowed through all five books within a few months. And they are huge books... but I could just not focus on anything else until I finished, it is insanely absorbing...
This happened to me too, I think I'm going to have to wait until I finish university before reading Dance with Dragons, I just get so into it! x)

Game of Thrones is amazing, and the series has really captured the spirit of the books without leaving out anything important or dumbing it down in the least, I can very much recommend that you read the books if you have the time.
As to favourite characters, I think it's a bit weird that I'm so obsessed with Littlefinger - he's just so evil, I love him  :blush:

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 07:07:11 PM »
GoT is just plain AWESOME!!! I got the DVD set of Season 1 the day it was released.....watched it all in a matter of a couple days!
Not sure if any of you have been on this site (which Mandy referred me to) but there's something new on it daily! Lots of info:
http://winteriscoming.net/

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 07:24:57 PM »
Pretty much every single one of my friends is obsessed with this after I suggested they read it. I too plowed through all 5 books and am eagerly awaiting the second season!

Spoiler
I really really hope Jon isn't dead, although I have a feeling he's screwed. Curse George RR Martins willingness to kill his characters!! If Ghost managed to live he'll at least be alive in Ghost.  :huh:  I think there was some foreshadowing when that other warg died and now lives in his wolf.

I also think Jon is most definitely the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, and in that case, wouldn't he be the second head of the dragon? And Aegon is the third? Although Jon did get burned in the fire, and Daenerys clearly states at one point that fire can't burn a dragon.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal