collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Interest: Sisterhood of the Travelling Ponies  (Read 10631 times)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Re: Interest: Sisterhood of the Travelling Ponies
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2012, 07:49:13 PM »
Great idea, kittykat!  I can take mine to a roleplaying game!  The guys and girls there alreay know I am a MLP freak.  XDDD  And..>SPACE!  YAY!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2012, 07:58:54 PM »
Still working on details with Jupi... just sent her another message. Hopefully finalized soon. Get those ponies ready to travel :)

Sounds great, hyenacub! What happened to my ball of stamps?? ;) jk Is the Pony Express station too far from you?

Varkolak, Dollar General sounds fun, which part of Iowa are you in? ish? Iowa has Freedom Rock, The Field of Dreams, the Mississippi River, Jethro's BBQ (on Man vs. Food), Lost Island water park and TONS of haunted places! Are you near any of these? I am now going to google weird places.

Post Merge: March 26, 2012, 10:24:41 AM

Wait a minute. Iowa has tons of cool, random stuff. That axe murder house is cool, there's Albert the Bull, the World's largest strawberry, the future birthplace of  Captain Kirk, birthplace of John Wayne, the World's Crookedest street, TRAINLAND USA!? (sorry, my son LOVES trains and that sounds amazing), Buddy Holly crash site, Hobo Museum! (lol, Areas of my expertise fans), the Largest revolving Jail, American Gothic house, a meteorite, there are so many! Of course, I don't know where you are exactly.
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/location/ia

i'm in creston, which is about an hour from the axe murder house (my old town)
i got connections though, so i can go on a tour and maybe get some ghosty orbs in pics with ponies!!!
my grandpa was chief of police there for a super long time, and he's been in there countless times. the owner just passed away though, but they're still keeping it running. one of the staff psychic's comes into my store all the time to shop lol she's pretty nice.

i think i've been to the john wayne birth place, if i'm not mistaken, that's in clarenda. i go to that town quite frequently. its about 10-15 minutes from villisca (axe murder house)

i've seen the bull before! he was at the county fair. i felt bad for him though, they kept him tied down the whole day, everyday the fair was open. :( his mouth was tied shut too.
my aunt has a bull though, he's not as big though. but his name is herbert. XD maybe he'd sit still long enough for me to take some pics with ponies. i just can't go into his area though, he's a mean one when you get inside the fence.
i used to live right near the river you mentioned, it flooded the entire town once. they had to bring in boats!! we moved though, just in time because a couple months later, a tornado hit that house.

toralei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2012, 09:52:28 PM »
...are we sharing special things near us right now? The town I live in has the oldest wooden frame house in America. I also live across the street from a very old graveyard which some may find grim, but it's rather scenic and interesting! Especially looking at gravestone "fads" across the centuries.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2012, 10:08:59 PM »
That sounds really cool, toerlei!  Is there a website with that house on it?

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

reyl

« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2012, 09:06:43 AM »
...are we sharing special things near us right now? The town I live in has the oldest wooden frame house in America. I also live across the street from a very old graveyard which some may find grim, but it's rather scenic and interesting! Especially looking at gravestone "fads" across the centuries.

I love old graveyards and gravestones! That would be a cool photo spot :)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2012, 10:40:30 AM »
Kittykat, that's a great idea!

Hyenacub, now worries, I was just messin with ya. That zoo does sound cool and taking my pony on a storm chase would rock, even if it didn't pan out into anything interesting. I've always wanted to go on a stormchase, and I can only afford to live vicariously through my pony.

Torelei, I LOVE graveyards. I love spooky/paranormal stuff. I love history too. I also love random stuff. I just love travelling and I can't right now, so anywhere would rock.

Varkolak, that is so sad about the bull :( If you could swing the axe murder house I would love you forever. :) But really, I just love the idea of travelling through the eyes of my pony, so it's all good.

Everypony:  :grouphug:
No word yet from Jupi. I did look up 'Wierd Tourist Attractions in Portland' and discovered that we have the World's smallest park. It's like this little circle that's 2' in diameter and has a tiny tree. I thought it would be hilarious to pose all our ponies in the tiny park for a group pic. lol.

I also discovered that there's a specialty movie rental store called Movie Madness that I've always wanted to go to. I love rare, old movies. Anyway, I read that they have awesome original movie props like "the" knife used by Norman Bates in "Psycho". I am so there.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:43:41 AM by Salli »

reyl

« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2012, 11:11:27 AM »
If people don't live near tourist attractions, or if that sort of thing is not within their ability, there are lots of fun things they could do at home. Like set the ponies up having a movie night, tea party, gaming night or sleepover,  visiting the host's ponies. There's lots of room for creativity even if folks can't go out and do touristy things.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2012, 11:40:21 PM »
Well, the point of this is to do the touristy things, even if they are smallish... [wait for it...]...
However, since we are going to be switching to the 'you-are-in-charge-of-your-own-vacation-trade' you can do whatever you want, just please make sure that if you don't plan on doing the tourist attractions please make sure you advertise that this is your plan :) I was planning on doing 'homebound' things as well as the touristy stuff.

If you don't think you live near anything interesting, try Googling your town, ask around, or check your local library. Also try doing a search for 'Weird Tourist Attractions' for your town. This is not only a great opportunity to get to know fellow pony-collectors from all over the world and travel vicariously through your pony, but a great excuse to explore your own locale. I had no idea that a local video store had the knife prop used in Psycho, or the world's smallest park. My search also turned up things I knew about but forgot about because I live here.

p.s. no word yet from the mods as per my latest round of fine-tuning, stay tuned :)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2012, 12:19:03 AM »
The world's smallest park amuses the hell out of me.  What's the point?  LOL  And can it  REALLY be called  a park?  XD

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2012, 02:52:19 AM »
well, it is not just about landmarks anymore? ;)
little couriosities count too?
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2012, 10:29:34 AM »
Hyenacub: That's Portland for you. [rolls eyes] Nevermind that we have a huge problem with homelessness, unemployment and human trafficking, lets' blow $ on the world's smallest park. Idiots. However, it does sound like the perfect pony photo-op.

Emuel: if my new plan gets approved then anyone can participate, you just advertise and run your own 'temporary swap' with whatever landmarks/local sites you want to. I do have to say that places in Germany that might seem mundane to you would probably seem cool to me and most Americans. :)

Offline threezie45

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2012, 11:21:45 AM »
Hyenacub: That's Portland for you. [rolls eyes] Nevermind that we have a huge problem with homelessness, unemployment and human trafficking, lets' blow $ on the world's smallest park. Idiots. However, it does sound like the perfect pony photo-op.

^This! *shakes head* I'd love to do this, but I live in Oregon too, and little old McMinnville won't do much for you- T_T But I am going up to Tacoma this Friday... What do you think? :)

I am most active at the MLPTP under the username *Paradise Island*. Here is the link to my feedback there: http://www.mlptp.net/index.php?members/paradise-island.11692/

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2012, 11:42:34 AM »
I think most cities will blow taxpayers' money on pointless crap when there is better stuff to spend it on.  But at least they're interesting sometimes.  lol

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2012, 09:21:25 AM »
Hi threezie! McMinnville has the Evergreen Air and Space Museum doesn't it? Pony with THE Spruce Goose? I LOVE it!! I hadn't even thought of that. Not to mention MARS rovers, rockets, tanks, replicas of early planes/concept stuff, including DaVinci's wings.

Are you moving to Tacoma?

Offline threezie45

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2012, 09:30:43 AM »
Hi threezie! McMinnville has the Evergreen Air and Space Museum doesn't it? Pony with THE Spruce Goose? I LOVE it!! I hadn't even thought of that. Not to mention MARS rovers, rockets, tanks, replicas of early planes/concept stuff, including DaVinci's wings.

Are you moving to Tacoma?

Yeah, I thought of that. I guess it would work!

I'm not moving, my family and I are going there for a few days for vacation so I thought that might be ok, but we're leaving tomorrow, so that wouldn't work. Maybe I could bring my own ponies and take some pics with them?
I am most active at the MLPTP under the username *Paradise Island*. Here is the link to my feedback there: http://www.mlptp.net/index.php?members/paradise-island.11692/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal