collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Interest: Sisterhood of the Travelling Ponies  (Read 10796 times)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: Interest: Sisterhood of the Travelling Ponies
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2012, 04:19:13 PM »
Varkolak, that was the original plan, but the mods are worried about ponies getting lost. And yes, it is more expensive, but less risky and allows more people to participate.

Here's how it might work.
Option 1, The individual swap:
Pony A
Pony B

A to B's owner
B to A's owner

Then the ponies are sent home to their owners. In this case, the hosts would pay to ship whichever pony they are shipping off, this way, each person pays to ship each pony once.
Then if you want her to travel again, you do:

Pony A
Pony C

A to C's owner
C to A's owner

Then the ponies are sent back to their owners.  And so on however and wherever you want to go.

Option 2, the herd visit:
Hostess A says "Hey, I live in Paris and am going to visit the Eiffel Tower! I have 5 slots open for visiting ponies." Then they fill up the slots.
Pony A
Pony B
Pony C
Pony D
Pony E

A,B,C,D, and E go to the pony hostess A in Paris, she takes them and gets pix of them with the sites then pops them in the mail back home. In this case the owners of the ponies A-E would pay to ship their ponies there and back. (Unless otherwise arranged privately.)

Now, if the pony owners decide they want to then send them to Rome to Pony B's owner, I can't stop you ;) It would have to be done on PM or emailing probably and not through a thread.
Did that make any sense? I'm not the greatest at explaining things.

Hyenacub: you brought up the zoo first, so you are ok with the zoo ;) lol. Really though, I looked it up and it really is supposed to be the best zoo ever. Also, Nebraska is home to the original Pony Express station. That would be seriously cool.  There's the Buffalo Bill ranch, Carhenge, and the World's largest ball of stamps! Are you close-ish to any of these?

This is a great way to not only make friends and get to know the world better through our pony-friends, but a great excuse to visit places in our own regions that we haven't been to, or want to go to again.

Does anyone live near a ghost-town?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:23:29 PM by Salli »

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2012, 04:27:49 PM »
Also, Nebraska is home to the original Pony Express station

O_o  It is?  :lmao:  I didn't know.  XD  I'd have to see how far outside of Omaha that is.  C:   

Though for people sending out of country...it might be better if They sent to, say, Paris, then Paris sends to Madrid, and Madrid send to Germany..but I guess that is too close to the ogiringal plan, huh?  But isn't in-country post more reliable than internation mail?  The less international mailing, one might think, the safer the pony. 

As for herd visits, that sound like the most efficient...especially if the hosts are going to travel a bit to get the pics.

I really do like this idea, however it works out.  Just lemme know how and when we're gonna work it out and I'm in. C:

I know Arizona tends to have a lot of ghost towns but I haven't lived there in forever.  :C  If anyone lived near Pripyat--THAT would be an awesome set of pictures!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2012, 04:42:53 PM »
What?! You mean you are not impressed with the world's biggest ball of stamps!? I love weird stuff like that.

I agree with y'all. I think sending it from one place to the other is cheaper/more efficient/etc. But I don't blame the mods for being worried about lost ponies. It's no fun when one person ruins a community for a bunch or people.

I want to do the herd thing too, at least for big stuff. Maybe do some individual swaps in between. Right now I want to go ANYWHERE because it's freezing, raining and due to snow  :mad: . It rarely snows here in January, let alone late March. I am sooooo ready for spring.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2012, 04:53:43 PM »
Banditpony: The original idea was for 8 people, and as for the sending one pony all over, that was tried some time ago by someone else and didn't pan out, I started this hoping to send my ponysona pony out and getting other people's ponies to take all over. If anyone wants to try to do the 1-travelling-pony please feel free to and start a new thread to gauge interest. I'm sure people would be :)

Oh I thought they weren't interested in a large chain. I thought they were fine with a smaller one . (and would be cool to have multiple smaller ones, for many ppl to participate). Ah well.

:3 no point to do two similar things tho. I wouldn't be able to afford shipping something multiple times, and I doubt too many people would be interested in my city, even tho I could get some neat things. ^__^ will be fun to watch everyone else though.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 05:15:58 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

KiwiSquirtBottle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2012, 05:00:02 PM »
What is this.... snow?

In Texas, we have hot and warm. The end. :D

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2012, 05:03:16 PM »
Yeah I'd totally put little mementos of the places the pony was at to send back.  I could do five.  How shall this be organized?

lol  I can find info on the ball of stamps.  ; )  We also have Rosenblatt Stadium, which is right across the street from the zoo and which won't be there for much longer lol

Someone in Las Vegas totally has to take pics with all the mini monuments, and the Luxor, and all that.  XD

Evil!  D:  Jealous here.  I have Nebraska weather.  lol

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2012, 06:12:02 AM »
I would be up for being a uk host:) x

reyl

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2012, 08:11:15 AM »
Hi! I live in Ottawa, Canada. I'd be willing to host groups or individual ponies, and take their photos at the Parliament Buildings. Other bonus Ottawa sites probably available, we're big for tourism. The Canadian Tulip Festival is coming up May 4-21, and is a great photo opportunity. The only type of swap I'm not interested in is the big circle one, where I'd have to ship ponies every week. That seems too expensive.

I think it would be fun to have a "hosting pony" at my house, and make a photo album of all the pony friends that come and visit her. If ponies visiting can come with a little bio or something I can add, it would make hosting much more attractive!

Feel free to add me to a list of destinations or PM me :) I'm new to the forums and looking for ways to build feedback etc. so I can do more swaps!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2012, 10:50:05 AM »
Gotcha on the list, Reyl.

I still haven't heard back from Jupi about the new plan, I will be typing up a the plan with the new revisions and PM it to all the mods to see if we get a response.

Don't worry, I got everyone's names down (and this new way there will be no more monopolies on regions so everyone can participate). Hopefully we can start the ball officially rolling next week.

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2012, 04:53:50 PM »
Another interesting bit - I guess there's about 3 of us in this thread in the RI/MA area, and it could probably also work for us to meet up and ship one pony package with all of our ponies to other folks as a group.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2012, 06:57:55 PM »
This will be fun!  XD  And it's nice out now so I will be going lots of places.  So on my list to take oics with:

Henry Doorly Zoo--definitely in the rainforest and outside the desert dome.

Hummel Park--a place that's supposed to be haunted and has interesting tales associated with it.

Fontenelle Forest maybe

The Old Market--old shops and brick roads...very cool

With a storm cell--weather cooperation pending XD

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2012, 06:08:17 AM »
i could take a pony to work with me... not that dollar general is anything special. XD

iowa just doesn't have much.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2012, 10:06:29 AM »
Still working on details with Jupi... just sent her another message. Hopefully finalized soon. Get those ponies ready to travel :)

Sounds great, hyenacub! What happened to my ball of stamps?? ;) jk Is the Pony Express station too far from you?

Varkolak, Dollar General sounds fun, which part of Iowa are you in? ish? Iowa has Freedom Rock, The Field of Dreams, the Mississippi River, Jethro's BBQ (on Man vs. Food), Lost Island water park and TONS of haunted places! Are you near any of these? I am now going to google weird places.

Post Merge: March 26, 2012, 10:24:41 AM

Wait a minute. Iowa has tons of cool, random stuff. That axe murder house is cool, there's Albert the Bull, the World's largest strawberry, the future birthplace of  Captain Kirk, birthplace of John Wayne, the World's Crookedest street, TRAINLAND USA!? (sorry, my son LOVES trains and that sounds amazing), Buddy Holly crash site, Hobo Museum! (lol, Areas of my expertise fans), the Largest revolving Jail, American Gothic house, a meteorite, there are so many! Of course, I don't know where you are exactly.
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/location/ia
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:24:41 AM by Salli »

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2012, 05:06:57 PM »
Actually the ball of stamps is right in Omaha so I can do that!  I didn't know Boys Town had a museum lol  I'm afraid Gothenburg is a bit far.  It's more than halfway across the state.  Sorry!  D:  But if anyone has any requests in or around Omaha, I'll do it.  C:  I can try to find *a* pony express station in Omaha.  I might get lucky.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:15:23 PM by hyenacub »

kittykat7

« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2012, 06:03:37 PM »
In addition to Disney World I can also take any pony to the beach.  I live right by world famous Cocoa Beach... I also have Nasa not too far away I can get some pictures of space stuff.  There is an I Dream of Jeannie (it was filmed nearby) road around me too I can try to get a picture with... I say try because it is actually way up higher than a normal street sign.  I have swamps too, I am NOT willing to get close enough to a gator but I can take a picture of the pony by a swamp. 

I think it would also be cool if we take pictures of the ponies doing something special to each host.  Like, for example I play disc golf so I could take a pony out to the course with me and get a picture of the ponies in a disc golf basket. 

I am going to be working on a personalized G4 soon for traveling!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal