collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: De-flocked Bangles?? (added my piccie)  (Read 5699 times)

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
Re: De-flocked Bangles??
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 09:27:19 PM »
OMG delocked crumpet!!!!!????
she is the ONLY US pony still on my wishlist!!!!
sooo jealous!!
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline mayanbutterfly

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+146)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Mayanbutterfly's Custom My Little Ponies and More!
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 09:46:41 PM »
OMG!  Those deflocked ponies are so pretty!  But my favorite ponies of all time are the S-Softs!

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 09:58:54 PM »
OMG delocked crumpet!!!!!????
she is the ONLY US pony still on my wishlist!!!!
sooo jealous!!

I had to search for quite awhile to find one with poor enough flocking for it.  She was my set completer, and I was terrified I would damage her during the deflock.  Thankfully, she cooperated and turned out really well. 

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

ladybrooklyn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 10:03:46 PM »
I just recently finished my deflock collection.  I never found oxyclean very helpful and wasn't able to find Jasco; so I just used a very hot water to get rid of most of the flocking and pure acetone and rubbing alcohol (for painted areas) for the glue residue. 

FANTASTIC job!!! they are GREAT!

Question on the Alcohol... does it really take the glue/flocking off... without damaging the paint!? I think I'll go get some of that tomorrow... for Ribbon #2! :lol:

How hard is it to GET that glue off with the alcohol!? Is there a SPECIFIC alcohol I should use??

Maaaaan! My Flockie Twist doesn't stand a CHANCE! I think she might get deflocked here soon... :whoa: Or I'll have to FIND one to deflock!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:08:18 PM by ladybrooklyn »

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 10:05:05 PM »
I have a similar fear with my SS angel. She needs to be deflocked, but I'm scared. My other deflocks were ponies that I didn't mind if they got damaged, and they turned out fine. But then I tried to deflock Twist, and it was a disaster... so now I'm scared to try again with Angel D:

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 10:22:20 PM »
It really depends on the individual pony.  I've had some where the flocking just peeled off with hot water and it hardly took any effort at all to get the rest of the glue off.  Then others were so stubborn I would give up on them for a time and come back in a few days to try again.  I did one Truly that I was never able to get the residue off of and ended up selling her as bait. 

You have to scrub a bit more with the alcohol.  I keep checking to make sure I'm not taking off any paint, but it worked on most of the ones I used it on without any damage at all.  I did find that the white paint came off easier than other colors.  In fact, I think that's the only color I noticeably damaged on any of mine.  My Ribbon only has a small smudge but then she was one of the ones with the flocking that peeled off easily.  I've got a second Ribbon in progress where the flocking doesn't want to come off at all and it's taking the paint up with it when it does.

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

ladybrooklyn

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 10:56:33 PM »
*nod* yeah... most of the flocking came off fairly easily on my 1st Ribbon. And once I got down to the last bit of glue residue left... it started taking the white with it, no matter how lightly I scrubbed.

Granted... I was using acetone, nailpolish remover... and diluting both with a touch of water...

I'll have to get me some alcohol tomorrow... to see if it moves the second gal along. :D

This thread inspired me to do a bit more deflocking tonight... :lol: I pulled my Wind Whistler (who was the first pony I picked up to deflock. I stalled on her tho, she's been in my box for a few months...) And now she's a good 90% deflocked! WOOHOO!!!

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2012, 10:58:00 AM »
breyer, that Crumpet is to DIE for!   :shocked:
Twist looks beautiful too. :3
I'm in the middle of deflocking Magic Star & Paradise myself. Magic was easy enough, but P's glue is being very stubborn. D:
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

ladybrooklyn

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2012, 04:20:19 PM »
OMG! Thank you SO much for mentioning Alcohol for the painted areas!!! :frolic:

I got my some 91% Isopropl Alcohol... and with a bit of elbow grease... Ribbon's DS symbol is now glue free! :cheer:

You probably saved me 3 or more days of very careful acetone work... Woohoo!!! Now she should be done (if her face cooperates...) by the end of the day! :happy:

Gotta mention tho (and yes, I know I SHOULD be wearing gloves... but I can't STAND to have my fingers restricted...) but... OUCH does it hurt when you get Alcohol... and even a little acetone... in minor cuts under your finger nails... O.o

Online Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2012, 09:00:48 PM »
I just recently finished my deflock collection.  I never found oxyclean very helpful and wasn't able to find Jasco; so I just used a very hot water to get rid of most of the flocking and pure acetone and rubbing alcohol (for painted areas) for the glue residue. 

OMG your ponies are beautiful! I am working on a set of deflocks. Did you just use regular rubbing alcohol around the eyes? I think it's like, 70%? I tried the 91% as suggested in some tutorial somewhere but it still took off eye paint (but not symbols), so I was going to try just very hot water but I don't know if that would do the trick.
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2012, 09:09:04 PM »

This is my dream!!! I want one set of each!!! ^_^ plus chilhood ponies... they dont count.  ^_^  hee hee  they are sooo beautiful!
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

ladybrooklyn

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2012, 09:21:16 PM »

OMG your ponies are beautiful! I am working on a set of deflocks. Did you just use regular rubbing alcohol around the eyes? I think it's like, 70%? I tried the 91% as suggested in some tutorial somewhere but it still took off eye paint (but not symbols), so I was going to try just very hot water but I don't know if that would do the trick.

I just bought 91% Alcohol today... and I've been rubbing on Northstar, Ribbon AND Wind Whistler's eyes pretty good (as well as their symbols). As far as I could tell... the alcohol didn't affect the paint at all.

I'm also using circular cotton "pads"... rather than cotton balls... with a few q-tips for in between their eyebrows & eyes etc.... ;)

Northstar is the only one left with any flock on her! She's definately proving to be the most stubborn so far!

Quill

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2012, 12:11:08 AM »

:faint: :dribble: Those are freaking gorgeous!! I can't stop staring! Somebody better hide my three so-softs because after seeing this, I don't know if I can stop myself from releasing them from their fur coats.  :P

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2012, 06:24:55 AM »

wow! they all look so nice without the flocking!

lol i'm jealous of everyone who shared pictures in this thread.... my only deflock is a shady and i wasnt even the one who deflocked her :P although i rehaired her. she was bald XD
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2012, 07:29:54 AM »
My goodness breyer600 - they are gorgeous! I need to deflock my poor Twist, she's in horrible flocking that needs to be shed.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal