collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can I vent for a moment please?  (Read 12447 times)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Can I vent for a moment please?
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2012, 12:43:38 PM »
Those prices, what?!
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2012, 01:15:10 PM »
Ok, so I've been getting kind of exasperated trying to win auctions from this one particular seller. The same bidder snipes every single auction this seller has run that I have bid on over the past two weeks or so. I just went back and looked at the final price of some of the ponies:

$39 for Glory
$33 for Lickety Split
$83 for Tales Melody
$51 for TAF Merriweather
$87 for TAF Buttons (I got into a bidding war over this one lol, I couldn't believe the final price)

I think this person is either Mariah Carey or about to flip out when she realizes how much she overpaid for these ponies. The ponies were M-NM but still, this is craziness.

:drunk:  I think I should post my extras on ebay and take a risk with them!  Are they all from the same seller?  It wasn't shill bidding was it?

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2012, 01:38:07 PM »
Ok, so I've been getting kind of exasperated trying to win auctions from this one particular seller. The same bidder snipes every single auction this seller has run that I have bid on over the past two weeks or so. I just went back and looked at the final price of some of the ponies:

$39 for Glory
$33 for Lickety Split
$83 for Tales Melody
$51 for TAF Merriweather
$87 for TAF Buttons (I got into a bidding war over this one lol, I couldn't believe the final price)

I think this person is either Mariah Carey or about to flip out when she realizes how much she overpaid for these ponies. The ponies were M-NM but still, this is craziness.

:drunk:  I think I should post my extras on ebay and take a risk with them!  Are they all from the same seller?  It wasn't shill bidding was it?

Yep, always the same seller. I mean, they could be doing this with other sellers on ponies I haven't bid on, so I wouldn't know. I'm doubting that it was shill bidding; there has been plenty of legitimate interest in this seller's ponies because they are all in great condition, and I did win a few before this person got involved. This person never bids early on, just snipes in the last 3 seconds with an obscenely high bid (over $100 probably, based on the TAF Buttons auction).

Offline Napper

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2012, 05:31:38 PM »
Babystarz -  if it makes you feal better I've got a TAF Buttons for sale and I promise not to charge you $87 for her. ;)

In fact I have most of them, and even seeing they sold for that much I find it hard to believe someone had the audacity to charge it( and someone paid it)!

My Sale List

cesprins

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2012, 05:34:33 PM »
$39 for glory???? The heck.

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2012, 05:35:30 PM »
Whoa that price for TAF Buttons is insane! I've seen one on the NZ auction site for around $25-$30 NZD though.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2012, 02:59:18 AM »

$39 for Glory
$33 for Lickety Split
$83 for Tales Melody
$51 for TAF Merriweather

:shocked:
Quick, everyone! Grab ahold of the spares! To eBay!  :silly:

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2012, 07:18:09 PM »
I quit looking at ebay for ponies recently as the prices are crazy.  I only started collecting in August, and they were never that high.  It seemed to happen around Christmas, and hasn't gone back down.  I have been looking for other items on there instead, but still can't seem to get myself to hit the buy it now button.  Silly me.  Ebay makes me feel guilty for some reason.

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2012, 07:35:58 PM »
those crazy ebay prices allllmost make me wanna part with a few of my duplicates      *eyes unintentional  Sundance army and  all the common ponies waiting in my restoration box *  :P  :silly: 
really though it can be frustrating to look on ebay these days. Yes you can still get a good deal there, but not nearly so often as you see ponies waaaay overpriced  :yikes:  I prefer to buy from Arena members  :heart:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2012, 07:53:30 PM »
Those eBay prices make me LOL sometimes. I can't believe some of the sellers would even feel someone would buy the ponies at some of the prices they come up with.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2012, 08:10:31 PM »
I don't think a lot of the outrageously overpriced eBay merchandise actually sells.  I see so much of it relisted again and again.  These sellers just have a lot of time and patience apparently. 

I *really* don't like all the overpriced BIN accessories.  They are the worst.  Some sellers list every tiny thing separately and for some ridiculous price--as in a Show Stable trough for $9.99 or a "rare" Dream Castle throne for $19.99. 

I really wish eBay would allow users to click an "x" by any given auction to hide it from view--kind of like how you can hide posts on your Facebook newsfeed. 
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2012, 08:14:22 PM »
I don't think a lot of the outrageously overpriced eBay merchandise actually sells.  I see so much of it relisted again and again.  These sellers just have a lot of time and patience apparently. 

I *really* don't like all the overpriced BIN accessories.  They are the worst.  Some sellers list every tiny thing separately and for some ridiculous price--as in a Show Stable trough for $9.99 or a "rare" Dream Castle throne for $19.99. 

I really wish eBay would allow users to click an "x" by any given auction to hide it from view--kind of like how you can hide posts on your Facebook newsfeed. 

You'd be surprised...  I've googled certain ponies that I'm looking for, then hit "completed auctions" to see how much they've sold for recently and it's amazing how high some of them go.  And those sellers who overcharge an arm and a leg...check their completed auctions too.  All it takes is one or two of their items to sell for them to make a heck of a profit.  A lot of times I cringe at what they charge, and the fact that collectors are paying. :yikes:

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2012, 08:47:13 PM »
Just bought some ponies from evilbay and it took me hours and hours searching for something that wasn't overpriced.

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2012, 08:49:22 PM »
ValeofSpring I totally know what you mean. I think there must be something about bidding in an auction against others that makes people spend more money. Not everyone, but apparently enough people that this kind of thing has been happening a lot lately. But if you just price something ridiculously high without letting people bid it up, it won't sell for a long time, if ever.

And cloud_weaver yes, I think  some people are desperate or haven't found the pony forums so they're willing to pay :P

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2012, 09:26:56 PM »
I think the combination of g4 popularity + less g1s on the market + people with tax refunds to spend might have caused sellers to raise their prices, thinking they can get more money and some buyers willing to pay an arm and a leg for common ponies that usually sell for a lot less.

Hopefully, this will calm down soon.  The g1 market may remain smaller as less and less people clean out their basement/attic/toy box but I still think the g4 buzz is more or less a passing fad.  And sooner or later people will stop having their tax refunds to spend and maybe the market will slow down a little.

In the meanwhile, I'll stick to the Arena.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal