collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wedding Ponies Already?!  (Read 11416 times)

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
Re: Wedding Ponies Already?!
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2012, 09:31:17 AM »
i called the nearest kmart and they said if i bring the ponies there, they will refund my money! so at least i can get my money back pretty easily. i think i'll just set the money aside and wait for hasbro to list them for sale, and order them all at once that way.

but as everyone was saying, kmart will not send you these ponies, so beware if you order!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Okiedokieloki

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2012, 10:55:07 AM »
The wedding castle and such are supposed to come out in spring, and spring is very soon (starts in April doesn't it?), while the white Celestia, Nightmare Moon, etc come out in fall. I'm not at all surprised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGi3eHemaiI&list=UUiFpf-gmGbpL-D1ito62uZg&index=8&feature=plcp

First thing the rep has to say is about how the wedding stuff won't be until fall.

So if kmart is saying they have the bridesmaids I wouldn't trust it

on facebook they had a sign with the wedding castle and shining armor and princess cadence, that said save the date. spring 2012. or something like that. there's no way it's waiting until fall to come out, i keep seeing over and over on facebook pony pages that it says spring.

Just struck me right now, when they say "Save the date, Spring 2012" they're probably referring to the FIM season 2 finale, NOT the toy line.

Offline Varkolak

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2012, 06:11:22 AM »
i emailed someone from kmart, i'm not sure who it was, i think someone from corporate, and they gave me  FULL REFUND online within the next day, and told me keep the ponies as an apology!!!!!!!

WHAT!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! i got $40 worth of free ponies!!?!?!?!?!? ARE THEY INSANE!?!!?!?!? :O :D :D :D

i feel i should still take them to the store, its quite a bit of money :/

cesprins

« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2012, 08:05:30 AM »
i emailed someone from kmart, i'm not sure who it was, i think someone from corporate, and they gave me  FULL REFUND online within the next day, and told me keep the ponies as an apology!!!!!!!

WHAT!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! i got $40 worth of free ponies!!?!?!?!?!? ARE THEY INSANE!?!!?!?!? :O :D :D :D

Nice! That's very generous of them... but considering the mistake they made it seems appropriate.

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2012, 08:19:52 AM »

Nice! That's very generous of them... but considering the mistake they made it seems appropriate.
Indeed!

I personally would just keep them, perhaps donate them to a shelter so some kids would get them.. I personally can't stand to see a company that's wronged probably so many people over false advertising like this. I've had so many horrible experiences with KMart over the years though, so perhaps my bias towards the company is showing xD;.  Like once my fiance and I went in and he found a Star Wars set that interested him so he went to go buy it and it wasn't in the system and the manager told him he couldn't have it despite there being an entire shelf full of them.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2012, 08:54:43 AM »
Man, I kinda want to order them now and cancel them to see if I can get $40 worth of free ponies. XD I don't think I could be that sneaky though and live with my conscience. But so tempting!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Varkolak

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2012, 12:42:36 PM »
i sat and thought about this all day thinking "D: THESE GUILT PONIES ARE JUST SITTING THERE! was i too mean in my email???? did i hurt the lady or man's feelings?! i feel so bad!!! T-T free ponies have never made me feel sooo baaaad" they even told me if i order from them again, to email them and they'd give me free shipping on whatever it is.
maybe i'll just give them as presents or something. then i won't feel bad for keeping them.

Rococo

« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2012, 01:02:43 PM »
Don't feel bad, Varkolak. I don't think you wronged or cheated Kmart in any way and none of it was your fault. You can also always donate the ponies so they can be given to children who are less fortunate and pay Kmart's "generosity" to you forward.

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2012, 02:56:30 PM »
I haven't even seen luggage ponies.  This is odd indeed.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2012, 03:04:51 PM »
The wedding castle and such are supposed to come out in spring, and spring is very soon (starts in April doesn't it?), while the white Celestia, Nightmare Moon, etc come out in fall. I'm not at all surprised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGi3eHemaiI&list=UUiFpf-gmGbpL-D1ito62uZg&index=8&feature=plcp

First thing the rep has to say is about how the wedding stuff won't be until fall.

on facebook they had a sign with the wedding castle and shining armor and princess cadence, that said save the date. spring 2012. or something like that. there's no way it's waiting until fall to come out, i keep seeing over and over on facebook pony pages that it says spring.

Just struck me right now, when they say "Save the date, Spring 2012" they're probably referring to the FIM season 2 finale, NOT the toy line.

Why would they wait for autumn? These episodes will help sell those toys.
They got no other products lined up otherwise. This is the best time to sell all these wedding themed ponies.

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2012, 03:11:31 PM »

They got no other products lined up otherwise. This is the best time to sell all these wedding themed ponies.

Of course the show would be good advertising for the toys. And it will still accomplish that. But Fall is a better time of year for toy sales. I would think Hasbro is more concerned about parents buying toys for Christmas gifts then it is with the theme of the toy matching up with wedding season.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2012, 03:26:31 PM »

Of course the show would be good advertising for the toys. And it will still accomplish that. But Fall is a better time of year for toy sales. I would think Hasbro is more concerned about parents buying toys for Christmas gifts then it is with the theme of the toy matching up with wedding season.

They have all the brony-targeted ponies coming out in fall, so its not like they have nothing lined up.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2012, 08:36:35 PM »
has anyone asked Hasbro about why Kmart is supposedly selling wedding ponies?  I'll email if someone hasn't already.  do you think it would do any good?

Offline Varkolak

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2012, 09:25:05 PM »
has anyone asked Hasbro about why Kmart is supposedly selling wedding ponies?  I'll email if someone hasn't already.  do you think it would do any good?

i haven't asked hasbro, but i did ask on facebook when the ponies would come out and they told me fall. which i think they're information is wrong since we're already seeing pictures of them for sale. if they aren't supposed to be available until fall, how do these stores have pictures already? fall is months away.

here's the link if you wanted to see
http://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=eb3fcd6a0d170b2d58514c302bd894d0&eu=OYaktPv2-FeI-7K1MXOUIA#!/mylittlepony/posts/408079379209505

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2012, 09:29:58 PM »
oh right! I forgot you asked there.
I emailed their customer service site, specifically mentioning Kmart.  We'll see what they say.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal