collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bratzillaz  (Read 73539 times)

angelfish

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Bratzillaz
« Reply #480 on: February 22, 2013, 02:40:00 PM »
I actually was responding to you you but it wasn't meant to be snarky or mean in any way, just giving my thoughts, impression and opinions on the SAW/CAM comparisons... :)  If it was taken in any bad way truly sorry for that!

It's ok to not like them..I understand their odd op-art Cirque Du Soleil meets Andy Warhol thing isn't for everyone.  They are clownish, or at least the gal with the 'fro is but I'm a weirdo that likes the odd colors and combinations.  No worries... *pat pat*  If we all liked the same thing life would be boring.  Love your idea for a build-a-pet and the tats. I rather liked the tats for the CAM Design lab but not the faces.  The body tats were very cool. And yes, I agree, I am looking forward to the next wave of SAWs but for future waves I'd like to see some more normal tones as well.  I do love the full capability for switching.  The SAW sets are neat in that all the pieces complement themselves in an odd way.  For instance, the black and white updo wig that comes with the single pack girl looks great on the black and white girl from the 2 pack and the purple and white wig looks cute on all three girls.  I also hope that MH learns from the SAW sets as well and releases future CAMs with two or one full doll.  The Mummy/Gorgon and Ice/Blob sets were awesome and I loved, loved, loved the additional plastic wigs but we could've done with an extra set of shoes.  MH makes the best shoes after all, the more pairs the merrier!  I would also love extra fashions sold separately that weren't character specific so they could be worn by more ghouls and some of the CAMs too.

I'm not sure who asked about the legs, yes the legs are rubbery but the two gals from the 2 pack don't feel as wobbly as some of the earlier 'Zillaz, particularly the GID ones which seems to be the worst.  My Jade and Vampelina from the MNO line feel a lot better in that regard and the SAW girls feel real sturdy..and because of the joints that come apart the SAW girls have a pivotal knee which is awesome.

Lastly, for fun!  My blob girl tried on the afro wig from the SAW 2 pack, win!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49746645@N00/8496637960/
It's a bit big on her but so much fun!  And...here's Vampelina one more time with her new SAW pal..:)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49746645@N00/8497670519/
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:42:17 PM by angelfish »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 22, 2013, 04:13:34 PM »
Actually I think there are only five SaW dolls. There is the first 2 pack with the black/white and the pink/green dolls, the single yellow/white doll, and it looks like a second 2 pack is on the way with a blue/white and a pink/white doll.

There's definitely six different dolls pictured on the back of the SAW pack I bought.  There's the three that are out now and three more pictured under the words "Coming Soon!"  The three that aren't out yet all have a colored shape over one eye.  I was wrong about the two blue though, they have some of the blue parts on the pink doll and that threw off my eye.  Still don't get why they'd make another yellow and white one though.

I finally saw them in person at Target and I checked the back and it seems there is another yellow/white one on the way but the yellow is on the other side and it almost seems like it might be a different shade of yellow.

Lastly, for fun!  My blob girl tried on the afro wig from the SAW 2 pack, win!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49746645@N00/8496637960/
It's a bit big on her but so much fun!  And...here's Vampelina one more time with her new SAW pal..:)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49746645@N00/8497670519/

I wonder how the ice girl that comes with the blob would look in that wig too now.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

angelfish

« Reply #482 on: February 22, 2013, 05:29:42 PM »
Ice Girl looks cute in the 'fro too but she doesn't quite rock it like the Blob Girl!  But..I prefer the Blob girl over the Ice Girl so I admit to being biased... ;)  I don't have a pic but if I can I'll try to take some when I have some time.

There will be 3 more SAW girls coming out, another 2 pack and another single pack so that makes 6 altogether.  You can see the upcoming three on the back of the current SAW sets.

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #483 on: February 22, 2013, 05:53:57 PM »
I'm sorry to derail the SaW conversation, but has anyone found the vampire yet?? I am seriously hoping to find her tomorrow when I go "Monster Hunting" tomorrow.

angelfish

« Reply #484 on: February 22, 2013, 06:09:45 PM »
Yes.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49746645@N00/8439760370/in/photostream
I also posted a link of a pic I took of her with one of the SAW girls.  It's above in an earlier post.

I've only found her at Target and I've only seen her twice.  Both times I bought her, one to keep NRFB.  I would suggest finding out when Target restocks as she only ships 1 per Magic Night Out case.

She's my fav Zilla... :)

PMd about your WTB.. :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 06:21:11 PM by angelfish »

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 22, 2013, 06:56:12 PM »
Oh, I didn't take what you said as a bad thing, angelfish. I just wanted to clarify what I was saying :) Also, as much as I love MH, I wanted to be clear that I wasn't white-knighting Mattel and their "build your own" mis-steps. I like MH better than 'zillaz, but I love my witchy gals!

angelfish

« Reply #486 on: February 22, 2013, 07:24:35 PM »
crimsondeity..*hug*

I love my MH ghouls..and like you I think MH is a much better franchise, more thought out, more detail etc, etc.  But..I've been loving Vampelina and the SAW witches!  I dunno, I think because they are more 'blank' to me I have more fun creating stories and characters for them.  With MH I feel as even my favs still retain alot of their characteristics from the webisodes, specials and journals.  Except for the CAMs of course.  Plus I totally admit because of Blythe and Pullip/Dal I'm spoiled because of the inset eyes!  I love that the eyes give them so much personality in photos! 

If MH ever do ghouls with inset eyes I would be lost for sure!  That would be so bad for my bank account.. :blink:

Rococo

« Reply #487 on: February 22, 2013, 09:56:27 PM »
crimsondeity..*hug*

I love my MH ghouls..and like you I think MH is a much better franchise, more thought out, more detail etc, etc.  But..I've been loving Vampelina and the SAW witches!  I dunno, I think because they are more 'blank' to me I have more fun creating stories and characters for them.  With MH I feel as even my favs still retain alot of their characteristics from the webisodes, specials and journals.  Except for the CAMs of course.  Plus I totally admit because of Blythe and Pullip/Dal I'm spoiled because of the inset eyes!  I love that the eyes give them so much personality in photos! 

If MH ever do ghouls with inset eyes I would be lost for sure!  That would be so bad for my bank account.. :blink:

I've had to pass on so many MH dolls because I deemed their painted eyes crooked. I wonder how wonkily-set inset MH eyes would be lol.

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 23, 2013, 11:22:49 AM »
I have yet to find a Vampelina.  They don't seem to be coming with the cases here for some reason, because I have been at the store right after they unpacked a new case and no Vampelina.  Same goes for Fianna.  And I visit the toy aisles at least a couple of times a week. 

If anyone comes across a Vampelina, I would love to buy her.

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #489 on: February 23, 2013, 03:49:13 PM »
crimsondeity..*hug*

I've had to pass on so many MH dolls because I deemed their painted eyes crooked. I wonder how wonkily-set inset MH eyes would be lol.

This prompted me to look up MH customs with inset eyes.... they look AMAZING.

Rococo

« Reply #490 on: February 23, 2013, 07:08:52 PM »
crimsondeity..*hug*

This prompted me to look up MH customs with inset eyes.... they look AMAZING.

They do/would look stunning, but with Mattel's QC track record lately, I don't expect them to care whether or not inset eyes are set properly in the factory. :lol: I get driven batty by slightly off-center inset eyes, more-so than with slightly uneven painted eyes.

Offline Gothic_Redemption

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • aaaAAAAAあああああああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 23, 2013, 08:53:41 PM »
I find these girls pretty cute. Anyone seen a Fianna yet? I'm a sucker for the water-themed ones...

/人 ‿‿ 人\

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #492 on: February 24, 2013, 11:10:13 AM »
I ordered my Fianna from Target.com and LOVE. HER. Haven't seen her in any stores yet, though.
Love her in Meygana's fashon pack!

I am not crazy about the 1st wave 2-pack of SAW... but I'm rather fond of the singleton:

I'm totally going to pick up another one and try to construct an all-white version, though. Her face and torso are base white, painted yellow - so some acetone should clear that up!

No Vampelina around here yet... ARGH!!

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #493 on: February 24, 2013, 11:12:16 AM »
Ooh, be careful using acetone. I don't know if it's the same on Bratzillaz, but I put it on a Monster High doll once and the doll started melting.  :shocked:

I really love the SAW packs... They're very interesting! Does anybody know if they're compatible with Monster High torsos?

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #494 on: February 24, 2013, 12:06:56 PM »
Kala, I was so not going to get a SAW, but you make her look good! and Fianna! Argh! I was doing so well!

I took my Sashabella out today and played with her a bit.... yeah.... I'll be getting more soon....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal