collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bratzillaz  (Read 73462 times)

angelfish

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Bratzillaz
« Reply #495 on: February 24, 2013, 01:18:39 PM »
I haven't tried the torso but I can tell you that arms, legs and hands are not compatible with the CAMs. The SAW calf/leg  peg is smaller then the peg on the CAM leg and the SAW pegs on the hands and forearms are much larger than CAM ones.

Just tried the torso..SAW thigh joints a wee bit too small to fit a CAM torso.  A CAM leg will fit onto a SAW torso but it's really floppy and falls off at the slightest provocation.  Maybe you could use elastic?

Oddly enough the SAW arms will fit and stay on the CAM torso but they look too big proportion wise.  Likewise the other way, CAM arms fit in the SAW torso but the arms look way too skinny for the body.

So..to sum up, CAM and SAWs can only swap arms at the shoulder.  The pegs on the forearm/shoulder joint are different sizes and cannot be swapped that way.  CAM legs can fit on a SAW torso but they are really, really loose and floppy. 

Neck pegs are also different sizes but the SAW head will work on a CAM.  SAW neck peg is smaller so if you want to use a CAM head you'll have to thicken it by using a clear elastic on the peg so the head doesn't flop around. 

Hope all that helps!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 04:02:23 PM by angelfish »

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #496 on: February 24, 2013, 01:29:53 PM »
Thanks! :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 24, 2013, 02:39:09 PM »
I ordered my Fianna from Target.com and LOVE. HER. Haven't seen her in any stores yet, though.
Love her in Meygana's fashon pack!

I am not crazy about the 1st wave 2-pack of SAW... but I'm rather fond of the singleton:

I'm totally going to pick up another one and try to construct an all-white version, though. Her face and torso are base white, painted yellow - so some acetone should clear that up!

No Vampelina around here yet... ARGH!!

The other single pack one on the way has the white parts on the opposite side.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

angelfish

« Reply #498 on: February 24, 2013, 03:19:54 PM »
Pics of SAW/CAM switches!

Shot of the differences in peg sizes:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49746645@N00/8505451510/in/photostream

2 shots of Zilla head and arms on the CAM body..very oddly cute!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49746645@N00/8504345637/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49746645@N00/8505447942/in/photostream/

Shot of a CAM head and arms on a SAW torso.  This doesn't work so well for me.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49746645@N00/8505449490/in/photostream/

Hope those help!

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #499 on: February 24, 2013, 03:52:55 PM »
Okay, I've been bitten bad by this bug.... *sigh* I used up the last of my amazon gift card buying Jade J'Adore and Yasmina Clairvoya's original dolls. And I had to get the *basic* Yasmina at Target this afternoon when I went for grocery items.... Now I'm searching for a Bratzillaz support group. LOL

Offline cloverofmist

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 24, 2013, 07:33:40 PM »
I havent been watching these threads but I have a question I am sure was already answered but do these new saw come with wigs and if so do they fit mh?? can I see pictures if anyone has them to show.. Thanks

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 24, 2013, 10:11:41 PM »
I ordered my Fianna from Target.com and LOVE. HER. Haven't seen her in any stores yet, though.
Love her in Meygana's fashon pack!

Okay.  Now I need Bratzilla fashion packs?  I don't want these girls to become a gotta-have-it-all collection for me!  I don't even want any GitD dolls, but I'm afraid I'll miss out on an entire character if I don't get Fianna now:(  I guess I should just give in, huh?
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 25, 2013, 08:19:36 AM »
Fianna is pretty! I have looked for her at stores to see what she looks like but I've never seen her.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #503 on: February 25, 2013, 03:54:38 PM »
Okay, so it seemed like they short-changed Sashabella in the early releases of the original dolls. Now there are boxes and shelf labels for just her. Think the same thing could happen with Vampelina and Fianna? I am just DYING to get my hands on a Vampelina. *whiny voice*

angelfish

« Reply #504 on: February 25, 2013, 04:02:26 PM »
I found both my Vampelinas at Target.  She was one of the rare dolls I loved so much that I wanted a second to keep NRFB.  I suggest that you find out when your Target restocks/resets and try to get there when they open since there's only one character per case...and it seems like not all cases carry her. 

Can't help you on Fianna, I haven't seen her myself yet although a flickr contact of mine said they found theirs just a day ago at Target. Hopefully she will be showing up soon and that everyone who wants her will be able to get her.  She seems to be the 'Zilla everyone wants most even more so than Vampelina.

To the person who asked about wigs...SAW sets come with wigs, the two-pack comes with two and the sigle pack comes with one.  SAW wigs will fit a CAM head but they are big like LIV wigs.  There are no pegs in the SAW wigs so you could probably use sticky-sided velcro to keep the wig on. That's what I use for my BJD and it works like a charm.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 04:04:08 PM by angelfish »

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #505 on: February 25, 2013, 04:03:52 PM »
My Target restocks whenever, but the Magic Night Out girls are just shelf warmers right now.... they haven't moved since the reset.... at all.... same dolls there for weeks, and nothing in the back room.  :yikes:

angelfish

« Reply #506 on: February 25, 2013, 04:05:41 PM »
The only other thing I could suggest is to try another Target but call ahead to see if she's in stock or when they restock so you won't be wasting time and gas.  Best of luck!  There's one Vampy on ebay right now but she's expensive, $50US with shipping!  Yikes!

Offline rayedelsol

• Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #507 on: February 25, 2013, 04:12:39 PM »
Thanks for the luck, I feel like I'm going to need it. That one on eBay is the only one I can find online anywhere. And $50, whoo! Why did I pick a HTF doll to fall in love with?

I'm okay now, sorry, whining is over. for now.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 25, 2013, 06:06:50 PM »
So I guess these are kinda like MH.... certain dolls him some releases HTF? Did they do this on purpose. :P
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 25, 2013, 06:29:57 PM »
Okay, so it seemed like they short-changed Sashabella in the early releases of the original dolls. Now there are boxes and shelf labels for just her. Think the same thing could happen with Vampelina and Fianna? I am just DYING to get my hands on a Vampelina. *whiny voice*

It's funny you say that.  Today in my hunting I saw a row full of Sasha and thought that was STRANGE because I remember everyone freaking out looking for her :P  Kinda cleared up my "Huh?" moment :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal