collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What would you like to do this Summer?

Go to Everfree NW in Seattle
Go to a smaller meet of pony pals in Oregon
Not/Can't go to either
Other (please specify in your reply.) :)

Author Topic: EverfeeNW-Pony con for the pacific NW! Please Vote!  (Read 4142 times)

EverfreeNorthwest

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: EverfeeNW-Pony con for the pacific NW! Please Vote!
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 02:38:49 PM »
Well, Wondercon NW is at the end of May in Portland, and is a general pop culture con. EFNW will be in attendance & have a table, so we could organize a pony event at that con? Plus, Admission is only $15 for both days!

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 03:26:43 PM »
Oh, geez, if we try to gather at the Wondercon at the end of May, I don't think I'll be able to make it.  I'll be wrapping up this term of grad school, moving to a new apartment, and starting a new job at that time.  As it is, I'm going to be exhausted already without making a 12 hour round trip drive.

Um, maybe I could send my friend Amy as my representative.  She lives in Seattle and has been helping me collect ponies for 20 years.  Then maybe she could make some purchases for me.  Still, I'd hate to miss out on all the fun.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

EverfreeNorthwest

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 04:15:42 PM »
It was just a suggestion, my apologies! Of course, maybe your friend Amy can help you get up to Everfree, too? Parking is only $6 a day if you don't stay in the hotel, and Amtrak is only $64 before our convention discount (Behind spoiler)
Spoiler
People travelling via Amtrak can get a 10% discount traveling to and from the convention by calling 1-800-USA-RAIL and using the Convention Fare Code Number "X42J-943". Remember to mention you are heading to Seattle for "Everfree NorthWest" when making your reservation. This discount is only valid via the 1-800 number and is not usable via the Amtrak website

RoaneFaery

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 04:27:04 PM »
I made it to a meet-up a couple of summers ago but couldn't make the last one. I voted for a smaller Oregon meet-up. I do enough conventions and can't add another one to my schedule.  But I would like to spend a day meeting people and talking ponies.

Offline Kyrraven

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kyrraven's DeviantArt Gallery
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2012, 09:01:40 PM »
Ideally, I'd totally do both...

I don't have an income right now, though, so my actual attendance at either/both events hinges on finding work before then.  Even if I couldn't make it to the Everfree meet, I'd probably be able to make an Oregon meet.

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2012, 10:41:32 PM »
Any news on this?  I'm getting set to move to Roseburg next week, so I'm crazy busy right now.  But things will settle down in June, so I'd love to get together then!  But I'm leaning toward a smaller gathering in Oregon too, since driving just one way from Roseburg to Seattle will be 6 hours!  So if we just do an Oregon meet, where will everybody be coming from?  If we decide this now, maybe we can arrange some kind of centrally located place to hold the meet.  Portland is nice and I'm up for that, but if we have lots of people coming from southern Oregon like me, then maybe Eugene/Corvallis/Salem would be better.  I'm open to carpooling as well if anyone wants to ride with me!
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline AmethystDefender

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2012, 11:47:13 PM »
I'd like to come...but my life is kind of up-in-the-air right now (being jobless stinks)...and I lack transportation.  I don't live in Seattle, but I am in Washington.
A.K.A.: VioletWhirlwind in most other places online
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Sig by Emuel

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2012, 04:09:48 PM »
Ok everybody! I'm going to be making a new post very soon about the Oregon meet! I'm thinking of hosting it. I'm trying to work out some other life stuff right now but tentative plans for a meet in august. Next couple months are crazy, but august is looking good. So keep your eyes peeled for the new meet post coming soon!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal