collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What would you like to do this Summer?

Go to Everfree NW in Seattle
Go to a smaller meet of pony pals in Oregon
Not/Can't go to either
Other (please specify in your reply.) :)

Author Topic: EverfeeNW-Pony con for the pacific NW! Please Vote!  (Read 4238 times)

cesprins

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: EverfeeNW-Pony con for the pacific NW!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 09:57:28 AM »
I love the website for the event. It's very nicely done.

Wish I could attend, but it's a bit far for me.

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: EverfeeNW-Pony con for the pacific NW!
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 08:13:33 PM »
I've got an art table for it so there will be some g1-ness :P

Excellent! That's great to know!

Post Merge: March 18, 2012, 02:29:22 PM

A little update on post 1 and added a poll to see what we want to do! So please vote so we can get planning under way! Thanks everyone!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:29:22 PM by LadyStarCatcher »

Offline Katgyrl

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Just a pony and her sewing machine...
    • View Profile
Re: EverfeeNW-Pony con for the pacific NW! Please Vote!
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 05:20:53 PM »
I'm not sure I could do either though I would love to do both! $40 is a lot of money for me to spend right now, but I don't think I could make it all the way down to Oregon either. :sad: I would love to go to a pony meet!!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 05:31:22 PM »
I'd like to go to Everfree, but don't think I'd be able to make it. I tried to vote for an Oregon meet but it said there was an error.

I like g1's but I do a lot of custom g3's and I love the FiM show. I've converted my husband and sons to Bronyism.

If you hold an event, and I'm available I will come, Lady Star :) Do you want to have a contest or anything?

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 11:19:51 PM »
Ooh. A contest would be fun. In a couple weeks I'll make a final decision and make a new post if I decide to hold a meet. And then everyone can let me know if they're coming and then we can plan events and stuff.  :)

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 08:57:43 AM »
I just voted to hold a smaller meet in Oregon.  I think the Portland area would be perfect IF some people from Washington want to come too; that way it would be kind of in the middle for everyone.

But if the people who want to come are from Oregon, then why not hold the meet a bit farther south so that it would again be centrally located for the most people?  Maybe around Salem, Corvallis, or Eugene?  Actually, I know a great little cafe in Springfield with a free meeting room; maybe we could use that for a while, then move to a park to play some games after we're done trading and such (if the weather cooperates).

Meeting at Everfree NW in Seattle would be my next choice.  I'd do it, but it's a 5 hour drive for me.  The brony stuff would be a nice perk, but I'd rather skip it and make things easier for myself.

So that's my two cents' worth.  As a friend used to say, "My two cents' worth is free!"  Ha ha!
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

EverfreeNorthwest

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, 03:46:59 PM »
Well, we're talking with the My Little Pony Trading Post to have them host a 'Trading Post' panel at Everfree for fellow collectors to gather and JUST trade extras. No selling, just trading. We created this account so we could also talk to the MLP Arena and get them involved in a panel or similar, if possible, as well as answer any questions anyone has.

Also, the Pre-Reg is only $35 right now Katgyrl. It's only $40 at the door -if- there are memberships remaining. But,that $35 assures you entry for all three days. Also, LadyStarCatcher, the convention while primarily for G4 fans -IS- open to all gens.

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 01:27:57 PM »
Thanks for the info everfree!

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 03:42:45 PM »
Well, we're talking with the My Little Pony Trading Post to have them host a 'Trading Post' panel at Everfree for fellow collectors to gather and JUST trade extras. No selling, just trading. We created this account so we could also talk to the MLP Arena and get them involved in a panel or similar, if possible, as well as answer any questions anyone has.

Also, the Pre-Reg is only $35 right now Katgyrl. It's only $40 at the door -if- there are memberships remaining. But,that $35 assures you entry for all three days. Also, LadyStarCatcher, the convention while primarily for G4 fans -IS- open to all gens.

Actually, trade-only (as opposed to selling too) can make things very difficult, because of course it means that each party has to have something that the other wants.  Right now my extras available for trade are kind of limited, but there are TONS of ponies I want, and I'm ready and willing to pay for them. 
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Katgyrl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 03:51:46 PM »
It would be cool if we could do some kind of pony trading coupons, where you get coupons when someone takes your ponies and you can then use those to "trade" for someone else's ponies. But I guess that could get complicated.

EverfreeNorthwest

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »
Well, it's WA state law we have to contend with on that. ANYONE who sells ANYTHING has to get one of the free temporary business licenses from the state at  http://dor.wa.gov/content/doingbusiness/BusinessTypes/Doingbus_tempreg.aspx

That's not our rules, that is the state's rules and we must abide by them.

Post Merge: April 20, 2012, 04:36:40 PM

You know, the MLP Fair DOES have a secured table at Everfree, and the con head was saying she needed someone to staff it... If someone wanted to maybe work out a deal with her, they might be able to sell ponies in the Dealer's room as well as promote the MLP Fair... Could be a way to help out a few parties at once, I dunno. You'd have to talk to  the convention head about that, though. Totally NOT my call,nor will I claim it is!

Otherwise we will have an additional 'Artist's Alley' with registrations each morning. We could have that those WITH ponies to sell could get space in that on one of the days with the free license... Other option is in that area selling ponies would work IF you show you have that free license. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 04:57:56 PM by EverfreeNorthwest »

Offline Katgyrl

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2012, 06:16:41 PM »
It seems to me that the best way to make sure all the rules are being followed would be to have a trading/selling area and then those who want the option of selling have to get the free license and then those who don't want to get the license will only be able to trade. Maybe have one person staffing the area that checks people for licenses when they come in and gives them a sticker or stamp or something to show they have it (for ease of keeping track)? Those are my thoughts anyway.

Personally if the license is free I would get it so that I would be open to both options of being able to sell or trade.

EverfreeNorthwest

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2012, 06:26:33 PM »
That's the best option, and you can set up for a day in the overflow/Artist's Alley if you want.

Offline Tinker

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Bwahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2012, 06:57:19 PM »
Last Fall, NichiTsukinoko and I held an Oregon Pony meet at Cook Park. I think we had a pretty good turnout, but not as many as we could've had if we had held it during the summer. I'm willing to help again if someone else wishes to run an Oregon Meet. I'm not financially able enough to run one myself or go to Everfree Northwest.

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2012, 11:49:34 PM »
Last Fall, NichiTsukinoko and I held an Oregon Pony meet at Cook Park. I think we had a pretty good turnout, but not as many as we could've had if we had held it during the summer. I'm willing to help again if someone else wishes to run an Oregon Meet. I'm not financially able enough to run one myself or go to Everfree Northwest.

I'm thinking maybe june or august? I'd say july but that's a crazy month for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal