collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Points Program  (Read 4569 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Pony Points Program
« on: March 09, 2012, 10:58:59 PM »
I was just thinking about how much I loved clipping the horseshoe points off the pony boxes and sending them in to get a mail order pony. I know they did it with G1's as well, but I was too young to remember that :p I wish they would have a mail order program for G4's, but after the Frilly Frocks disaster, I don't think they'll ever have mail offers again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Points Program
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 11:03:12 PM »
I remember the points for the G1's. They were called horseshoe points. I got a few MO's that way but of course gave all of my ponies away and now am upset that I did so. I am having fun replacing them though:) What was the frilly frocks disaster?

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 11:06:43 PM »
From what I've been told, the Frilly Frocks mess was when they initially offered her for 150 horseshoe points (or some high number, I wasn't actively collecting at the time so I don't remember the exact #) and $2.60, when the price they had intended to set was $26 I believe. They didn't have that offer active for very long of course, but I'd imagine they weren't too happy with losing so much money ;) Those plushies are huge and pricy to ship.

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 11:08:02 PM »
I have a few inserts from the G1's but I don't think we ever ordered any.  :(  I got a fair amount with the G3's. I wish they would do one for the G4's! That'd be sweet!  :biggrin:

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 11:13:22 PM »
Yeah, I had almost saved up all my points to get FF! That was a lot of darn points :p Ah, I didn't know about the shipping price. I thought they had run out of Frilly Frocks and had a ton of people sending in points and money and they didn't have enough ponies to go around. So to avoid that disaster again, they just ended the program. There were a lot of people wanting a 3 foot pony!! Though to this day, I have no idea where I would have put it if I had got one :p But yeah, I bet they were pulling out there hair with that typo!
My Wish List

toralei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 11:15:13 PM »
Ah,  I wish they'd do this again!!

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 11:19:50 PM »
i would of loved this so much as a child. i was ALWAYS clipping points off cereal boxes to send in for prizes. i remember eating 2 whole boxes of waffle crisp, or honey comb, can't remember which, and then doing so many chores for $1 (shipping fee), so i could send away for a PDA that was super cool!!!!! i wanted it more than any prize i've ever seen in a cereal box. (ok, almost any prize... i went crazy trying to get all the toy story small plushes when they came out. it was my favorite movie.) anyway...
i finally earned the dollar, mailed points away, and the day i got my PDA, a kid at school stabbed the stylus into it and broke my new toy.  :yikes: i was so mad. and the toy offer had ended. it had actually worked and everything!!!

i would of loved these pony points, and i'm sad that something bad had to happen to make them go away. i would love to have the opportunity to do the prize thing again, even if it were something as small as a plastic bracelet. it doesn't have to be a giant plush toy, it could be something small and cheap to ship. they'd get a lot of my money though, that's for sure!!!!!

Offline Shenanigans

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 11:26:09 PM »
i finally earned the dollar, mailed points away, and the day i got my PDA, a kid at school stabbed the stylus into it and broke my new toy.  :yikes: i was so mad. and the toy offer had ended. it had actually worked and everything!!! 

Aw, that's terrible! I would have cried forever :(
My Wish List

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 11:27:44 PM »
i would of loved this so much as a child. i was ALWAYS clipping points off cereal boxes to send in for prizes. i remember eating 2 whole boxes of waffle crisp, or honey comb, can't remember which, and then doing so many chores for $1 (shipping fee), so i could send away for a PDA that was super cool!!!!! i wanted it more than any prize i've ever seen in a cereal box. (ok, almost any prize... i went crazy trying to get all the toy story small plushes when they came out. it was my favorite movie.) anyway...

I think it was Honey Comb. I had the same PDA. It works perfectly for years. That thing was so awesome. I'm sorry you never got to enjoy yours. That must have sucked.

Anyways, part of me would love to see pony points. But at the same time I don't like buying stuff from Hasbro and I wouldn't want to miss out on the off chance there was anything I'd actually want released.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 01:47:52 AM »
It just seem a popular thing to do any more mail order schemes like the horseshoe points...

I cant help but feel sometimes its due to the speed with which kids move though toys now adays...you often needed to purchase quite a few ponies over quite a long period of time before you could send away...how many kids now a days have the patience to do this and to stick with a toy line for so long! It seems toys are much more "love and move on" than they used to be

It would however be nice if they brought something similar back - so you could send away for some exclusive brushable ponies...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 02:04:44 AM »
Oh, and another thing. With how dreadful Hasbro's quality control I would not trust to be mailed a pony that's even slightly acceptable. I've only bought one G4 I haven't seen myself online (from Taobao) and she's my first one with errors (and the ONLY pony I wouldn't want them on). I do not want to go through that again. XP

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 08:59:41 AM »
I was too young for the G1 points program but I was around for the G3 one. Sadly I had just started collecting G3's and wasn't even close to get enough points for the giant frilly frocks.  I really want a giant pony like that but can't afford to have one shipped.  I know you can have them unstuffed for cheaper shipping but who wants to restuff them?

Anyway, I did manage to get enough points for Love Wishes, the mail order pony.  Later she was reproduced dozens of times as the pony I can't remember it's name.  I wish they did the points program again.

Oh to let people know the frilly frocks disaster was Hasbro only charging $2.50 for shipping and I think a few people managed to get her that cheap then they changed it to $25 later.  I wish I could have gotten her that cheap.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 10:08:48 AM »
I miss the Points Program too but I understand why we likely won't have one again.  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 11:06:49 AM »
I was too young for pony points, but I would have loved that and I would love if they did it in G4 :D

But from the sound of it they won't, that's really a shame. :c
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 10:25:35 AM »
That's kinda sad we won't see any more pony points programs, I mean it was a technical error on Hasbro's side that seemingly could have been prevented... oh well, they can't even prevent weird things like hair plugs in unicorn horns these days it seems

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal