collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you reeeaallly wanted but didn't have as a kid  (Read 8794 times)

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Ponies you reeeaallly wanted but didn't have as a kid
« on: March 08, 2012, 03:41:06 AM »
I had a look but I don't know if there is a topic like this running already  :blush:
OMG I wanted wind whistler sooo much because of her role in the movie and cartoons, (I thought she was so serene and wise) that me and mum looked for her in the shops a few times!...of course, the movie was made in 1986 and I was born in 1986, so this was about 5 years and she was no longer sold. She was the first one I bought later, as a collector!
I also wanted Princess Tiffany - because of the Princess Ponies episode!
Locket, because from the Princess Ponies episode she looked like Wind Whistlers best buddy - and I would need her to go with WW of course
Baby Gusty I had a Gusty (my fave!) and an image of a Mum and baby Gusty together on a hanging tile thingy! I wanted to recreate that image
Strawberry Fair/sugarberry I was aware of her existence because she was on the front cover of one of my pony videos and I thought she looked amazing!
Spike! Because, the cartoons!
A Secret Surprise pony! I remember the adverts and wanting one sooo much! My cousin had one and I was jealous haha.
MAGIC HAT! omg that old advert on one of my mlp video's lol! 'My magic message ponies, lalala...' but, that was before my time also. I did see  'Bunny Hop' in the shop (who sorta resembled Magic Hat) and was smitten lol, then my my got me *gasp* Singing Pocket for Christmas (not Bunny Hop, waah! LOL) But I loved Singing Pocket anyway
TAF FIFI! (Gosh I fell hard for advertising) from the pretty parlour advert! I loved her curly hair and horrible eyeshadow at the end, yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Sweet Stuff She was so cute and nice in the cartoons!
Baby Lofty and Heartthrob because...cartooons!
Rosedust or ANY flutter pony! Because of the movie!  :biggrin:  I bought Rose Dust when I started collecting and was shocked at the size...I thought they were more like the size of pony bride or something, wow I was wrong!!
A boy pony Because...cartooons! The big brother pony episode was my favourite
I was also very drawn to Masquerade, and other twinkle eye ponies from their little illustration in the  free booklets, so pretty!
And finally, my cousins Twinkler, which she later gave to me (bwahaha, great success!) though I never did get that secret surprise pony

Anyway, which ponies did you guys want and why? :)

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 03:47:25 AM by Lyra »
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies you reeeaallly wanted but didn't have as a kid
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 03:45:41 AM »
Mimic, all te boy ponies, Galaxy , I adored them, they were so cute and lovely in the movies! :) xxx

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 03:48:36 AM »
Cherries Jubilee!!!! I desperately wanted to buy her after seeing her in the store one day, and when I was able to buy another pony the store didn't stock her anymore :(

It's fine though. I got over it lol and now I have the NSS and Spanish version so I'm happy :D
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

jojodeen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 04:05:08 AM »
I had always wanted a flutter wing baby pony. I saw a school friend play with a baby pony that had butterfly wings once and didn't stop dreaming about owning one ever since. :D This dream stuck with me for years as I never got one as a child.
One night when I was 18-19 I was visiting a new friend for the first time and told my sob story to her. He was quiet, went to her bedroom and rummaged through stuff for a while and came back with Starry Wings pony she wanted me to have. :D

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 04:31:37 AM »
I fell in love with Moondancer after seeing illustrations of her in my cousins MLP annual (the first one). I can't actually say that I really wanted her though, because I never saw her as a toy and being naive back then it didn't even occur to me that she might be available as one! I'd never seen any of the unicorns, pegasi or baby ponies as toys until I started collecting in 2005.

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 04:42:35 AM »
Bright Eyes, oh my dear how I wanted you !^^
 She was my favourite from the the Tales episode, but when me and my sister went whit my mother to the toystore they didn't have her :(
 I got a Bon Bon instead, but still ;)

But Now I Have Her! >:D

FlyingPonyMonster

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 05:32:12 AM »
I only wanted and had Starry Wings from memory!!!

Parkkis

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 05:36:16 AM »
All ponies that I wanted as a kid, were purple! Don't know why and I realized that just few seconds ago. So the ponies were: Sparkle pony Twinkler, Love story and Hair-do pony Bangles.

And I still haven't got all of them, just Twinkler.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 05:36:59 AM »
Hrm...the only ponies I really remember wanting was the pearly Baby Moondancer and pearly Baby Glory - that was only because I had the little pamphlet and kept flipping through it trying to decide.  Of course Mom went with 'Lil Cupcake and "Lil Sweetcake instead...  ><  :silly:

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Storm.Runner

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Berkshire Exmoors
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 05:41:19 AM »
Oooh memories :) I've got a fair few.

Sweet Pop: She was the first TE pony that I ever saw, even if it was online. I've been after her for absolutely years but I haven't found a minty one in the UK yet.
Sundance: I've actually got a t-shirt with her on, but I want the actual pony too. She's alot like me in the clumsy department xD
Dancing Butterflies: Was my grail for at least 4 years, maybe 5. Yellow is my favourite colour and when I first saw her on ebay she was just stunning. Thankfully I now have her, she was the first pony to arrive when I went into my collecting phase.
Magic Rainbow Forest Playset with Sundance/Sunsparkle: I was born in 1992, so grew up with the G2 generation. I never had this playset, but I always wanted it because of the sounds and buttons and little 'adventures' I could make my ponies have in the forest as a kid.

Offline KaibaGirl007

• Blue Eyes pony
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • Depends Pony
  • Screw the rules, I have ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 06:14:07 AM »
Fizzy! I loved her in the cartoon and she was the only TE I ever wanted (as a child, lol) but I never got her. I ended up with Galaxy and TicTacToe instead, but that's okay cause I know 'Santa' was trying his hardest :P  I have her now though.  :lovey:

FOR SALE! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

On holiday between 18th to 26th April; unable to reply to messages during that time

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 06:19:06 AM »
FIZZY :D I saw her first when I was 5yo. Sadly she was pretty expensive, so my mother bought a glow-in-the-dark donkey fakie for me instead that day... I never saw her again those days, but I always wanted her sooo badly especially after I saw her in the cartoons!
Oh, and Firefly, Moondancer, Applejack, Bowtie and those early ponies. Never got one though, they were out of stores when I started collecting as a child.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 06:35:41 AM »
Oh wow, what a terrific question Lyra!
My response is a really long answer:

So when I was a kid, I was super obsessed with MLP.  I had a friend, Julie, who was into ponies, but not nearly as obsessed as me.  So we were most interested in *surprise, surprise* wingers, and desperate to find Lady Flutter.   I grew up in a very small town in New Hampshire, and the closest toy store was like a 30 minute drive.  I had all of the wingers except Ms. Lady Flutter and she was the one I wanted the most.  I found her one day in Kaybee toys in Newington NH, but my mom had no money to buy her.  I hid her behind a few other ponies and hoped that mom would go back the next day to buy her.  My birthday was coming up, and that pony was all I wanted.  Well, stupid Michelle decided to call Julie and tell her that I found her....idiot!!  Well, imagine my horror when she showed up at school the next day with MY pony:(  To say I was crushed is a complete understatement.  Lady Flutter would not join my childhood herd, and my interest in ponies dimmed after this loss.

So years later, I'm still a winger nut but now I have attained my elusive pony in spades. 

Oh boy do I love her so much!!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 06:43:38 AM »
I wanted a SS Cherries Jubilee and Baby Sugarberry!

Never got them as a girl, but now I have them both!!

Offline littlexflitter

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sparklesugar.com/
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 06:57:18 AM »
I really wanted Morning Glory because she was my favourite Flutter Pony from My Little Pony: the Movie and I loved her song from in the well~ ♥ I never had any Flutter Ponies, though, and I still don't. My copy of the VHS made it seem like Morning Glory had blonde hair and a very greenish mint body. I feel like I'd want to re-root the toy's chartreuse hair to match how I always thought she looked.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal