collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 2.2!  (Read 140488 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 2.2!
« Reply #465 on: March 01, 2012, 12:16:31 PM »
Ah, a rumor. I'd like to get her, but it's going to be hard to find her at a reasonable price, especially without Clawdeen. That purple and green hair *shudders*

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 01, 2012, 12:24:00 PM »
I'm not too fond of the werecat twins but I want their shoes!! And maybe 1 or 2 other clothing pieces.

I ended up getting sig Abbey yesterday (and I'm still not collecting these, really.. :whistle: ). My friend was with me and he wanted me to get Toralei instead, but I don't like red cats, and silvers wouldn't be easy to make.. :biggrin:  Colorpoints on the other hand.. Seal point werecat would be nice. *gets ideas, not good*

Abbey smells very strongly, I only noticed when I came from work today and my whole bedroom smelled like a new plastic (vinyl?) toy. Closer sniffing confirmed it was her. :lol:  I also decided that if they ever make a version of her with blue lips I will sell this one and get the new one.
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 01, 2012, 12:25:04 PM »
There did seem to be a fluke around the holidays last year when Howleen was advertised in the TRU and Walmart flyers, but I think it was just a miscommunication between Mattel and the retailers. It lead to some confusion among fans and may have sparked some rumors. It's likely that Howleen will show up in other future waves but it won't be that version of her.

Awww, I'm really not liking Deuce's new "surfer dude" voice, it doesn't suit him at all.  :| I was hoping that the Valentine's Day special was just a fluke with the original VA just not being available. I'm very disappointed to see that it's carried on in the webisodes.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:27:18 PM by Mandy85 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 01, 2012, 12:35:05 PM »

Also, if they release romulus as a doll, i hope he looks a lot better than his weird 2d design.

Noooo not a second basic male Werewolf before I get my basic male Vampire! Unless they gave me Bram or Valentine at the same time I would be distraught.

Haha, Tuney, the purple and green hair is the only thing I -like- about that Clawdeen! Dark purple and that shade of green suit each other to me, it's so Halloweeny. And even then I like her better than Howleen. That girl has the worst style of any ghoul in the line. And her personality doesn't help anything. e_e

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 01, 2012, 01:01:32 PM »
Geeze, what did I miss and how much of it? *Crawls out from under her rock* The werecat twins are already out?!
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #470 on: March 01, 2012, 01:03:07 PM »
Awww, I'm really not liking Deuce's new "surfer dude" voice, it doesn't suit him at all.  :| I was hoping that the Valentine's Day special was just a fluke with the original VA just not being available. I'm very disappointed to see that it's carried on in the webisodes.

Same here! though i think i threw in stoned as an adjective as well.

I'm am increasingly disliking the webisodes and specials. I know they aren't aimed at people my age, but I was enjoying them alot at first!

Also, if they release romulus as a doll, i hope he looks a lot better than his weird 2d design.

Noooo not a second basic male Werewolf before I get my basic male Vampire! Unless they gave me Bram or Valentine at the same time I would be distraught.

Haha, Tuney, the purple and green hair is the only thing I -like- about that Clawdeen! Dark purple and that shade of green suit each other to me, it's so Halloweeny. And even then I like her better than Howleen. That girl has the worst style of any ghoul in the line. And her personality doesn't help anything. e_e

Haha, I doubt they'll release him any time soon, if at all. It's wishful thinking on my part XD

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 01, 2012, 01:22:04 PM »
I haven't gotten around to watching any of the webisodes or specials, and while I own the first book, I haven't read it yet.  Kinda afraid I'll start to dislike certain characters if I start watching.  I hear a lot of complaining about bad personalites and grating voices ;)  Right now I love all my guys and ghouls equally, and I wouldn't want anything to change that.  Of course, I will force myself to sit down and get through 3 seasons of webisodes and books.  It's just a matter of time.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 01, 2012, 01:32:12 PM »
I haven't really found any grating voices yet (Just now trying to catch up on specials and webisodes this moment but I've seen a handful randomly) but they definitely will make you dislike some characters. Instead- be a bit shallow- love your dolls because they're pretty dolls. :D

And so far- I'm LOVING Lagoona.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 01, 2012, 01:35:06 PM »

Um...we should totally buy that set and split it! My only issue is that I wish Howleen were taller. Other than that, I can fix her hair and clothes, if you know what I mean...

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 01, 2012, 01:37:01 PM »
Haha, one of those complainers is me, but overall I love the webisodes! If anything I think they make you like most of the characters even more. They are designed for marketing after all. :P Srsly, I can't imagine hearing Ghoulia's adorable zombie speak or Abbey's unique sentence structure resulting in anything but more love.

They even make me like (or at least accept) things I would normally never entertain the notion of, like actually owning any kind of cheerleader doll (/snuggle Fearleading Draculaura doll) or being okay with the big werewolf guy dating my tiny vampire girl. (Clawd's personality is just so good!)

On the other end of the spectrum, Nefera is one of the least likable characters on the show, but I still love her doll because she's beautiful. Of course if you don't like accents or children's cartoons or puns (the main guiding idea in half the episodes it seems) I could see them being less endearing.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 01, 2012, 01:42:43 PM »
Ahaha- would anybody on this forum not like a children's show full of puns?

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 01, 2012, 01:43:15 PM »

Um...we should totally buy that set and split it! My only issue is that I wish Howleen were taller. Other than that, I can fix her hair and clothes, if you know what I mean...

Aww, I wish I could to help you! But my completionist nature won't let me not have a Basic doll! Even one I don't particularly like the look of. At least there's always the possibility that actually holding her will improve my opinion. I'm kind of interested to see what the smaller body is like, since I love Nefera's larger one so much. And...maybe...she'll get some less hideous clothes in a fashion pack... XP

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 01, 2012, 01:44:41 PM »
I LOVE the puns. It's what makes it so unique and enjoyable!

You brat, Keelee! Hehe. That's ok, I'll find someone else to split the set with. Eventually.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 01, 2012, 01:45:59 PM »
Okay okay- that one won:

"She didn't study?"

Clawdeen: "I couldn't! My brother at all my notes."

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 01, 2012, 01:48:22 PM »
Ahaha- would anybody on this forum not like a children's show full of puns?

Ahahaha so true! But it's always a possibility. XD

The only episode I would consider skipping is the special "Why Do Ghouls Fall in Love?" Different, inferior animation, and just not as good of a story as "Fright On!" or the regular show.

Post Merge: March 01, 2012, 01:50:18 PM

Okay okay- that one won:

"She didn't study?"

Clawdeen: "I couldn't! My brother at all my notes."

Haha I love that episode! "I wish they'd tested me on who got voted off of America's Next Top Monster". I have sooo been there.

One of my favorites: "Everyone's wearing boas, Cleo!" "-hisssss-"

And I'm sorry agaaaain Tuney! XD Yeah, I probably am a brat when it comes to my dollies.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:51:29 PM by Keelee_von_Cupcake »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal