collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 2.2!  (Read 142397 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 2.2!
« Reply #450 on: March 01, 2012, 07:21:59 AM »
I haven't really thought about it, Jadis. Perhaps an orangey red with pale yellow highlights? Hmm

Offline Alrak

• Wicked Pony of the West
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 01, 2012, 07:30:15 AM »
Jupi, oh, Jupi! Your DOTD Ghoulia is absolutely divine. I love what you did with her bangs! I'm going to have to try that.

seconded!!!, looks so 80's i love her that way :D

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #452 on: March 01, 2012, 07:59:16 AM »
i really hope its the sets. if the individuals are lacking stands, I'm going to be disappointed....tho I am watching some lots on ebay now >.>

thanks Alrak!

Offline midnightsun

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 01, 2012, 08:34:09 AM »
If it is true that the new release dolls (Rochelle, Dot dead Gorgeous, etc.) are not coming with stands, then I would definitely be interested!!
If you do want any just drop me a PM. As I'm rebuying a lot of old dolls, I'll probably have a few more.

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #454 on: March 01, 2012, 08:49:08 AM »
SIGH. I guess at this point I might as well wait to go to Target tomorrow, when they restock. Why do Fridays take SO LONG to get here each week? I need my MH fix!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Obscuria

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #455 on: March 01, 2012, 08:57:40 AM »
~Sigh~ we are so cleaned out here and I REALLY REALLY need a Gil and a Cupid can anyone help me out?

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 01, 2012, 09:02:03 AM »
Toralei is probably my least favorite basic too, Jadis. I always thought her design was too plain in the show to translate well into a doll, and this was only partially relieved in her ultimate release form. I find the orange kind of eye-searing, and she doesn't sit well with any of the other girls, who are largely nothing but cool-toned colors. And that tail! Man, I appreciate the effort, but it's really annoying in practice. I can't get it into any shape that looks good, and I'm constantly afraid that messing with it too much will cause the inner wire to break. And then there's her character, who is inconsisent and obnoxious. XP Lot of things working against loving Toralei.

I'm pretty sure I'll find the Twins as much if not more plain than Toralei, especially with double their uninteresting outfit and the distressing lack of stands and pets. But at least they're not orange, haha. And I like their long hair and yarn ball purses.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 01, 2012, 10:04:01 AM »
I preordered the Twins, but I think I'm still going to check out my local TRU's tomorrow to see if they got them in as well. Someone in another community confirmed with Mattel that even though they're out now, they're still shipping preorders at the end of the month and I'm impatient. :) I've also heard that these two have a lot of painting errors, so if I can pick out a decent set in person then I'm totally going that way. If I can't find them then at least I still have the preorder to fall back on, and if I do I'll probably just keep the spare to trade.

I don't really mind that they don't come with stands, as I don't use them, but I can see why it would aggravate those that do. I'm thinking this may only apply to these exclusive doll sets to potentially keep the overall prices down, but it would be upsetting for many people if they started leaving them out in future releases altogether. Most store exclusives seem to cut corners in some way by re-using older molds or simplifying the packaging and accessories though, so I wouldn't panic just yet. :)

For those looking for alternatives, I've heard that Kaiser stands make a suitable replacement and are less potential stress on the clothes. They can usually be purchased in bulk on sites like Amazon or ebay.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 01, 2012, 10:46:46 AM »
I'm thinking this may only apply to these exclusive doll sets to potentially keep the overall prices down, but it would be upsetting for many people if they started leaving them out in future releases altogether. Most store exclusives seem to cut corners in some way by re-using older molds or simplifying the packaging and accessories though, so I wouldn't panic just yet. :)

That's what I think the case is too. My Cupid, while she came with a stand, she came with nothing else. No brush, no diary, no pet.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 01, 2012, 11:36:28 AM »
I went to TRU this morning, but they didn't have the twins. I'm not too concerned since I also pre-ordered them, but we are impatient! LOL

Has anyone seen/heard anything about the Clawdeen/Howleen set at Target???

Offline kadajkitten

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 01, 2012, 11:55:19 AM »
I preordered the Twins, but I think I'm still going to check out my local TRU's tomorrow to see if they got them in as well. Someone in another community confirmed with Mattel that even though they're out now, they're still shipping preorders at the end of the month and I'm impatient. :) I've also heard that these two have a lot of painting errors, so if I can pick out a decent set in person then I'm totally going that way. If I can't find them then at least I still have the preorder to fall back on, and if I do I'll probably just keep the spare to trade.

I don't really mind that they don't come with stands, as I don't use them, but I can see why it would aggravate those that do. I'm thinking this may only apply to these exclusive doll sets to potentially keep the overall prices down, but it would be upsetting for many people if they started leaving them out in future releases altogether. Most store exclusives seem to cut corners in some way by re-using older molds or simplifying the packaging and accessories though, so I wouldn't panic just yet. :)

For those looking for alternatives, I've heard that Kaiser stands make a suitable replacement and are less potential stress on the clothes. They can usually be purchased in bulk on sites like Amazon or ebay.

Where can I preorder the werecats? =0

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #461 on: March 01, 2012, 11:57:55 AM »
That sucks about the stands. Luckily, I have a few extras from the dolls I've sold.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:30:49 PM by WickedWonderland »

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 01, 2012, 12:01:38 PM »

Where can I preorder the werecats? =0

They were only available for preorder for a few hours on January 27th. They were taken off the website the same day.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 01, 2012, 12:03:45 PM »
Howleen is being released individually as well, correct? I read that...somewhere...

Offline Ravie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • That's So Ravie
« Reply #464 on: March 01, 2012, 12:06:38 PM »
i haven't seen anything about Howleen being released individually.

There is a rumor that she'll be part of the DT2 line, but her basic signature form is going to be the two-pack with clawdeen.

also, if they release romulus as a doll, i hope he looks a lot better than his weird 2d design

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal