collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 3175 times)

corina

• Trade Count: (0)
Hello!
« on: February 12, 2012, 07:09:42 PM »
My name is Corina, I am 38 and was a Breyer & MLP girl as a kid. I have been into cm model horses but just recently have started getting a bug to cm mlps! I have started my first three and am really happy so far, no irrepairable fudges! I have been a visiting artist at the Peter Stone Co the last two summers and I think this will be fun creative painting for me and a break from the realism of the Breyers and Stones. Anyone in SFL & wanna have a pony bashing play day? Looking forward to the forums! :)

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 07:21:33 PM »
Greetings and :welcome: to the Arena, corina. :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 08:37:57 PM »
Welcome :)
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 09:11:53 PM »
Hello and Welcome to the Arena!

Happy to have you!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 11:03:52 PM »
Welcome Corina :wave:

Your customs sound really neat.  Feel free to post some pics for us in the custom forum when you get done.  We'd love to see :D

Offline LilSpark

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Taste the Rainbow!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 01:39:18 AM »
Welcome to the Arena  :cheer:

Can't wait to see your customs  :lovey:

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 03:38:05 AM »
Welcome, looking forward to seeing you around the customs forum!

corina

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 06:09:18 AM »
Photobucket only way to share pics here?

Post Merge: February 13, 2012, 02:17:12 PM

I attached 2 images in a post in Customs but I dont see them. Also, how do I view other's pics? I see the post and the signatures and what not, but dont see the pics of the ponies people are talking about. I am on my phone so maybe it displays weird?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:17:13 PM by corina »

Offline bigmlpfan

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Currently offline due to illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 04:34:36 PM »
Hello and welcome :)

bigmlpfan xx

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 06:36:40 PM »
Welcome to the Arena, are you on the blab or FallenLeaves?  If so I am Rocket there.

Photobucket only way to share pics here?

Post Merge: February 13, 2012, 02:17:12 PM

I attached 2 images in a post in Customs but I dont see them. Also, how do I view other's pics? I see the post and the signatures and what not, but dont see the pics of the ponies people are talking about. I am on my phone so maybe it displays weird?

Might be the phone, I know some others have mentioned that.  And you can use any photo image service you wish, you just need to use board code to put them in visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

corina

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 04:35:09 AM »
Hey Diamond, thanks for your response! I am not on Blab. I have read rude things other artists have shown me from there, so I pretty much avoid it. I know everyone's entitled to an opinion and I think some people are less sensitive than others. I also think people write things online they would never say in public/to you because they think people won't know who they are and they won't have to be responsible for or about nasty things they say.  I love feedback and constructive criticism, hurtful and mean is different.  I knew I made it big time when I got fan mail AND hate mail, lol. I was on fallen leaves when I was returning to collecting and starting to cm. When I started working for Stone I kinda fell away from that also, and the rise of fb. I am on fb and frequent the Stone Co group there.
I am in a fb group of collectors but hardly anyone cm's there and I am not getting a lot of feedback I just get "show me pics when you're done!", which is nice but I am not getting what I need there regarding this; a couple of the ladies told me about this forum, because even Stone and Breyer cm'ers aren't too sure what to do w this vinyl lol! It started w a joke that if Stone and MLP got together they would make a ML Stoney, lol. So I am having fun exploring this quadrant of the 'horse shaped object' galaxy'. I struggle with decorators at Stone, I want real horses! But they are getting fun to do and how much more deco can you go than mlp!?! I am looking fwd to getting some bait to rehair and using my airbrush. Although like others have said it's usually too humid to spray here. I don't spray in my house. I have an asthma cat and a spray intolerant boyfriend lol! He's probably saving me from myself tho because the particulate can mess you up chronicly. Even if it's not industrial chemical based paints (esp if it's industrial paint tho!!!)
Are there a lot of MLP people on Fallen Leaves? 
Is there an Arena group on fb or really probably no need for one. I have a bunch of pics there already is all, but it's friends only/private.
I'd also like to take a moment to add that for my 10th bday in 1983, I received a My Pretty Pony from my parents with the test MLP inside and I loved it so much. I left Breyers for quite awhile! Can't groom a Breyer and Breyer didn't have the sleepy baby blue eyes <3 <3 <3 :) I eventually decided I was too grown up for my MLPs (oh puberty, why are you so evil?) and gave them away to children. I kept 2 babies that were almost new ;)  MPP got loved to death I wish I still had her tho! I manage and groom real horses and have vet teched @ equine hospital ICU neonatal, colic, and sports med. Know of a big MPP for sale I would *love* to get my paws on her again and fix her up. Wish the real horses were so easy to fix!

I logged on via my laptop and now I see the links in the posts, so I guess it was my mobile browser, android on gingerbread os. It's so frustrating to read the chat and not see the pics lol!
More pics of my mlp in awhile after I paint some more red spots.
Last night I felt like crying and scrubbing the spots off after I painted them red. It seemed like a good idea when I started and when I finished it looked like scabs and I was like, 'oh nooooo, I gave her sores all over her body!' My boyfriend's little brother is 23 and he is familiar with the model horses etc and saw me working it and said 'is that My Little Pony?!?' Lol! He said it didn't look like disease (what's more diseased, the red spots or the purple skin lol!), so I took heart and continued. It's a test it doesn't have to be perfect but it does have to be done, and I have 2 more bodies in way different colors, so I primered the other side spots and today I am going to make them red like the others. I can always tone them down with another color although I don't want thick paint.
Thanks again for the forum.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 10:05:12 AM »
Welcome to the arena :)

corina

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 06:04:00 AM »
ty!
Is anyone here coming to Lexington for BF/EQ/NAN? I noticed the Pony gathering is in Orlando about the same time.
really enjoying the mlp customs, it's so fun and cute! even the deery g4's are growing on me...

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 06:52:02 AM »
welcome to the arena! i hope you have lots of fun!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

corina

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 08:59:44 AM »
ty!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal