collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pic of the New US Mcdonalds Ponies!  (Read 39660 times)

will2Bfree

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pic of the New US Mcdonalds Ponies!
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2012, 09:08:15 PM »
I'll for sure try to get a Lily Blossom. I'll have to go inside the McDonald's and see them in person before I decide on the others. I do like Fluttershy's pose much better, so I'll probably also try to get her, but her hair looks funny to me for some reason. Rarity's pose is also better, but they still gave her that awful pink tail!

I liked last year's Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash better. I just can't stand those awkward looking walking poses. It's looks like all of them except Lily Blossom and Fluttershy have their legs raised weirdly in some kind of crazy march.

I agree with someone else that said a laying down pose would be neat and different. I can see why they wouldn't make one though, as that would make the toy a bit more awkward to play with, with all the others standing.

I'm glad they're doing ponies again, but I was also hoping for ones that were a bit more different. And Lily Blossom does seem like a very random addition. I'm not complaining, as I do like her and she is the most different of the selection from last time, but it does seem random. The only thing I can think is that they got the vectors/character artwork from the toy department and the only one that had a unique style, instead of a recolor of the mane 6 or Cheerilee, was her. Honestly, I'm not even sure what the point of changing up their poses even was. They're visibly different, but still so very similar to their original poses. Perhaps it was just to tempt the completest collectors. *shrugs*

Obsydian

« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2012, 09:18:53 PM »
I got into MLP too late for the original MCD's pony release so this is something huge for me and I'm very excited.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2012, 09:21:27 PM »
Aren't they $2 each without the meal?  So 8 X 2 = $16.

You don't have to buy a Happy Meal to get them cheaper. As long as you buy a food item (I usually get a shake or a Mocha Frappe) they're $1 each. If you only buy the toys, then, yeah, they're $2 each.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 09:23:59 PM by ShortyBoo »

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2012, 10:34:04 PM »
Oh I'm so excited! I want them all. They probably didn't make a Celestia this time because she's supposed to be bigger and it just looks weird that she's all tiny and scrawny to be small enough for the McDs toys lol. Yay for Lily Blossom though!

The only bummer is I don't want to be around the fast food to get to the toys!
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BabyRainbou

« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2012, 11:34:42 PM »
Oooh! I hope I get some this time around!

Tyler

« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2012, 04:31:20 AM »
I hope these came to austraila and then Set 1 *USA 2011*

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • That's Saki-samagic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2012, 05:01:55 AM »
MINE COUNTANCE WHEREUPON LILLY BLOSSOM.
She's one of my bday ponies!~

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2012, 05:12:54 AM »
better poses than last year... I'm hoping to get them this year, I missed them -all- last year
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2012, 11:26:31 AM »
I don't know where I'm gonna put all these when I get them. I'm almost out of room on my current McD pony display (I only need 1 more Mc2 G2, one more Core 7 G3, A few more Ponyville G3s, and I think two or three more normal G3 McD)

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

toralei

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2012, 01:12:36 PM »

I liked last year's Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash better. I just can't stand those awkward looking walking poses. It's looks like all of them except Lily Blossom and Fluttershy have their legs raised weirdly in some kind of crazy march.

It reminds me of a cat playing with a string.

SuniMoon

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2012, 03:15:32 PM »
I hope they last a little ways into march.. My best friend is visiting from out of state on the 19th, and getting ponies together would be epic. xD

I look forward to these, I like making jewelry with mcdonalds ponies. :3

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2012, 03:20:47 PM »
My McD's all sell the happy meal toys for $3 after tax (OK, it's more like $2.70something but for ease of math $3).  $3 X 8 toys = $24.  That's what I pay, that what I sell the set for.  I know NY charges more for just about everything, and our sales tax is around 8.5% which does not help.  As I said, I can get the whole set at once for anyone who wants it.  But that's what I pay, so that what I ask for it.  And that's still cheaper then what EBAY will sell them for after, lol.  I WISH it was less, but it's not.

Yes Timepeice, they sell the McD toys without the meals, just ask them. :-)

I'm happy they are doing ponies again at all, so many of the preschoolers I work with love them it will be great to get them pony toys for less then $5+ per.  There is something about McD toys that kids love more then other toys.
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2012, 04:13:29 PM »
Is it just more, or is it awesome that they included Lily Blossom? I love her for some reason. Just an increadibly cute pony. :D

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

MikaUtsukushi

« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2012, 07:12:31 PM »
I feel that this is a little strange. Usually they release toys like this when a big event comes around like a movie or an anniversary or it's a seasonal type of thing. Did they just need a filler or something? Because I think I would be releasing some ponies with tacky little wedding accessories since the big thing this year is the wedding, or at least some spring accessories.

Above speech aside, I am very thrilled, Cheerilee and Lily Blossom are unexpected since I thought it would just be the mane 6. I'm hoping Lily Blossom gets more recognition and maybe appear in the show, she is absolutely gorgeous<3

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2012, 07:42:02 PM »
Ooooohhh new McD's in time for my berfday! :dribble:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal