collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: HAAAAAASBROOOOO!!!! (In the style of KHAAAAAAAAN!) (Update in OP)  (Read 8982 times)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: HAAAAAASBROOOOO!!!! (In the style of KHAAAAAAAAN!)
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 10:17:44 AM »
Oh my, I'd be pretty disappointed if I received a G3.5 product like that as a replacement for a G4, even if it were worth more!

Like others, I would complain again. They should have offered you a refund instead of something so different from what you originally wanted.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 10:21:11 AM »
Yikes, I would not be happy either! A few stores around here still have some older stock, I know I've seen some of the canterlot shine brights at one of my targets.

SheRa-dude

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 10:22:22 AM »
I'd decapitate her & send back the head.

I can't stop laughing at this ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 10:31:31 AM »
That's terrible, I would be outraged!  D:  What a nasty surprise.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. I'd rather be sent an envelope with anthrax than be sent this abomination.

SuniMoon

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »
After all most people who buy ponies are not collectors but buying toys for their children so they are more likely to accept it (although with a sigh..)

Ugh.

But those things will give children nightmares... They always scare me in the toy aisle, when I'm walking through, and I hear them speaking... "I'M PINKIE PIE, LOOK, I CAN WALK."

*shudders*  :cry:

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 11:29:34 AM »
-sigh- Oh Hasbro...

Apparently Hasbro does this, a lot. I know there was an incident with a Transformers toy where they were broken in packages and people contacted Hasbro about it for replacements.. and Hasbro just sent shelf warming toys that were not of equal value. It's a really dirty thing to do.. but Hasbro doesn't seem to be all that caring of anything because of how wide-spread they are.

I would certainly suggest you send them a strongly worded e-mail explaining that you should have been contacted before they sent you something, telling you that the item you were originally supposed to get was out of stock and would you like to pursue the matter any further or what would you like to replace it with, or even better a refund.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 11:54:02 AM »
Sounds like they were hoping that you only cared about the dollar value you spent and not that you were a serious collector.  :( 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SheRa-dude

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2012, 12:24:49 PM »
I took the time to write a letter that I would send to Hasbro if I were in your position. You're free to do with it what you want ;)
I work in customer service, and let me tell ya, the kind of reaction you got is NOT customer friendly.

Dear Hasbro,
I sent a toy back to your offices that didn’t meet the general standards of quality control.
In response, a certain item was sent back to me (enclosed). The item is in no way anywhere near the toy that I purchased and sent to you for replacement. I understand your explanation about the toy in particular not being available, but at no point did your customer service dept. contact me to inquire if I was OK with this type of replacement product or this approach to my initial complaint.
For all you know, I have already bought the product you sent as a replacement, leaving me with two items of the same toy. For all you know, the toy you sent as replacement was already seen at stores, and didn’t live up to our expectations.
Dollar value may have been met with your offer, but item and quality value certainly have not. I’m sending you back this item, in hopes of getting a refund or a replacement of good quality of the same item I sent initially.

It is professional and to the point.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:38:50 PM by SeabreezeBigBro »

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2012, 12:56:59 PM »
WHAT THE--I think I would start crying if I opened a box from Hasbro, expecting a shine bright replacement, only to be faced with that hideous turtle-doll.

That is SO BAD.  Why can't they just send people Hasbro coupons or something, in the amount of the money you spent on the shine bright?  Or just a plain refund, or ...or ANYTHING BUT THAT.

Also, what is up with Hasbro not having any stock of their toys.   From what I've seen on here, they don't even have stock of current G4s??  What's that all about?  They really need to stop flinging G3.5s at people.  That's just mean.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2012, 01:30:58 PM »
I can understand them being reluctant to send a refund since you might end up using it on something other than a Hasbro product but why can't they do what Mattel does when they don't have a replacement for a particular Monster High doll in stock and send you a voucher?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Freeindeed

• Trade Count: (+208)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Iris Tiger
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2012, 03:36:18 PM »
Ewww! Now that's a really bad trade. LOL. (No offense to those of you who actually like those... things... but they are just not my cup of tea at all. ;) )

I would contact them and let them know, for sure.

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2012, 04:12:48 PM »
After all most people who buy ponies are not collectors but buying toys for their children so they are more likely to accept it (although with a sigh..)

Ugh.

But those things will give children nightmares... They always scare me in the toy aisle, when I'm walking through, and I hear them speaking... "I'M PINKIE PIE, LOOK, I CAN WALK."

*shudders*  :cry:

They are just scary ;_;  I don't know any child who has one of the pony babies *shudders*

But even if they were for kids, how does Hasbro know you don't already have said product?  And...  why old stock?  Believe it  or not, there are still some of those G3.5 babies on stores where I live (that tells they are NOT wanted at all).

I completely agree with SeabreezeBigBro with the letter.

And if not have the product in stock, to offer a refund, at least someone contact  you to offer a not-exact replacement, or a voucher to use on another Hasbro toy, not send a random surprise =P

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2012, 04:51:35 PM »
At least they sent something. Some companies ignore those things..

I've said it before - do you think sometimes these replacement stocks come from different departments? And that maybe that's why they don't have the replacements on hand?
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2012, 06:47:47 PM »
god, her forehead is gigantic

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2012, 08:16:21 PM »
I can see why Hasbro does it...but....ugh.  I don't know.  From a customer service and satisfaction - and financial!!!! - standpoint, I don't see how this is cost effective.  I would assume that the majority of people who order something on line (even if it's for their kids) are wanting a particular product.  I would assume that most would not be pacified by a different product; therefore, why waste shipping costs on a chance?  I mean, I'm sure they've done their research and there's a reason for it - but man...my hunch would be it wouldn't (but what do I know? :))

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal