collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: HAAAAAASBROOOOO!!!! (In the style of KHAAAAAAAAN!) (Update in OP)  (Read 9071 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: HAAAAAASBROOOOO!!!! (In the style of KHAAAAAAAAN!)
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 10:27:02 PM »
This is kinda weird since someone recently posted here on the Arena that they returned something to Hasbro and were told the item was out of stock so only a refund would be possible, not a replacement. Consistency please, Hasbro?

Keep in mind if you do try to return Cheerilee, I'll bet the only thing you would get at this point would be a refund of your money, not any other pony. :(

I think Hasbro's Canadian branch must handle things differently than Hasbro's main branch here in the US.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 10:46:41 PM »
Oh my o__o

I don't think Hasbro was deliberately trying to displease you though, or thought they were sending you "unwanted" stock :P Like you said, she is worth about twice as much as your shine bright. Definitely better than something of lesser value. And I don't know what you said when you e-mailed them, but they probably assumed it was for a child anyway. They were probably doing their best with what they had on hand.

Not that I'd be happy to find one of those when I was expecting a replacement for a shine bright G4 either though lol. I'm just trying to be fair to Hasbro....this time :P

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 11:54:57 PM »
They should have given you a choice another pony or a refund  :huh: not.... Surprise! This is not what you wanted, but have a nice day anyways  :blink: just not good customer service there  :|

SuniMoon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 01:29:58 AM »
Jeez! Definitely keep complaining. That's incredibly obnoxious, it looks like they ARE just trying to get rid of old stock. What a nasty way to do it. ):

Valkohai

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 01:39:25 AM »
there is shine bright RDs left here in Finland. seems not many want them so I guess I could pick you up one if you want to trade it to something. It sells a bit over 12€.
PM if interested : )

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 06:15:12 AM »
LOL @ title xD but seriously, Catlein I'd be soooo bummed to get that hideous G3 monster if I was expecting a G4 D: surely Hasbro could have made a better effort to replace the exact product they flubbed on to begin with. I agree with others- make more noise! No one should have to 'settle' for a replacement of something they don't even want from a massive manufacturer like Hasbro.

edit for: I accidentally my grammar.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 07:05:35 AM by Whellu »

Offline gallifreyan_pony

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 06:37:24 AM »
Definitely keep complaining!

If they didn't have appropriate replacement stock (frankly I feel it should be the exact same Shine Bright, not just one from the range - but I might be asking too much, idk) they really should have just offered a refund.

I've always hated baby dolls and variations thereof; if I was a kiddie who'd been sent that as a replacement for a 'proper' pony I would have been so upset regardless of the G3/G4 issue!

I don't believe for a second that Hasbro mean to meant to fob you off with old stock, and like you've said, RRP-wise you've gained (lol) but it's still like the rep really doesn't understand the product lines and poor custoer service as a result and I'd certainly be complaining if I were you!

Good luck!

aerie_star

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 06:45:03 AM »
Ugh just ew, that's a monster  :shocked: I think they might want to start just doing refunds or keeping extra stock on hand of the current lines for replacements. I can see how someone might have thought it would be a good idea, but what a hideous surprise.

Offline littlexflitter

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sparklesugar.com/
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 07:01:01 AM »
I hope you're able to get a refund; I think that would be more appropriate than another toy of equal value. That really isn't a replacement.

SheRa-dude

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 07:06:13 AM »
That's very customer unfriendly !  For all they know, you could already have the different replacement item they're shipping out.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 07:16:57 AM »
Wow, they probably have dozens of those lying around, and might use that excuse just to get rid of them.
As a kid- I probably would've hated it.

Yeah, a refund is in order.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 07:19:12 AM »
ARG! So I bought a Shine Bright Rainbow Dash on Boxing Day and her light-up mechanism was entirely dead. I emailed Hasbro and they agreed to send me a replacement. Four weeks later, I pick up a box from my post office and see this:

It came with a letter that they were out of stock of the Shine Brights, so they replaced my order with something of equal value. They couldn't even send something else from the FiM line? They probably have stacks of this 3.5 doll that they needed to get rid of since they didn't sell well (which probably explains why they sent something worth twice the amount of the toy that I wanted).

I'm now contemplating emailing Hasbro again since I really did want my Shine Bright (I haven't seen one in stores in ages), and I really have no interest in poor little Cheerilee. Has anyone had problems with Hasbro in this manner? Or should I just try to sell Cheerilee here on the boards?

This is horrible. Really. I say go at them again. I totally agree with the bolded part. Of course they must have had better things to send, like other g4 items.

I think this said it very well:

Jeez! Definitely keep complaining. That's incredibly obnoxious, it looks like they ARE just trying to get rid of old stock. What a nasty way to do it. ):

I wouldn't be surprised if hasbro has been doing this for some time to get rid of all those awful unpopular g3 and g3.5 items. As in, people who bought g4s and ask for replacements or reimbursement somehow will be getting one of these, just like you.
After all most people who buy ponies are not collectors but buying toys for their children so they are more likely to accept it (although with a sigh..)

Ugh.
-

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 10:05:53 AM »
Wow! What?

I mean they are toy manufacturers....they know that their lines move in generations....why on earth would they replace with such a random product....they may have been out of stock on Shine Brights [which is amazing in itself....they seem to be out of stock on everything!] but they could have stuck to the same line at least!

I agree with the consensus to go back and complain - money back or at least something from the FiM line...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2012, 10:12:40 AM »
I'd decapitate her & send back the head.
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • That's Saki-samagic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 10:15:24 AM »
I'd decapitate her & send back the head.
LMAO
And paint (or tint) it red.. BAHAAHAHA!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal