collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: POUNDS FOR PONIES - We are on our way! Sign-ups closed.  (Read 66578 times)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Re: POUNDS FOR PONIES - We are on our way! Sign-ups closed.
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2012, 12:03:53 PM »
I'm just gonna keep this here and edit it all week so I can keep track.  (Also, I think I'm more likely to be good if I keep a public record)

Week One:

Monday, 01/30
Nutrition: Special K for breakfast, no milk. Orange for lunch.  Pasta for dinner.  Remembered my vitamin!  +1
Fitness: 15 minute walk with the dogs, stretch.  +1

Tuesday, 01/31
Nutrition: Took my multivitamin.  Baked potato for lunch, light butter substitute and no salt.  Big dinner and then popcorn at a movie though.  +0
Fitness: Stretched, walked the dogs (~10 minutes).  No workout. +0

Wednesday, 02/01 (husband's birthday, save me from the cake!)
Nutrition:  Had some leftover chicken for lunch.  Took my multivitamin.  2 slices of pizza (no cheese) for dinner.  Total calories under 1500! +1
Fitness:  Stretched, walked the dogs.  Went to the gym, 30 mins on exercise bike, stretched, did reps on all the machines and some free weights.  Jogged back home.  +2 (can I do that if I did my goal + yesterday's workout?)

Thursday, 02/02
Nutrition:  Vitamin, Special K for breakfast.  Herb breaded chicken (my own recipe) for dinner, with mashed potatoes and steamed peas.  I ate a little more than I should have (I was sooo stuffed), but I still stayed within my calorie limit (barely).  Had water instead of soda.  +1
Fitness:  Walked the dogs.  Stretched, went to the gym (same workout as Wednesday).  +1

Friday, 02/03
Nutrition:  Vitamin, corn flakes for breakfast.  Lunch, I had some leftover mashed potatoes.  I made red beans and rice (from my mom's recipe, sooo yummy) for dinner and had a bowl of that with some white wine.  Baked cupcakes and ate one for dessert.  Stayed 300 calories under my limit!  +1
Fitness:  Walked the dogs, stretched.  +1

Saturday, 02/04
Nutrition:  Vitamin.  Lunch, I had another bowl of red beans and rice.  Went to dinner with a friend and had steak with a sweet potato.  Ordered water instead of soda or wine.  Steak put me over my calorie goal.  +0
Fitness:  Walked the dogs, but a short walk (2 feet of show on the ground and tiny dogs make for a difficult walk).  Helped a friend move all day, missed my workout.  Still worked hard, but no point.  +0

Sunday, 02/05
Nutrition:
Fitness:

Week One Total Points:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 10:19:44 PM by ZennaBug »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2012, 12:16:57 PM »
Day One:  Sick as a dog!  For breakfast I had a decongestant, a multivitamin, and a few sips of coffee.  I am SO not hungry. 

Oh, no! Hope you feel better soon!

Disregard the Prologue

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2012, 12:47:16 PM »
Day one: Really sick so I slept most of the day ;.; I had a nutrition drink for breakfast and that was it because I was sleeping. Not a good start D: I'm not giving myself any points today because I did not exercise and not eating anything at all just isn't good for your health.

I am going to take your advice about the desserts. I'm not going to have any tonight^^ I'll stick with my tea!

And now I have to go to work and resist the goodies. I'm gonna bring some fruit for my break.

Offline psyknife

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.personalfitnessathome.com
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2012, 02:06:25 PM »
Do we post our points here or just track them ourselves and report at the end?
I say... post them here!  Why not? :-)

To those who are sick!  Eek!  Get well soon!
You will find that being more active and eating better will actually help BOOST your immunity! :-) So, hopefully once you get on this bandwagon you'll get sick less often :-)
Personal Fitness At Home ~ Home Fitness Programs To Help You Succeed

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2012, 02:11:29 PM »
Aw man, I misread the post.  I thought sign ups started on the 30th. ><  I'm a dork.  Good luck to those participating! 

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2012, 02:47:37 PM »
Woohoo boosting immunity! :)

I only get one point today. Back was really bad (locked up) so I didn't get any  real exercise time in, but I replaced a snack that would probably have been chips or candy with strawberries, and I've only eaten when I was hungry.

Disregard the Prologue

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2012, 02:51:05 PM »
Good for you emberbrite. I know you missed the work out but you took control of what you ate. That is reason to cheer. Some times a 10 min streatch is good to slip in
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2012, 03:32:23 PM »
Weekly PLAN:

Monday:
Nutrition: Eat x2 more servings of Vegetables, x1 serving of fruit, Drink 8oz water with each meal
Fitness: Walk 30-60 minutes
Tuesday:
Nutrition: Eat x2 more servings of Vegetables, x1 serving of fruit, Drink 8oz water with each meal
Wednesday:
 Fitness: Walk 30-60 minutes, Zumba/Just Dance for 30-60 minutes
Thursday:
Friday:
 Fitness: Walk 30-60 minutes, Zumba/Just Dance for 30-60 minutes
Saturday:
 Fitness: Walk 30-60 minutes, Yoga for 40-90 minutes
Sunday:

Week One:

Monday:
Nutrition: Did pretty good actually! Wasn't terribly hungry when I woke this morning so I just had my morning tea. Lunch was rice with my homemade chili over the top. Snack was pineapple and 3 hershey's kisses. Dinner was spaghetti with a green pepper and 2 stalks of celery. Just barely made my goals today, but I feel stoked that I did!
Fitness: Walked my puppy for about 45 minutes this morning, was going to take a second walk before his training class this afternoon but it started raining. Still made the goal, I was just looking forward to the walk!2 Points!

Tuesday:
Nutrition: Did okay, managed to stay on track but I did splurge on the donut's I'd been craving for a couple of months. Also ate a bunch of veggies for a snack instead of the chips and dips I wanted. Fruit and Yogurt for my snack. I even managed to get in all of my water (just barely though!)
Fitness: I made my 30 minutes. Did my day 2 of C25k. I almost caved and didn't exercise though! Tuesday's and Thursday's are my busy days since I'm in my Field Experience/Practicum for my School Psychology degree. The only thing that made me do it was knowing I'll have to do it when I start working full time! Just 30 minutes today. 2 very hard earned points today.

Wednesday:
Nutrition: Did okay today, managed to get the vegetables and water in but not the fruit. Missed it by just a tad =(
Fitness: Walked for 30 minutes, but only did Just Dance for 20 since I had forgotten my original goal. So missed both points today but overall it wasn't a bad day.
0 Points today.

Thursday:
Nutrition: Bleh. Did okay today but just was not feeling very great. I did manage to get in the veggies, fruit, and water since that's all part of my planned lunch. So one point for this.
Fitness: Deliberately decided to not exercise (yep, totally a choice) since I had a very bad migraine and suffering from a couple of bad nights sleep. I just didn't see the need to make anything worse.
Just 1 point.

Friday:
Nutrition: Pretty good actually. Even with the eating out for dinner I stayed on track.
Fitness: Cleaned from top to bottom in my house, so even though it wasn't the 'outlined' exercise I'm counting it since I'm sore and spent about 5 hours doing it.
2 Points.

Saturday:
Nutrition: Noooope. Was entirely too much on the go-go-go
Fitness:
+0

Sunday:
Nutrition: Noooope. Again, on the go-go-go
Fitness:
+0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Points: 7!

Like Zenna I'm just going to update this post throughout the week, additionally, I use Runkeeper to track my walks if anyone wants to friend me AND My Fitness Pal for the food (for further accountability). I've also finally got my blog going (link in sig) to help with accountability as well. Since my day isn't finished yet, I'm going to edit my posts last thing before bed. Additionally I think I'll keep a daily record of this on my tumblr (cyzzane).

~Surf
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:27:30 PM by SurfStar »

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2012, 04:20:11 PM »
I am going to do home workouts that I have found in magazines for my muscle building instead of weights.  I found that my magazines say to do 10-15 reps of each workout and that they take about 15 to 20 min. all together so I adjusted that below.  And I am going to try to do my workout plan at about 7pm everyday.  However I am a night owl so sometimes I find myself doing my exercises after 1am, a little while before I go to bed.  I know, weird!  So I may update what I have done for the day after midnight.
Monday- 5 min. stretch followed by 30 min. on elliptical machine.  Alternating at level 4 then level 10 every 3 min.
Tuesday- 5 min. stretch followed by 15 min. home workouts.  10-15 reps of 6 different workouts that work different muscle groups.
Wednesday- 5 min. stretch followed by 30 min. on elliptical machine.  Alternating at level 4 then level 10 every 3 min.
Thursday- 5 min. stretch followed by 15 min. home workouts.  10-15 reps of 6 different workouts that work different muscle groups.
Friday- 5 min. stretch followed by 30 min. on elliptical machine.  Alternating at level 4 then level 10 every 3 min.
Saturday- 5 min. stretch followed by 15 min. home workouts.  10-15 reps of 6 different workouts that work different muscle groups.
Sunday- Rest

- I will probably increase the cardio to 45 min after a couple of weeks.  And I may increase the workouts to 20 min. by adding a couple extra ones then too.
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

Offline psyknife

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2012, 04:39:53 PM »
Colorscapesart - if you want to hop in and will fill out the form before tomorrow night... go for it!

Post Merge: January 30, 2012, 04:42:59 PM

Just finished my P90X2 workout... Power + Balance.  While I can no where near perform the people in the video, I pushed myself hard and challenged myself to do more than last time.  I feel pretty bad*** after that.  Also quite tired.  My eating today has been not too shabby.
To give y'all an idea of my usual eating, I'll post below... you needn't do this, but feel free to if you want input at all from peeps!
Breakfast:  Chicken sausage wrap + venti non-fat chai latte from Starbucks
Snack: Chocolate Shakeology made w/water, ice and 8 ounces of hemp milk
Lunch: Big bowl of veggie soup (homemade from the P90X nutrition guide)
Snack: One all natural cherry gel + one Oikos yogurt w/chocolate on the bottom
Dinner: 2 slices Turkey bacon + 1 chicken sausage + brussels sprouts + spinach

Post Merge: January 30, 2012, 04:46:16 PM

It's approx. 1800 calories (which is my usual daily goal) and the other goal I try to hit is protein, since I usually struggle eating enough.  This puts me at about 112 grams of protein.  I try to make sure I eat a minimum of 100 grams.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 04:46:16 PM by psyknife »

Offline sabathamk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sabrinas-space.blogspot.com
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2012, 06:15:51 PM »
Day one: 
Breakfast was good!  No cereal for me (the others had, but I had whole wheat blueberry pancakes without syrup... the berries make it sweet enough for me). 
Lunch was soup, carrots, and grilled cheese. 
Snack was about 10 almonds. 
Supper was salmon and rice with steamed broccoli and cauliflour. 
I'm working on my 6th cup of water right now! 
As for sugar, after lunch I had a graham cracker with a small piece of dark chocolate and some mini marshmellows (lots better than a load of ice cream like I'd have wanted).  After supper I had a small frozen homemade white cookie (better than the usual 3 or 4 I'd have).  I will be slowly cutting back on my sugar.  I know if I cut it out completely I will go CRAZY... I've done it before, and it made life miserable for me... and my poor husband.

I've done my 25min workout from the 30day shred.  I also did my 30 minute walk.  So... two points for me today!

I have the entire week's meals planned out, and a shopping list made for all the fresh ingredients I'll need.  Pizza is on the list... but Im making it myself (with whole wheat flour and loads of veggies).  I think making most things myself will already make a difference vs buying boxed items.

Thanks to Cardinal Melody\'s pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Offline psyknife

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2012, 07:36:33 PM »
You know... I'm SO USED to a lot of homemade stuff now, that ordering it out makes me go BLAH!  Pizza is one of those items!  Of course, I won't complain that delivery pizza is no longer an option for me... hahaha.  It just grosses me out now :-O
Homemade pizza... SO much better! :-)

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2012, 07:37:56 PM »
Psyknife, I know the feeling I do just about everything homemade. It's just better IMO.

I can't do delivery pizza anymore either. We ordered out last Sunday and it was terrible. =(

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2012, 07:41:15 PM »
Today I get 1 point for sticking with my nutritional goals.  For breakfast, I had granola with dark chocolate, vegan yogurt, and a bagel with hummus.  As a mid-morning snack I had an apple.  For lunch, I had a veggie burger (with ketchup only) on a wheat roll with steamed broccoli and cauliflower.  Dinner was very nice ... lentil soup!  I did very well with sticking to meals instead of grazing all day, and I feel better.

As for exercise ... I'm still going to try to fit it in before 12.  Maybe 1 more point today?

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2012, 08:42:37 PM »
so excited!!! did my excersizes, didn't have any gross fried anything in the cafeteria.. i had a dew but i said i'd cut back not to get rid completly so i figure it's ok as long as i dont have any tomorrow or such... maybe i should make an ammendment of my nutrition plan to say how many dews a week exactly, so i can have maybe 2 days in a row and then none for a couple of days!... hrm... I had flavored water like crazy!  that counts as water right? I dont think i could do the water with out!  2pts for me i thnk!
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal