collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 165748 times)

toralei

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #1380 on: February 19, 2012, 01:53:28 PM »
Okay, crossposting this from my lj entry:

Alright, so on Wednesday Amazon had the wave 1 DOTD dolls in stock. I decided to order Frankie. I have Amazon Prime and she was eligible for it. However, it said that the estimated arrival day would be in a week.

When I went to go check the order just a minute ago, it isn't even in my orders section??? Huh????
Has this ever happened to anyone else before???

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: February 19, 2012, 01:55:16 PM »
Weird. Never heard of that before. I ordered my Clawd from the Mattel site for $22 a few days ago, and now none of the 1600 dolls are listed there.

Oh, and have we seen these close ups[size=78%] yet?[/size]

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 01:58:14 PM by tuneful87 »

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: February 19, 2012, 01:56:53 PM »
Since it is my birthday in 3 days, and I had some funds in Paypal, I just splurged on a MIB 1st release Abbey from eBay!   :frolic:

Though, the final price with shipping was a lot ($82) I only paid half that because of the money in Paypal.   So, I justify this with also being my personal birthday gift to myself.  ;)

Anyway, I can't wait to get her!!

Congratulations! And happy birthday! I hope you love her as much as I love mine. :D Her whole body is glittery, which gives her skin a bit of a rough texture, but it's so sparkly and beautiful.

Her hair however IS pretty soft, it's just that the sparkly white strands interwoven with the regular MH doll hair (white all over with an under-layer of pink, purple, and blue) are kind of a soft plastic, it looks a bit like fiber optic cable. (But I'd say it's softer than those.) So it isn't the same feeling as one of the ghouls with just hair, like Spectra. But it's not a metal tinsel like Cleo. It doesn't crinkle up. One of the best things about her hair is how amazingly thick it is. She just has tons of the stuff.

MissSleepless

« Reply #1383 on: February 19, 2012, 01:59:03 PM »
Weird. Never heard of that before. I ordered my Clawd from the Mattel site for $22 a few days ago, and now none of the 1600 dolls are listed there.

Oh, and have we seen this close up of Venus yet?

Lookit her little chompers! Not sure on Robecca, but sold on this sweetheart for definite.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 19, 2012, 02:04:10 PM »
I'm thinking I can avoid a rehair on Venus if I just part her hair to the opposite side. But we shall see...

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: February 19, 2012, 02:08:29 PM »

Those are not horns!! *Anger ensues* But I still like her. Kinda like a spotted werecat with wings but no tail. lol

OMG Loving Venus!! Didn't notice she had fangs on both upper and lower lip, now I must have her on my priority section of my wantlist!!! (Alongside with Abbey of course!)
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 19, 2012, 02:09:44 PM »
Not a fan of Robecca from the waist up, but from the waist down, HOT!

Although she doesn't look too terrible in this pic in the link below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56628344@N07/6902927519/

Oh, and here is the Hallows Clawdeen without mask:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56628344@N07/6897985641/in/photostream/

Dot Dead Gorgeous close up:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56628344@N07/6883551165/in/photostream

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #1387 on: February 19, 2012, 02:09:58 PM »
Okay, crossposting this from my lj entry:

Alright, so on Wednesday Amazon had the wave 1 DOTD dolls in stock. I decided to order Frankie. I have Amazon Prime and she was eligible for it. However, it said that the estimated arrival day would be in a week.

When I went to go check the order just a minute ago, it isn't even in my orders section??? Huh????
Has this ever happened to anyone else before???

i don't have amazon prime but, i have had this happen.. I ordered some dolls from amazon in dec. I think it was toralei. anyway it didn't show up on my account and i  didn't get a confirmation email. But the dolls got to me just the same.   you can always email them and ask. but my bet is that if you  processed your order that they are on there way to you.

Post Merge: February 19, 2012, 02:16:23 PM

Since it is my birthday in 3 days, and I had some funds in Paypal, I just splurged on a MIB 1st release Abbey from eBay!   :frolic:

Though, the final price with shipping was a lot ($82) I only paid half that because of the money in Paypal.   So, I justify this with also being my personal birthday gift to myself.  ;)

Anyway, I can't wait to get her!!

congrats!! you will love her! She is beautiful!

wow you wern't kidding. I had to check onebay that original abbey was going for that much.. really??  wow.. just wow. is abbey really htf now or something?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 02:16:23 PM by mistic_imp »

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: February 19, 2012, 02:49:28 PM »
Hmm, of the new dolls I think I like the Gargoyle girl the best.   I like the Venus girl OK, but I don't like green. I'm not a fan of the metal/robot girl.  I dunno why, she just isn't my thing.  It will be easier to know once we get more pictures of them.

Congratulations! And happy birthday! I hope you love her as much as I love mine. :D Her whole body is glittery, which gives her skin a bit of a rough texture, but it's so sparkly and beautiful.

Her hair however IS pretty soft, it's just that the sparkly white strands interwoven with the regular MH doll hair (white all over with an under-layer of pink, purple, and blue) are kind of a soft plastic, it looks a bit like fiber optic cable. (But I'd say it's softer than those.) So it isn't the same feeling as one of the ghouls with just hair, like Spectra. But it's not a metal tinsel like Cleo. It doesn't crinkle up. One of the best things about her hair is how amazingly thick it is. She just has tons of the stuff.

Oh, I love that since it is not tinsel that it will not crinkle, I didn't even think about that!  Yay!  Thanks for all the info, I really cannot wait to get her.  <3

And yes, she is crazy expensive.  *arg*  Just a few weeks ago when I got Spectra I could have gotten Abbey for maybe $45-$55, but I noticed today on eBay she has skyrocked!   I decided I better get her now before I couldn't afford to.   Pretty pricey, and more than I ideally wanted to pay, but I am happy to know I will soon have her in my hands.   :happy:
I did see some of her 2nd release (the one where the fur does not cover her boots) for a tiny bit less, but I wanted the full length fur leggings.  I'm picky!

PS - There are even some sellers with Buy It Now prices on Abbey of $100 or more!  Yikes!
----------------------------------------------------
It is snowing a lot here today and I tried to get a few pics.  These are not great, but the best I got today:

Knibitz

« Reply #1389 on: February 19, 2012, 05:56:57 PM »
;u; I got a quick photo of my opperetta I just thought I'd share quicks since I boiled her hair down and did a bit of restyling.

and if anyone cares, her mask bends a bit. I had to bend her mask to fit right with her flatter hair. I bent it pretty far and it was fine.
I won't say it's not going to break though, but it does have some give and will stay if you bend it.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: February 19, 2012, 05:58:03 PM »
;u; I got a quick photo of my opperetta I just thought I'd share quicks since I boiled her hair down and did a bit of restyling.

She looks sooo much better with her hair down! Nice work.
and if anyone cares, her mask bends a bit. I had to bend her mask to fit right with her flatter hair. I bent it pretty far and it was fine.
I won't say it's not going to break though, but it does have some give and will stay if you bend it.

Knibitz

« Reply #1391 on: February 19, 2012, 06:38:57 PM »
Thanks tuney.
Got another shot that's not crap this time XD

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: February 19, 2012, 06:47:49 PM »
You're almost making me want to buy her! The only thing holding me back is the left side of her face and arm that's all disfigured, but I guess you don't see all that much of it once you let her hair down...

Knibitz

« Reply #1393 on: February 19, 2012, 06:54:30 PM »
with her bangs combed to the side you don't really see it at all, and then her jacket covers all of her scars on her shoulder area

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #1394 on: February 19, 2012, 07:10:58 PM »
I love that Operetta has scars, even if they are very pretty ones. Ties her into the Phantom mythology and also gives those with disfigurements a doll like them...kind of surprising, given that Mattel still hasn't released a bald Barbie for cancer victims yet. Maybe Operetta is a sign they are moving in that direction?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal