collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 166118 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #1365 on: February 19, 2012, 06:02:46 AM »
Went shopping and saw Operetta and Nefera at Target and Sweet 1600 Clawdeen at Kmart (along with the Skull Shores Dolls, no Gil though).
Dunno if this is old news or not but I thought I'd share :D I was surprised that the 1600 dolls were more expensive though, $39.
$39 for the Sweet 1600 dolls?! OMG  :drunk:

Yeah, I couldn't believe it, I dunno if it was labelled wrong or if they just decided to up the price coz of the extra accessories, it's insane!

1600 dolls retail at £24.99 in the UK...thats $39.51 in US...its why I only have Draculaura so far...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Skitterbug

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1366 on: February 19, 2012, 08:14:18 AM »
Wow, the close-up of robecca... it looks like there's more details on her than it looked like, with the rivets and everything. Can't wait for her!

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: February 19, 2012, 08:59:08 AM »
In Sweden the signature dolls go for about 269 SEK, wich is about $38.
And the Dead tired goes for $28
even scalpers on ebay takes less... Good thing theres amazon and other great stores online that ships internationally. It's WAY cheaper to order, at least if I buy more than one at the same time.
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #1368 on: February 19, 2012, 09:32:46 AM »
I think I might be crossing Robecca off my want list. I was a little iffy about her before... I thought she might look better rehaired blonde, but the gear eyes and that line by her scalp really put me off. It doesn't look like her head and body match either. :/

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: February 19, 2012, 09:49:10 AM »
I think I might be crossing Robecca off my want list. I was a little iffy about her before... I thought she might look better rehaired blonde, but the gear eyes and that line by her scalp really put me off. It doesn't look like her head and body match either. :/

I've got to agree. I'm totally blase about her now.

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: February 19, 2012, 11:06:38 AM »
Ok, so I am now officially hooked on these dolls, all it took was one!  lol!

Anyway, those who own Abbey:  Is her hair soft?  I saw somewhere that the tinsel is a rough texture.   Does she have glitter all over her?   How much to you like her in relation to your other MH dolls?

(Can you tell I am thinking about splurging?)  ;)

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: February 19, 2012, 11:27:55 AM »
Abbey's hair is soft, but it also has a texture on some of the stands. I think the glitter is just on her face.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: February 19, 2012, 11:34:10 AM »
My Abby has glitter all over her body. Her hair is relativity soft. I love her she is one of my favs. Even though I didn't like her much at first.

As for Rebecca I haven't looked at the close up but on a whole I do like her!!

VincentVJ

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1373 on: February 19, 2012, 11:51:22 AM »
Went shopping and saw Operetta and Nefera at Target and Sweet 1600 Clawdeen at Kmart (along with the Skull Shores Dolls, no Gil though).
Dunno if this is old news or not but I thought I'd share :D I was surprised that the 1600 dolls were more expensive though, $39.
$39 for the Sweet 1600 dolls?! OMG  :drunk:

Yeah, I couldn't believe it, I dunno if it was labelled wrong or if they just decided to up the price coz of the extra accessories, it's insane!

1600 dolls retail at £24.99 in the UK...thats $39.51 in US...its why I only have Draculaura so far...

KMart has them for 20... (Also, they messed up and had the signature for the new line at 10 a doll.)

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: February 19, 2012, 12:44:39 PM »
Since it is my birthday in 3 days, and I had some funds in Paypal, I just splurged on a MIB 1st release Abbey from eBay!   :frolic:

Though, the final price with shipping was a lot ($82) I only paid half that because of the money in Paypal.   So, I justify this with also being my personal birthday gift to myself.  ;)

Anyway, I can't wait to get her!!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: February 19, 2012, 12:49:42 PM »
Since it is my birthday in 3 days, and I had some funds in Paypal, I just splurged on a MIB 1st release Abbey from eBay!   :frolic:

Though, the final price with shipping was a lot ($82) I only paid half that because of the money in Paypal.   So, I justify this with also being my personal birthday gift to myself.  ;)

Anyway, I can't wait to get her!!

Damn, I can't believe she was that expensive! Craziness!

Offline SkitLeDee

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • A silly artist trying to make in in a huge fandom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: February 19, 2012, 12:54:32 PM »
Here's a link to a close-up of Robecca, I just found it on Tumblr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56628344@N07/6897988975/sizes/m/in/photostream/

I have to admit, she's not my kind of robot, but the gear in her eyes is very clever!

Oooh!Definitely more robot!I love her now!I think I gear in her eye is subtle and beautiful.
....I'm stuck here forever,aren't I?

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: February 19, 2012, 01:18:38 PM »
I'm thinking of caving in and buying a Nefera, but only because I want to see those extra long legs! ha!

The thing is, I hate her aqua hair and lips. I suppose I could live with the hair if I could make it into an afro...just not sure it's possible. I guess I could give her a boil perm and then comb it out...that might work. And, of course, repaint her lips pink...

P.S. Watching the Ghouls in Love special. It's quite fun. Can't wait for Venus' appearance!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: February 19, 2012, 01:32:05 PM »
I'm thinking of caving in and buying a Nefera, but only because I want to see those extra long legs! ha!

The thing is, I hate her aqua hair and lips. I suppose I could live with the hair if I could make it into an afro...just not sure it's possible. I guess I could give her a boil perm and then comb it out...that might work. And, of course, repaint her lips pink...

P.S. Watching the Ghouls in Love special. It's quite fun. Can't wait for Venus' appearance!

I felt the same with Nefera. Didn't like the height her headmold looked to angular and maybe with her makeup too, it made her look freakishly evil but after seeing her so many times on my last MH Hunting trip, I caved and gotten used to her features and gotten her. lol

As for Robecca's closeup...I don't know what to say...maybe a little too much? the line on her scalp looks like the machine missed the plugs that they were supposed to make and hair. The eyes are alright I guess, trying to go for the machine look and all.
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: February 19, 2012, 01:34:59 PM »
I'm trying to find a nude Nefera on ebay for a reasonable price. I don't need her clothes, 'cause I plan to buy her new ones. Or if anyone here is selling their Nefera, please let me know!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal