collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High thread number 786!!  (Read 164679 times)

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High thread number 786!!
« Reply #270 on: January 21, 2012, 07:09:13 AM »
my family thinks I'm crazy for wanting to go to the store every day o.0

unfortunately we got some snow last night.  I'm not braving the elements to walk to my local stores and check for dolls - and I bet you they're on the shelves today, too ;)
looking into a re-branding.

Offline Alatariel

• Cookie Queen
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 21, 2012, 07:11:30 AM »
To those of us who have been waiting for Walmart to reset their toy aisles, it looks like mine finally has. :D I went there yesterday, and OF COURSE they were already out of stock of ALL the new dolls. They had the outfits though, and I grabbed Spectra's!

I was wondering if anyone has an extra doll stand, or an idea to make a new one? (I'm a horribly uncrafty person though.) My 1600 Lala came without the bottom part to her stand, and since she's such a pretty doll it's a shame to leave her flopping on my shelf. :( I really need to get that fixed, and it doesn't look like Mattel sells extra stands on their site. Since these are the first dolls I've collected, I have no experience with stands.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sirithfin and cannibalcow for my avvie and siggy!

Offline MLPgal13

• Trade Count: (+123)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Thanks for my Avie Calico <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 21, 2012, 07:21:53 AM »
my family thinks I'm crazy for wanting to go to the store every day o.0

unfortunately we got some snow last night.  I'm not braving the elements to walk to my local stores and check for dolls - and I bet you they're on the shelves today, too ;)

We are getting about 8" right now so I can't go either. It's much to far to walk. I stopped at Walmart last night on my home from work and spoke to an employee in the toy section. He stated the trucks come in by 11pm and they stock the shelves by 7am. So I HAD planned to go today early enough to hopefully catch them. But the snow is crazy out there and with my rear wheel drive, hemi engine. I'd be sledding down the main road. LOL

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 21, 2012, 07:24:47 AM »
To those of us who have been waiting for Walmart to reset their toy aisles, it looks like mine finally has. :D I went there yesterday, and OF COURSE they were already out of stock of ALL the new dolls. They had the outfits though, and I grabbed Spectra's!

I was wondering if anyone has an extra doll stand, or an idea to make a new one? (I'm a horribly uncrafty person though.) My 1600 Lala came without the bottom part to her stand, and since she's such a pretty doll it's a shame to leave her flopping on my shelf. :( I really need to get that fixed, and it doesn't look like Mattel sells extra stands on their site. Since these are the first dolls I've collected, I have no experience with stands.

I would email mattel and complain.  they sold a defective device, and they should be able to make it right for you :)

EmoKuu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #274 on: January 21, 2012, 08:06:25 AM »
I would email mattel and complain.  they sold a defective device, and they should be able to make it right for you :)

This! I'm sure they'd send you a replacement stand or a coupon, Mattel is very good with their customer support.

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #275 on: January 21, 2012, 08:09:23 AM »
Alatariel, I have some extra stands. If things don't work out with Mattel I can send you one for the cost of shipping. I'll try to get pictures of the different colors later.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 21, 2012, 08:30:46 AM »
ugh.  everything is still bare at stores around here.  I want skull shores draculaura so bad.  I didn't even realize that operetta has that huge decorative scar?  is everyone liking that?  I don't know if i can get over it in person... but i don't like it in photos.

You are not alone, I don't like it either. It makes me think of scarification and that freaks me out... natural scarring I don't have a problem with but this does not really look natural to me. Also on all the pics I have seen on her eyes seem really :muffin: Pony.

Her eyes have a slightly different placement from some of the other girls, which can look slightly :muffin: Pony from certain angles. But it's like she's glancing upward, and in person (to me anyway) it gives her a saucy look.

Congrats Pickle! Totes jealous of that SS Lala. Can't wait to see your inevitable pics! xoxo

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 21, 2012, 09:21:59 AM »
took some low quality pics of my girls this morning.  compared to picklepud's pics, mine look horrid ;)  they're on the MLPTP, but I made the album open for everyone to see, so let me know if anyone has a hard time viewing them - I'll upload them somewhere else instead.

http://www.mlptp.net/forums/album.php?albumid=1966

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #278 on: January 21, 2012, 09:28:21 AM »
Oooh I love the dark glowy pics of Spectra, Buddafly! :D

MissSleepless

« Reply #279 on: January 21, 2012, 10:53:25 AM »
Wilkinson's had the fashion packs today! They were wiped out of dolls though, just a lonely Spectra left. And I was very good and only  picked up her outfit (even though Toralei's really caught my eye!). And yes! Argos will be stocking Howleen! *giddy*

miss

« Reply #280 on: January 21, 2012, 01:31:16 PM »
had an amazing day finding dolls today! First off got all the CAM sets bar tri-clopse which im sure i will find soon.... Also found S-16 Clawdeen, and CUPID! I also bought the roadster, which i thought i best grab... will be great to display the dolls with!
Also my little sis came over, and bought with her SS lala!

Totally epic doll day (not inc i found butterfly ponies, £2 sea pony sets, and Blind bag ponies!)

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 21, 2012, 01:42:19 PM »
I found Operetta!!  They also had Nefera as well but I just don't like her. She takes away from Cleo.

I love Operetta!! She is beautiful!! I have to fix her hair some but I'm so happy to have found her!!

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #282 on: January 21, 2012, 01:44:54 PM »
Congrats on everyone's finds! And I love your pictures, Buddafly!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lightninglover

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 21, 2012, 01:55:03 PM »
Well I thought my day couldn't get any better after Cupid, but I then managed to find SS Lagoona & Wave 2 Lagoona, two of my most wanted... Brilliant!

Offline WeepingPiano

• Medieval Merpony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 21, 2012, 02:00:46 PM »
I am so happy for all of y'all! and slighty, kinda, really jealous...  :jealous: I have been getting my family to check walmart for me every time they go, but no luck. Yet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal