collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I think I'm losing heat on the G4s...  (Read 8896 times)

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
I think I'm losing heat on the G4s...
« on: October 12, 2012, 03:19:14 AM »
Is anyone feeling like this too? I feel like I should be excited like everyone when we have the new cartoon series and such, but I'm actually becoming less interested in the FiM line. I still run out to check out the stores, but  I don't get the compulsion to buy if I spot something new.

Is there something wrong with me? I mean, I still think I'm a hardcore MLP fan!!! lol I lived through G1s, G2 and G3s. Even the G3.5s didn't kill me, so I hope I won't die off on the G4s.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline tinrobo

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • clockwork robo pony *click* *whirr*
    • View Profile
    • Tinrobo's Etsy Shop
Re: I think I'm losing heat on the G4s...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 04:16:41 AM »
I'm getting bored of them too - the series still interests me but the toys are rubbish!

I used to love getting the new waves of brushables and seeing all the cute new ponies, it feels like we haven't had anything like that (at least in the UK) for ages! Everything coming out now is moulded (which I don't have that much interest in because all you can do is put it on a shelf) or a re-release of the mane six with a different gimmick. I was really excited when I thought the Crystal Empire ponies would be the glitter bodied versions but instead they're just releasing the same old ponies but with tinsel in their hair and different shaped eye shines... really? :|

I'd take this all back and pretty much pee myself if Minty was announced though. Please, Hasbro?

Offline FlitterRose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Welcome to Daydreamland. No reality allowed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 04:33:17 AM »
There's nothing wrong with you.Different people have different opinions (I prefer G3.5s over G4 and G2).Plus,they totally changed the fim cartoon in season 2 and all the characters start over reacting already.Or the toys...they keep making blind bags way more than brushables and it's getting plain and even boring.

Pretty sure there are people,who feel the same way too
Sup

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 04:39:20 AM »
I can understand where you're comming from. I've felt a little like that too. At first when I got back into collecting and discovered that there were G4's out there waiting for me I was really exited. Now I've caught up on most of it though and - even though I'm still missing a few G4 ponies which i really would like - I don't feel nearly as driven to go after it as I did earlier.

I'm pretty sure my reason is:
1. They're really slow with releasing new stuff here. I've yet to see Lyra, Trixie, Sunny Rays and Cherry over here. The most recent ones I've seen are the bridle friends and the castle.

2. Blind Bag focus. It seems like they're focusing more on the Blind Bags than the brushables. And even though I do collect the Blind Bags (even though I told myself not to get sucked into that) they're not nearly as interesting to me as the brushables are. Yet it's the Blind Bags they shower us with.

3. RE-RELEASES!!! GAH!!! It's the same deal as it was with the core 7 at the end of the G3 line. You would have thought Hasbro learned from their misstake with that one - but here they are doing it again. Releasing the mane 6 over and over and over and over and... Well you see where I'm going with this.

These factors have made me pretty bored with the G4's, especially the latter one. Allright, so I do have a Pinkie and Fluttershy army and I do buy every version of those. However it wouldn't kill Hasbro to make a few new, never seen before, ponies along with the mane 6. I know it would make me a whole lot more exited about the line.

On a side note: Is the new season out? :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 04:41:54 AM by Desert Rose »
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 05:01:09 AM »
I am getting pretty sick of the re-releases myself. It seems like a recipe for failure. I want some NEW ponies. I don't think even kids want the reissues. I know if I was a child, I wouldn't want ten versions of the same pony.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 06:42:13 AM »
Collecting has slowed down in a big way for me, mainly because we don't have Target stores and STILL don't have the wave with Lyra, Trixie, Cherry Berry and Sunny Rays (I'm DYING for these 4 :( ). We did amazingly recently get the white talking Celestia, which I excitedly bought; but all I really see other than that are the blindbags. I'd only be interested in those if the price came down further from $12.99 for the 3 packs, and $3.97 individually. I find the price really high for the size of the figures. You can get a brush-able for $2 more!

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 06:58:49 AM »
Personally, tje exclusives and the rereleases are sickening me a little. I still love the G4 line, but I have to go through someone else to be able to get all the ponies I really want. Hello, Mattel, Canada is ATTACHED to the US, give us stuff!

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 07:04:55 AM »
I feel the same way. I have kept up pretty well, but I don't feel the excitement about them like I did with the other generations. I lost interest in the show pretty quickly, and it seems that the toys are going that way as well. I think it's the lack of brushable OC ponies. I am hoping that hasbro steps it up and I refind G4 love, because finding G4's feels more like a chore than a hunt.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 07:18:37 AM »
I also hope that Hasbro come sout with my brushable ponies to. :)

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 07:34:56 AM »
I feel the same way. I have kept up pretty well, but I don't feel the excitement about them like I did with the other generations. I lost interest in the show pretty quickly, and it seems that the toys are going that way as well. I think it's the lack of brushable OC ponies. I am hoping that hasbro steps it up and I refind G4 love, because finding G4's feels more like a chore than a hunt.

Well said, Josie - that's exactly how I feel! I've been keeping up pretty well myself, but the G4s lose their shine pretty fast for me. We don't get blind bags here, so I don't know how exciting it can be collecting those, and the box set of Blingbags that do arrive here cost an insane amount at retail. I wouldn't pay $16 for 3 tiny blind bag figurines or $60 for a box set of 12 that the US received like a year ago.

I think Hasbro is getting messed up trying to cater to the Bronies and little girls at the same time. They don't know what they are selling anymore. :P

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 08:40:25 AM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one to feel this way!

On one hand Hasbro is coming up with some very interesting stuff. I think there's a Rainbow Dash and a Fluttershy coming up with hair and wings that you can customize. And there's going to be some action poses of the Mane 6 where you push a button and they kick their legs out or something.

However, the focus for 2013 seems to be blind bags (or mini sized figures, whatever you want to call them) and more and more reissues of the Mane 6, which do not really interest me. I might buy some of the more interesting releases, like the RD and Fluttershy that you can color their hair. But otherwise I'm not out to grab every new G4 toy I see, like I was in 2011.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 08:41:57 AM »
Yeah the cartoon is awesome but I'm not that into the toys, they are rather limited as even though we have more than the mane 6 most the ponies are in the same pose and apart from the blindbags there's not really that many characters and the toys don't really have that much in the way of accessories or features

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 08:49:38 AM »
I actually feel the opposite- I love that hasbro is branching out and doing licenses with other companies, there is much more merch available this go round! all kinds of shirts, bags, jewelry, and now vinyl figures! I am sad about the blind bag focus, and love the brushables most, but this is a pretty exciting time for my little pony!
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 09:02:42 AM »
I actually feel the opposite- I love that hasbro is branching out and doing licenses with other companies, there is much more merch available this go round! all kinds of shirts, bags, jewelry, and now vinyl figures! I am sad about the blind bag focus, and love the brushables most, but this is a pretty exciting time for my little pony!
I agree with this 100%!
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 09:14:15 AM »
I feel pretty much the same way as well.

I'm still as interested as I was when I first got into them a little over a year ago.
I enjoy just following the news about what is coming out soon even if it's not all something I want for my own collection but there is still plenty I'm excited about!
I can't wait for season 3 to start. I miss spending part of my Sat. watching and discussing new episodes and I think they have a lot in store for us. I have a 2 page long list of toys that are either unreleased or not in the my area yet I want still. NY toy fair is only 4 months away! I'm still on a high from the recent Funko figure release...
Though there is an underlying fear Hasbro might sink into re-releasing a bunch of G3 characters as G4s or take a Core 7 approach again, which would make me lose interest right quick, I'm not sure those fears are justified quite yet. I think more brushables, new poses and unique ponies are coming and I have no problem being patient and letting the line roll out and develop at the pace Hasbro chooses in the hopes that it will result more quality than quantity.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 09:16:14 AM by 3377345 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal